NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Default Recent Hunt Auction results

Posted By: leon

I didn't really follow the most recent auction too much as I don't care for the live ones and there was nothing I couldn't live without or had to have. I checked the prices on the cards, a little while ago, and they seemed average to a little low. The Joseph Hall cabinet went for a little over 20k and that was about as I expected. Anyone pick any cards up or have thoughts on how they did? I guess it was a good memorabilia auction. regards

Old 03-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Adam Baxter

Leon, You passed on the Big Show Candy cards?

Old 03-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Adam Baxter

Did anyone on the board manage to pick up one of the 1945 Willie "Schoolboy" Rowe trade cards?

Old 03-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jodi Birkholm

(Sorry, not cards, but...)

I was outbid on the autographed material I had my eye on. There were a few surprising deals to be had this time around. In hindsight, I really should have thrown a bid on a Newark Bears piece signed by Gehrig, Walter Johnson and others. It went for under $2000--a remarkable steal, even if Joe McCarthy's sig touched part of the "L" in Lou. The Johnson and Gehrig could have been cleanly separated if desired, too (although that would mean ruining a beautiful piece of memorabilia).

Not being a card enthusiast, how did you folks find the hammer prices to be? I am curious if the trends I've been following with the autographs offered by Hunt match up with their card fare. The two categories do appear to mirror each other in this regard. What do you think?

Old 03-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Andy Baran

If the winner of Lot #963 is a Sullivan collector and would like to trade the Corbett, please let me know. I have some interesting Sullivan cards that I would consider in a trade. Thanks.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I did pass on the Schapira cards. I am mainly a type collector and only collect 3 sets....T209-1 (color ones), D303 master set and the 1916 Big Heads. If I see a Schapira below market price, or at what I feel is a good deal, then I will pick them up. All of the ones went for market price and, as I said before, I don't really care for phone bidding too much. I do love the little Schapira boxes quite a bit but none of those were being auctioned. The economy has me buying a bit less for my collection....

Old 03-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Phil Garry

I picked up two items: I was very happy with the price on the 1907-09 Novelty Cutlery P/C Eddie Collins SGC 20 & not quite as happy with the price on a 1941 KC Monarchs Broadside piece w/Willard Brown, Hilton Smith & Buck O'Neil.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Sean C

I wish Hunt would have an on-line option for their major auctions. There were a lot of items I would have loved to bid on (especially items from the Steele collection), but didn't want to go through the whole absentee or phone bid process.

Oh well, more $ for REA.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

I didn't bid on anything after their recent disclosure that they bid on the lots on behalf of their consignors.

My Trade/Sale Page

Old 03-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: James Gallo

I went late yesterday and sat for a bit waiting for the lot I wanted. It seemed like almost everything went for under the estimate and from the cards I saw they went cheap. A e90 MAtty SGC 30 went for $400 pre juice. Very reasonable.

There was maybe 30 ish people in the room and always a couple of phone bidders, but no energy in the room, more like a group of old guys just sitting around. The auction was a bit slow as well, but once the desk and the phone were done any floor bidder basically would have one a lot without any problems.

I won the polo ground set for a more reasonable price then others have sold for in the past and was happy (I am selling most of the set in the BST happy.gif

I almost bid on a few games used bats at the $200, I really wanted teh Gary Carter, but since I didn't look at it and it didn't have a mears LOA I let it go.

What is this about them bidding for the consingors? From how I read it in the catalog if something has a reserve they will bid up to that reserve just like it was a bid. There were a few items that had no bid and started at $50. I would only there for a few hours and this is what I saw while there.

The girls working the table and the guys showing stuff were great and both got me a number and cashed me out quickly.

James G

Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: brian

I think they require keeping a credit card on file for all bidders. Probably why I've never registered with them. More money for REA and the others that don't need my credit card info.