NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 06-30-2014, 09:49 AM
Brock

Default Once again

Bought a bat on eBay last night for a buy it now listed by the seller. And today they cancel the sale. Wonder who interfered with this sale.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:20 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
Bought a bat on eBay last night for a buy it now listed by the seller. And today they cancel the sale. Wonder who interfered with this sale.
Ebay is becoming a joke!! I will share this: I purchased on item off eBay last year that was probably worth $2,000 and I got it for $410 because of the way it was listed. When I was on the phone later in the year thinking of consigning it to an AH, I told the owner about this, they looked it up while I was on the phone with them, and stated "I wonder how we missed that".

Last edited by gnaz01; 06-30-2014 at 10:21 AM.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:41 AM
Matt

agreed- people need to stop interfering with others deals... sorry it happened Brock
Matt

Matt Bub13@aol.com
Always looking for 40k Kork Grip Bats, Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig and Joe Jackson Bats & Gloves
http://oldbaseballbats.webs.com/
Old 06-30-2014, 11:54 AM
N@te

I found out on mine who contacted the seller and I posted it in the original thread. The seller finally came out and told me who it was in exchange for taking off the negative feedback I left. It was Baseball999 on eBay.

A portion of my collection on GUA:

https://gameusedauthority.com/all-co...member_id=pUnl
Old 06-30-2014, 12:02 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
Perhaps another bat guy following you around? I would create another id for buying. It happenes to me too believe it or not on photos.

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 06-30-2014, 12:05 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
Perhaps another bat guy following you around? I would create another id for buying. It happenes to me too believe it or not on photos.
Bat stalkers?? Sounds like a reality TV show
Old 06-30-2014, 12:36 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post
Ebay is becoming a joke!! I will share this: I purchased on item off eBay last year that was probably worth $2,000 and I got it for $410 because of the way it was listed. When I was on the phone later in the year thinking of consigning it to an AH, I told the owner about this, they looked it up while I was on the phone with them, and stated "I wonder how we missed that".
The owner of the AH told you this? Like they would have kept tabs on it if they would have caught it?
Old 06-30-2014, 12:40 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
The owner of the AH told you this? Like they would have kept tabs on it if they would have caught it?
That is why I put it in quotes, that is exactly what I was told. It shocked me too.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:47 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post
That is why I put it in quotes, that is exactly what I was told. It shocked me too.
I took the way it was stated to mean that the AH personnel also actively buy items on eBay and somehow overlooked the item you won, or else they would have bid on it as well. Is that not what you meant?

Brock, sorry this happened to you as well. I'm starting to be grateful I don't chase gamers.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 06-30-2014 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:48 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
I took the way it was stated to mean that the AH personnel also actively buy items on eBay and somehow overlooked the item you won, or else they would have bid on it as well. Is that not what you meant?
Yes Lance, exactly. Sorry for the confusion
Old 06-30-2014, 01:29 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

I guess I'm just confused at the assumption that AH personnel don't or shouldn't also look for items on eBay to flip via the AH. I've always assumed that, when bidding on eBay, I'm competing with anyone with the time to dig through the listings, AH's included. There have even been a few times when I've sold something in an eBay auction to someone from an AH, and seen it go for multiples of what I got for it when sold through the AH. It stings, but it certainly happens, and I don't begrudge them that (though it does make me re-examine my chosen selling venue when that happens ). Maybe I would feel differently if I found myself butting up against the same guys over and over.

Now if it was someone from the AH implying that they would have talked the seller out of completing the deal with you had they noticed the item, that would be different. That's not okay no matter who you are.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:47 PM
Peter F

Yeah I agree that when im bidding on eBay I'm bidding against everybody, auction houses included. But i find it ironic that an AH would be either going against another AHs rules (eBay) and possibly offering the seller a better option. (not saying that's what they meant when commenting to Greg N!). Or they're buying the item themselves to sell, which i always thought was kind of a conflict of interests but i guess isn't really.

Seems ironic.

Sorry that happened to you Brock.

Last edited by WillowGrove; 06-30-2014 at 03:49 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 07-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Dan Brown

A little change in direction here, but is it ok to cancel ebay auctions if there is no action on the auction?
Old 07-01-2014, 08:55 AM
N@te

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebro041 View Post
A little change in direction here, but is it ok to cancel ebay auctions if there is no action on the auction?
You mean canceling a 7 day auction on the 5th day due to zero bids? Something like that?

A portion of my collection on GUA:

https://gameusedauthority.com/all-co...member_id=pUnl
Old 07-01-2014, 09:09 AM
Dan Brown

Yes Nate, but a 10 day after 5 days.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:49 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebro041 View Post
As far as eBay is concerned, it is not against the rules, but I wouldn't advise it.

In no way can you predict the bidding interest on a 10-day auction based on what the bids are on day 5. In this day and age of sniping programs and last-minute bidders, along with the way eBay boosts visibility of auction listings in search rankings in the last day, you can expect most of your bids to come in the last few hours (or minutes, or seconds) of a listing. On a 10-day listing, you can almost consider the first 9 days as a preview for bidders with most of the action coming on day 10. You might get the occasional "placeholder" bid from an interested party in the early days just to let you know there is interest so you don't do exactly what you're considering, but a lack of any early bids should not be taken to mean a lack of interest.

Have you looked to see how many "Watchers" your listing has? That still won't predict what the final bid price will be, but does give a better indication of interested snipers waiting in the bushes.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 07-01-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:02 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Might be a good idea to have a separate buying account, new buying account. Or change your ebay ID. I keep changing my id now that I found my 'stalker'. Imagine, he is a board member! Stay classy

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors