NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 10-20-2014, 06:56 PM
Dan Bretta

Default Local Autograph Auction....how bad/good are these?

The Tom Osborne I'm certain is real...the rest I'm not sure about...the Ted Williams ball looks horrid. I talked to the auctioneer about this auction and he said the consignor told him he got most of these autographs in person.

edited to add: Mari Sandoz and John Neihardt are also real. (common sigs found in my area)

http://www.photoshow.com/watch/Fu9hM3Kb

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 10-20-2014 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:45 PM
Belltown Vintage

I met coach Osborne before a Nebraska football game in Boulder, and he gave me and my friend tickets. We even hung out with the players in the locker room after the game, but it never occurred to me to ask him or anyone else for an autograph. One of the players gave me a pair of shoes and I wore them to play softball.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:55 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Stop the music. It would be easier to think.

Mantle, Williams from what I see.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:00 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
Stop the music. It would be easier to think.

Mantle, Williams from what I see.
Ditto.

Net54-1.jpg
Old 10-20-2014, 08:09 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
I met coach Osborne before a Nebraska football game in Boulder, and he gave me and my friend tickets. We even hung out with the players in the locker room after the game, but it never occurred to me to ask him or anyone else for an autograph. One of the players gave me a pair of shoes and I wore them to play softball.
Do you recall what year that was? Nebraska vs Colorado was a huge game for about two decades.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:17 PM
Belltown Vintage

Could not possibly forget - after the game we went to a bar and watched a baseball go between Bill Buckner's legs.

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2014, 06:35 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Could not possibly forget - after the game we went to a bar and watched a baseball go between Bill Buckner's legs.

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk
Heh...that was a terrible day for me. My Huskers lose at CU, and then game 6.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:08 AM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

Shelly as usual, dead on. Nice items

Last edited by Econteachert205; 10-21-2014 at 07:09 AM.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:38 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

".the Ted Williams ball looks horrid."

Its not and your welcome
Old 10-21-2014, 10:01 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Heh...that was a terrible day for me. My Huskers lose at CU, and then game 6.
My buddies were both life-long Husker fans, so they were quite sad. Surprisingly, the game was really never in doubt, but we still couldn't believe it - kept thinking Nebraska would find a way to win it. But the Buckner play was what ruined the day for me - I remember standing in that bar looking at the television, like it was yesterday. It was a very long drive back to Denver that night. I bet Barry also remembers where he was that night
Old 10-21-2014, 10:02 AM
Dan Bretta

Thanks! Although I've seen autographs with Morales certs go for waaaay too much around here at local auctions so I'm sure this stuff will bring more than it should anyway.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:01 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Default Autographs

FWIW, the golf auto's look good too.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:38 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
FWIW, the golf auto's look good too.
Thanks guys...I will attend the auction, try to get a few goodies and get home in time for the Husker game...hoping the game being in town and starting at 11AM will keep some auto collectors away.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:31 PM

Default Mike Tyson looks right

I've got a PSA ITP Everlast glove that pretty much looks the same. With that said, who couldn't duplicate that autograph?
Old 10-26-2014, 10:42 AM
Dan Bretta

This was originally supposed to be a Saturday only auction, but with the conflict of the Nebraska football game (yes, that is enough to alter everyone's schedule in Lincoln, NE) the auction was shortened to only 1 hour in which they only sold the 8 or so tables of unsigned baseball cards, posters, magazines, et cetera...I didn't even bid on the baseball cards, it was way too much new stuff...one of my buddy's did get two unopened 1986 Fleer baseball wax packs in one of the boxes he bought so I guess I should have at least looked a little closer. I was able to grab two Nebraska football posters that I've never seen before, and if I haven't seen it, it's rare.

The autograph side of the auction was to be held today. I showed up 10 minutes before the auction was to start and there were only three bidders including me...by auction time it had grown to about 7 or 8 bidders. They cancelled the sale, but I was able to work a deal with the owner for the Mantle and Williams balls, a Tyson glove (JSA cert) and a few other odds and ends. No word on when or if the sale will happen...it's a court ordered sale because of divorce. There were tons of single signed baseballs, but I don't know enough to have sat there and made a deal on it all. I'm sure most of you guys could have had a field day there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mw1.jpg (71.3 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg mw2.jpg (71.7 KB, 85 views)
Old 10-26-2014, 11:20 AM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Quote:
This was originally supposed to be a Saturday only auction, but with the conflict of the Nebraska football game (yes, that is enough to alter everyone's schedule in Lincoln, NE) the auction was shortened to only 1 hour in which they only sold the 8 or so tables of unsigned baseball cards, posters, magazines, et cetera...I didn't even bid on the baseball cards, it was way too much new stuff...one of my buddy's did get two unopened 1986 Fleer baseball wax packs in one of the boxes he bought so I guess I should have at least looked a little closer. I was able to grab two Nebraska football posters that I've never seen before, and if I haven't seen it, it's rare.

The autograph side of the auction was to be held today. I showed up 10 minutes before the auction was to start and there were only three bidders including me...by auction time it had grown to about 7 or 8 bidders. They cancelled the sale, but I was able to work a deal with the owner for the Mantle and Williams balls, a Tyson glove (JSA cert) and a few other odds and ends. No word on when or if the sale will happen...it's a court ordered sale because of divorce. There were tons of single signed baseballs, but I don't know enough to have sat there and made a deal on it all. I'm sure most of you guys could have had a field day there.
Dan,
If you don't mind, what did you wind up getting the Mantle and Williams for?
I'm just curious.
Mark

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 10-27-2014, 09:39 PM

Quote:
This was originally supposed to be a Saturday only auction, but with the conflict of the Nebraska football game (yes, that is enough to alter everyone's schedule in Lincoln, NE) the auction was shortened to only 1 hour...
Recently moved from Nebraska, I can testify to the truth of this statement