NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-01-2009, 08:44 AM
Mark

Default Heritage Auctions:Ambush Marketing? - April 15th thread - where is it?

Why is this thread deleted from the new forum?
Old 05-01-2009, 08:58 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Mark

....it just wasn't moved over. No conspiracy no ulterior motive....I had nothing to do with it....actually, now that you bring it up maybe it won't be brought over....just to keep you happy.....have a good day

Last edited by Leon; 05-01-2009 at 08:58 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-01-2009, 08:59 AM
Matt Wieder

leon beat me to it.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:02 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default just fed up

I am just so fed up with having my/our ethics questioned it makes me sick. There is NO ONE being protected....I don't lie......we have a very open forum and always have....but if people want to keep the conspiracy theories going I guess we can live with that too....
Old 05-01-2009, 09:10 AM
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I am just so fed up with having my/our ethics questioned it makes me sick. There is NO ONE being protected....I don't lie......we have a very open forum and always have....but if people want to keep the conspiracy theories going I guess we can live with that too....
_____

>> "There is NO ONE being protected..."

Based on what I have seen on the board, that is what I thought, that's why I was surprised not to see the thread. Otherwise, I had no intention to bump it or comment on it further.

OK Leon - in the future if I see something that doesn't seem quite right, I'll email you offline first.

Feel free to delete this thread is you want

Last edited by bmarlowe1; 05-01-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Mark

I won't delete this thread. It's ok. I understand that I live under a microscope and I am ok with that. Yes, an email to me or Matt would have told you that Mike just didn't scrape some threads to transfer. I had absolutely positively nothing at all to do with it nor did I tell him to do, or not do, anything at all. I am just appreciative of all the work that the guys have done. I think the Aaron a-hole is what set me off, still from yesterday. I don't like being called a liar especially when the situation was one of complete honesty. And as I said in the other thread if that Aaron a-hole wants to contact Rob L he will confirm that several days ago I asked him, a few times, who he was, as I didn't know......And the ONLY reason he was banned for a few minutes was so I could find out his last name. I even told him in an email that the ONLY reason he was banned is that I didn't know who he was and he was unbanned immediately upon his email to me, with his last name. Folks should be able to question anything at all on the board....but to call me a liar they better have their ducks in a row...which Aaron a-hole didn't....
Old 05-01-2009, 09:31 AM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Hey Leon,

Which other threads did not make it over?

Greg
Old 05-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by botn View Post
Hey Leon,

Which other threads did not make it over?

Greg
Greg - I'm pretty sure anything controversial about Mastro also didn't make it over.

Once Mike can identify what the issue was, we'll have a better idea of if this was an isolated glitch, or if some other stuff was lost.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:36 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Greg

I honestly have no idea....that would be a question for Mike M....I hope none were left out.....I think he can still move them over and our intention was/is to move 100% over......For me though....I could care less...so if someone wants to find them I can ask Mike and see if he can get them over.....again, I really don't care nor do I want to take the time to go looking for them.....I truly thought they were all moved over....It doesn't matter to me...
Old 05-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Matt Wieder

I spoke briefly with Mike who is away from his computer until tomorrow night but will investigate either then or Sunday.

In preparation for switching forums, Mike moved over all the archives for each forum, up until the most recent page or two of posts. Then when it was time to move, he quickly moved over the most recent pages. based on the timing of the threads in that post, what Mike thinks happened is that it was on the first two pages when he did the initial backup and then got pushed lower so it didn't make it over when the first two pages did. He can manually fix it.

Last edited by Matt; 05-01-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Jeff

No worries, I am "single bullet" guy.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Mi.ke Masi.nick

It's been moved now. Sorry guys... don't really know why it wasn't moved the first time. If you happen to see any other threads that haven't been correctly moved please let me know. Hopefully this was just an isolated incident.