NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-19-2011, 06:06 PM

Default Rarity of the 1922 E121 (series of 120) Whitted Brooklyn

I recently picked up my example of the 1922 E121 (series of 120) Whitted Brooklyn. I know Rhett looked for an example of this card for a long time and Ed Hans notes it on his website as the rarest example in the E121 series of 120 variations. I was just hoping to elicit everyone's opinion on the card.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1922 E121 (120) Whitted [Front].jpg (26.0 KB, 228 views)
Old 09-20-2011, 11:10 AM
Ed Hans

Default Re: Rarity of the 1922 E121 (series of 120) Whitted Brooklyn

By way of full disclosure, I got my info from The Master himself (Rhett). FWIW the card sold within an hour of being uploaded.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Rhett Yeakley

It is pretty tough as far as the E121 Series of 120 goes. That set is pretty straight-forward with only a small handful of tough variations unlike the Series of 80 which is an absolute nightmare (as any that are trying to put it together have discovered!). The Whitted (Brooklyn) is def among the toughest, and MANY times tougher than the Pittsburgh variation which is common. That being said, I have seen a few showing up lately which is probably because the ones that have sold have done so at a level that may be bringing them out ($80-150 range).

The George Topocer (mispelled) is also from my experience fairly difficult (the correct "Toporcer" is the easier of the two). The Topocer/Toporcer is a fairly new variation discovered within only the last year or so. There are a few other cards that are also difficult but I can't give everything away!

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562
Old 09-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Rhett Yeakley

I just rescanned my two Toporcer/Topocer's for my website so I figured since I had mentioned them I'd show them here as well...

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562
Old 09-22-2011, 01:37 PM

Default Topiary delights

Thanks Rhett...I had forgotten about my Topos...and I was the one who brought the Torpocer/Topocer topic up a couple of years ago on the board. I would think it possible that the 'Topocer' variation rivals the Whitted Brooklyn in scarcity.

Brian
Old 09-25-2011, 10:40 AM

Default Whitted Brooklyn

I am the happy buyer of Ed's Whitted (Brooklyn) (Thanks Ed!) Before this purchase I had looked for this card for over a year with no success. The only other example I saw for sale on the web during that time was auctioned as part of a complete SGC graded set (Of course this wouldn't account for private sales). Also, my Google searches turned-up only one other past web sale of this variation--several years ago as part of a lot of three E121-120 commons (I think it was a Heritage auction). The PSA population report on this card is "1"--and that example was only recently submitted. So I would say the card is pretty tough.

I did not have to look nearly as hard to find a Topocer, although since that error was reported on Net54 offerings seem to have pretty much dried-up.

Just my personal anecdote.