NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-27-2006, 06:59 AM
Administrator

Default B/S/T Comment

Posted By: Chuck

Anybody else get frustrated when a BST posting has been edited in such away that you can't see what happened?

It would be helpful to be able to use it as a reference which is impossible when some of the cards listed are deleted or marked SOLD over the top of the price that was asked.

Deleting the entire post isn't much better....... just gets me wondering.

Just my thoughts; surely others will feel differently.

Old 08-27-2006, 07:05 AM
Administrator

Default B/S/T Comment

Posted By: leon

I generally will leave a sold item up for 2-3 days after it's sold... If someone marks it "sold" or "delete" and edits all of the other info out then I delete it. I don't care one way or the other. I do consciously leave them for a few days though. However if you see one that got deleted, and it's only just been sold, then most likely all it had in the thread was edited to "sold" or "delete"....which there is no use leaving up.

Old 08-27-2006, 07:13 AM
Administrator

Default B/S/T Comment

Posted By: Joe D.

but I would prefer threads deleted after items are sold.

would make it a lot easier (less time consuming) to shop.

and I wouldn't kick myself for missing stuff so often

Old 08-27-2006, 07:25 AM
Administrator

Default B/S/T Comment

Posted By: Steve M.

It is frustrating to me as well but maybe there is some rationale to it.

There was a recent post on the B/S/T that was jumped on by no fewer than three members (probably many more by emails) that offered an item for what many of us perceived to be under-priced. One poster went so far as to say so. That seller left his/her original offering, with price, on the board and I surmise may have experienced some embarassment by the subsequent comment.

While we're at it, and I'm sure this has been discussed before, there is another issue I have with the B/S/T that many others may be experiencing as well and that relates to communications. It is very annoying to provide a scan of an offered item and never get any response. A simple "thanks for the scan, but I'll pass" would be nice.

Old 08-27-2006, 08:08 AM
Administrator

Default B/S/T Comment

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

Please do not construe that a card listed at $235 which is marked "SOLD" necessarilly sold for $235.

Old 08-27-2006, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Default B/S/T Comment

Posted By: joe

It would be nice to see the actually selling price on the B/S/T board.

Joe

Old 08-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Default B/S/T Comment

Posted By: Frank Evanov

Yes, I would find it helpful to know which cards sold for what price as a guide to future purchases.

Frank

Old 08-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Default B/S/T Comment

Posted By: andy becker

i'm not sure what the reasoning behind the seller deleting a sold item is. if the buyer asks you to delete the item to maintain a level of privacy, that's one thing. but, i've never had that happen....buyers who wish to remain private usually just email vs. posting on the bst forum.

i'd like to hear from some of the bst sellers who do this.
does anyone other than bigfish (hi toby) do this?

it's not a big deal, but it is nice to see what's selling and for what asking price....with the understanding that the seller may have discounted off their selling price.

Old 08-27-2006, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Default B/S/T Comment

Posted By: bigfish

People have asked me in the past to delete what I have sold. I have no problem keeping it up there. I thought I was helping out Leon by putting the sold spot there so he could delete the post. I will keep it there from now on. No problem with that.

Joe's point above is a reason to delete things.

Old 08-27-2006, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Default B/S/T Comment

Posted By: andy becker

toby,
you sell some pretty cool stuff....stuff that doesn't surface all the time. and you are super quick, so a lot of the time i just see a "sold" post and wonder "hmmmm...what did i miss?"
perhaps, if you left it up for a little while....maybe a day....and then deleted. i don't know.

but it's a personal choice...and i respect your and other's methods.

best regards
andy

Old 08-27-2006, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Default B/S/T Comment

Posted By: bigfish

I am alittle too quick to delete but do not want board to get bogged down with Bigfish posts. I will leave the posts unless the buyer requests that it be deleted.

Andy,
thanks for the feedback.

Old 08-27-2006, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Default B/S/T Comment

Posted By: Chuck

Seems like adding SOLD to the title would keep people who are only interested in buying from going to it. Eventually those threads would drop off the front page. Is there any other reason to delete the entire thread (as opposed to just deleting the contents)?

Old 08-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Default B/S/T Comment

Posted By: leon

Nope...no reason. Like I say I don't care...However I have been asked before to delete old "sold" threads as they bogged down the new ones...I really don't care what we do....less is better for me......I won't delete any if that's what most folks want.....we'll see...

Old 08-27-2006, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Default B/S/T Comment

Posted By: quan

once an item is sold i don't mind if the post is edited or deleted, whatever. i would like to see what i potentially missed but in the end it's up to the seller and buyer's discretion. it's just plain annoying when a SOLD thread gets bumped because people piggy-backing on the good deal hoping for the 3 people ahead of them dropping out. this could lead to some meddling of deals (ala ebay) so i don't mind the buyer wanting to delete/edit the thread right there.

4 years ago you almost know everybody by their first name or face on this forum, now you gotta be a little careful because you don't know who's watching or reading.