NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-17-2017, 02:47 PM

Default E93 or E95?

I have been reading about the history of the caramel cards and am thinking about slowly collecting 93s or 95s or both of them.
I would appreciate some guidance as to which set is most popular, difficult to find, etc.
Generally, I am slow to act on purchases and could use a push.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:10 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

I don't think you could go wrong with either set and I think it really is a personal call. You didn't indicate what grade your looking for, but both can be put together without much difficulty relatively cheap. The E95 set has more portraits where as E93 is more action shot oriented. The E93 has more HOFers including Young, Joss, Brown, and Lajoie who are not in the E95.

DJ
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Old 01-17-2017, 04:52 PM

I'm sure that I will primarily collect in the 2-3 range with some exception...
Old 01-17-2017, 06:19 PM
Ed Woelfle

Default E93 or E95 in REA This Spring!

For what it's worth I have been collecting both sets for some time and completed the E93's, almost complete on the E95's - had only Wagner left. I say "had' as I just consigned them over to REA for their spring auction in April. The E95's are all mid-grade (4 to 7) and are absolutely fantastic looking ( .. every seller says that )

The E93's range from low to high - have a nice Matty and Cy Young in SGC60, Wagner, Cobb and all the other HOFs - - a few others in mid/higher grade all the way down to some commons in lower grade. I'm not sure how they will be parsed up in the auctions - singles vs. groups - but wanted to let you know they're great cards/great sets to collect and .. well - I'll have several up for your consideration in the REA Spring Auction!

All the best in your collecting!

Ed
Old 01-17-2017, 08:13 PM

Thanks for the replies. Ed I just saw your post in the BST from months ago with some of your E cards. I will check them out this spring.
Old 01-21-2017, 05:19 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Since both sets are relatively small you could try to do both, as you mentioned was an option
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleClark23 View Post
I have been reading about the history of the caramel cards and am thinking about slowly collecting 93s or 95s or both of them.
I would appreciate some guidance as to which set is most popular, difficult to find, etc.
Generally, I am slow to act on purchases and could use a push.
Old 01-21-2017, 05:36 PM
Don Hontz

I just purchased a E95 set at the White Plains show The Cobb was graded a 3---the rest were raw---I had SGC grade 10 cards--mostly 3-4 and 5's----I sent in the rest to SGC this week---lower grade , should be 2 and 3's---but a very nice set---25 cards so easy to complete---They are beautiful cards and wouldn't mind getting more---