NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-18-2023, 07:00 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Default OT: You Cannot List SGC 3 or SGC 5.5 Cards on eBay Because Of Glitch

If you are an eBay Seller and have tried listing SGC Graded cards, you might run into an eBay glitch.
As you know, Condition, Professional Grader, & Grade are mandatory fields to be populated for Graded cards.
If you choose Sportscard Guaranty Corporation (SGC) as the grading company, the drop down appears with all the available grades. You will then notice that Grade 3 & 5.5 are missing. If you try and list a card that is graded SGC 3 or SGC 5.5, eBay will prevent you from listing. Since you must choose a grade to proceed and there is no available grade, you are out of luck.
I have reported the issue 2 times to eBay and once through eBay for Business. After spending 1 1/2 hours chatting with an eBay rep trying to explain the issue, he finally was convinced. He said that he would forward the issue to the IT department. He said that it could take awhile to fix.
I suggested to rep that he have the IT department check all the other Grading companies. I also said How does a company release a new software version without testing everything first.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg listingform-tradingcards-grades.jpg (23.2 KB, 367 views)

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard

Last edited by Buythatcard; 11-18-2023 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-18-2023, 07:40 AM
Dave

Sadly, this doesn’t surprise me in the least.
Old 11-18-2023, 08:42 AM
N.ate A.dams

Yep - have dealt with this recently too. Just waiting for the inevitable messages from a buyer that say “YoUr listiNg TiTlE sAYs THaT iT Is SgC 3, bUT AlSO sAYS In tHe dEsCrIptIon ThAT It IS SgC 3.5. WHiCh ONe iS iT AcTUaLLy???”

Also - their automated specifics are a joke. At the top of the new listing, you can click “Grader: PSA”, and “Grade” boxes - but it will not actually update it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2023, 09:02 AM
Tom Re.bert

Default Sgc 2.5

I recently posted a SGC 2.5 card on eBay --I'm going to list a SGC 3 T205 Cobb soon so I may have to wait?
Old 11-18-2023, 09:22 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

If you use a different grade than what your card is actually is, then you risk a buyer cancelling their transaction because item was not described correctly. Then, eBay will hold it against you and give you one of their demerits.
It's a Catch-22.
We just need to wait until they learn how to count to 10 and go fix the dropdowns.

The other day I was chatting with eBay trying to explain this simple scenario. He asked me 2 times for the item that had a problem so that he can look at it. I told him both times that eBay did not allow me to list the item because of the grade, so there was no item to look at. I gave him an item that was already listed and asked to try and revise it to a Grade 3. He finally saw the issue. After 1 hour and 15 minutes, he says to me that he needs to pass this issue onto his co worker who is familiar with this.
This next rep also asked me for the item that had a problem. I had to explain to him the scenario once again. After another 20 minutes of the same questions, I had enough. I told him that you have enough to work with, I need to go. He said that he would pass it on to the IT department but it might take awhile.
After 21 years of dealing with this crap, I am almost ready to say enough is enough.

Buythatcard

Old 11-18-2023, 10:20 AM
Dave

Well, I just did a test. Thought I might be able to do an end around with Inkfrog, my 3rd party lister I use for Ebay.

Inkfrog gives me an option to list SGC 3 and 5.5 in their system so I tried to list a 1954 Ernie Banks SGC 3.

Kicked back the following error when I tried to list:

Quote:
This item failed to launch with the following error:

Condition description field is not valid for category 261328. Condition description field ignored. The information of descriptor Grade (27502) does not match the information of descriptor Professional Grader (27501).

The information of descriptor Grade (27502) does not match the information of descriptor Professional Grader (27501).

Then I tried an SGC 4 card, and it listed that one successfully.

So apparently those grades don't exist in Ebay's system at all, even for 3rd Party listers that have the right attributes in their programs.

What an absolutely dumb problem for Ebay to have.

I've always despised that Ebay Item Specifics became mandatory. Just be thorough in your titles and descriptions, and that's what search engines are for.
Old 11-18-2023, 11:54 AM
Robert Williams

This makes absolutely zero sense. Do better Ebay.
Old 11-18-2023, 02:17 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

***Conspiracy Theory Alert***

Perhaps the big dog, PSA, has pulled some strings and 'forced' eBay to f*ck with their main competitor and keep a slew of SGC slabs off of the menu? Just saying.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 11-18-2023, 02:31 PM
James
James Kin.chen

When did this start? I listed a SGC 3 less than 2 weeks ago with no problems.
Old 11-18-2023, 02:44 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
When did this start? I listed a SGC 3 less than 2 weeks ago with no problems.
I first noticed the issue on Thursday morning 11/16. The last one graded a 3 that I listed was on 11/11 without an issue.

