NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-31-2002, 06:40 AM
Administrator

Default Fraudulent Ebay User ID Emails!! (Please Read)

Posted By: Eric Eichelkraut

Hello everyone,

I find it my civic duty to inform everyone on this board about a fraudulent email that I received yesterday. Here are the details:

Subject: NOTICE: Ebay Obligatory Verifying-Invalid User Information.

<We regret to inform you that your home phone number is not valid. To provide us your phone number, just click the link below and click on "Update my registration information":

http://cgi4.ebay.com (I have truncated this address)

We use your phone number for your identification only. Please complete this thing. If you will not provide us your valid phone number then we will regret to inform you that your Ebay account will be suspended due to the violation of our site policy below:

*Invalid User Information-Our records show that there are some discrepancies with the information that you registered with on our service. Due to this violation your account will be suspended indefinately from the site until valid information can be provided.

Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using Ebay in any way. This includes the registering of a new account.

Please note that this suspension does not relrieve you of your agreed-upon obligation to pay any fees you may owe to Ebay.

Regards,

Safeharbor Department
Ebay, Inc.

>>Before responding to this email, I emailed Ebay last night to assure myself the validity of the email. Due to the poor level of English written in the email, I found it to be very suspicious. This morning I recieved an email from Ebay stating that no such email was ever sent to me be them or any affiliate of their company. They also mentioned that they would fully investigate the matter.
If you receive this email, please contact Ebay with a complaint, so that the problem will compound itself in their interest. Thanks,

Eric Eichelkraut (goudeyhunter)

Old 10-31-2002, 06:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hi Eric
I received the same email twice over the weekend. Although the email looks legitimate, when you reach the verification link, you will notice that the address at top is not from Ebays server, but a free web hosting service. Everyone needs to remember that Ebay will never send an email asking for credit card and bank info! I bet alot of ebayers have been scamed with this email, make sure your not one of them. be well brian

Old 10-31-2002, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I received a similiar email, but it also went to a webhosting site. I did nothing butbring the window up, I'm too dumb to worry about hosting a web.

Lee

Old 10-31-2002, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob

Congrades Brian on the Red Hindu Hummel. Beautiful card that I missed. Me being from Brooklyn I would have loved that card. Maybe next time. Reguards Rob

Old 10-31-2002, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Posted By: brian parker

...is the sentence that states "Please complete this thing". Yo, man, scammers should get their stuff together and do some home schooling before sending out a thing of this sort.

Brian

Old 10-31-2002, 02:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hi Rob
I'm happy with the Red Hindu, but thought it might go unnoticed because they failed to include a picture of the back. There is also another up for auction which I thought might divert attention, but no such luck. It's tough to steal anything with the buyers on this board around. By the way the Red Hindu currently on Ebay is listed as EX, but since when do Ex cards have heavy creases on a corner. later brian

Old 10-31-2002, 05:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Pretty scary, though.

My first class mail doesn't cross the country anymore. Anyone else have this problem?

Old 10-31-2002, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob

Hi Brian it did not go unnoticed, I was keeping an eye on it for four days and then missed the end of the auction. Must be getting old, the mind is slipping. But I usally catch just about everything, not much gets by me, sometimes I just do not have the funds for the item but still watch and see how the item goes off. But you are right on that other card. It is a nice card beautiful color on both the back and front but with that crease which is not even a hairline crease it should be graded at good. Reguards Robert

Old 10-31-2002, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: crazysc

When you reply to the e-mail, it brings you to a FAKE ebay Login page, where you enter your userID and password. This is the info they're stealing...