Buythatcard

Old 11-18-2023, 03:27 PM
Eric Perry

This is one of the more bizarre glitches I've seen. I can't imagine it will take long to fix.

Semi-related note:

I never speak with eBay these days. I always use the chat feature. This allows me to drag-and-drop screen shots, etc. A picture's worth a thousand words. A picture with a caption and a big red arrow pointing to the problem is worth at least twice that.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 11-18-2023, 03:32 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
This is one of the more bizarre glitches I've seen. I can't imagine it will take long to fix.

Semi-related note:

I never speak with eBay these days. I always use the chat feature. This allows me to drag-and-drop screen shots, etc. A picture's worth a thousand words. A picture with a caption and a big red arrow pointing to the problem is worth at least twice that.
For example:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg listingform-tradingcards-grades-edited.jpg (11.9 KB, 233 views)

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 11-18-2023, 03:32 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
If you use a different grade than what your card is actually is, then you risk a buyer cancelling their transaction because item was not described correctly. Then, eBay will hold it against you and give you one of their demerits.
It's a Catch-22.
We just need to wait until they learn how to count to 10 and go fix the dropdowns.

The other day I was chatting with eBay trying to explain this simple scenario. He asked me 2 times for the item that had a problem so that he can look at it. I told him both times that eBay did not allow me to list the item because of the grade, so there was no item to look at. I gave him an item that was already listed and asked to try and revise it to a Grade 3. He finally saw the issue. After 1 hour and 15 minutes, he says to me that he needs to pass this issue onto his co worker who is familiar with this.
This next rep also asked me for the item that had a problem. I had to explain to him the scenario once again. After another 20 minutes of the same questions, I had enough. I told him that you have enough to work with, I need to go. He said that he would pass it on to the IT department but it might take awhile.
After 21 years of dealing with this crap, I am almost ready to say enough is enough.
Use a lower grade from the dropdown and put a clear explanation in the listing. Who would complain?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 11-18-2023, 03:44 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Use a lower grade from the dropdown and put a clear explanation in the listing. Who would complain?
The problem with that is if the buyer searches for an SGC 3, my item will not be included in the search. I don't care too much about lower priced cards but I have a 58 Mantle SGC 3 that I am trying to list. I want to make sure that I get as many eyes on it as possible.
I shouldn't have to work around it. eBay needs to get it right. Hire people who know how to count.

Buythatcard

Old 11-18-2023, 04:44 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
The problem with that is if the buyer searches for an SGC 3, my item will not be included in the search. I don't care too much about lower priced cards but I have a 58 Mantle SGC 3 that I am trying to list. I want to make sure that I get as many eyes on it as possible.
I shouldn't have to work around it. eBay needs to get it right. Hire people who know how to count.
Yes goes without saying just suggesting until they fix it you could work around it. I could be wrong but how many people are going to search for that card ONLY in an SGC 3?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 11-18-2023, 04:53 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post

That's exactly what I just did.

I was able to use customized item specifics to list it as an SGC 3, but still had to list it as a 2.5 in the "required" section of the form.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/235304643078
Old 11-18-2023, 04:59 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
That's exactly what I just did.

I was able to use customized item specifics to list it as an SGC 3, but still had to list it as a 2.5 in the "required" section of the form.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/235304643078
Simply Shock
Or

Not

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 11-19-2023, 09:00 AM
Ed Hans

Quote:
I did that fifteen years ago.
Old 11-20-2023, 07:19 PM
Tom Re.bert

Default ebay fixed the grading glitch

eBay fixed the grading glitch
Old 11-21-2023, 04:44 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Glitch is fixed. Took 4 days, 3 emails,2 chats, 3 Forum posts.

But we can finally move on.

Buythatcard

Old 11-21-2023, 06:35 AM
Al Stein

From here on, all SGC 3's I sell on eBay will be in your honor.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-2023, 06:49 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorditadogg View Post
From here on, all SGC 3's I sell on eBay will be in your honor.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Buythatcard