NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Brian J0hns0n

Default Does this warrant a negative FB?

So I win a couple T206's on ebay and they arrived today, but not how I expected. Imagine my surprise to see a flimsy Flat Rate Envelope "rolled" up in my mailbox; and it also had been bent and folded a couple times before that. So I was expecting the worst only to find the paper envelope inside (containing the cards) had slid to the one corner of the Flat Rate Envelope that was somewhat still intact. Miraculously, the cards were undamaged. Should I leave neg. feedback or just let it go because in the end I got the cards as described. I have left a message with the seller that it could have been a problem. Geez, all it would take is to add a couple pieces of cardboard to stiffen the package, or just use a Flat Rate Box for the same cost.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:23 PM

For me, a negative feedback is reserved for a seller who ripped you off or won't accept a return for a reasonable issue with an item. I would have left a negative if the cards were damaged. But would not if they weren't.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:29 PM
qu@n nguy3n

the neutral/neg is for the careless act, regardless of the outcome (in this case the seller got lucky).

anyways we need an "ebay wwn54d" subforum.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Pete Sycks

I had a similar situation happen about 2 years ago. I bought a '69 Topps Mantle white letter and he seriously just threw it in a flimsy plastic case and put it in a regular white mailing envelope. Luckily it wasn't damaged, but I was pissed. I debated leaving a negative feedback, but I thought better of it.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Jeff

You suffered no harm, no neg FB is due.
Seller got lucky and so did you.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 12-02-2011, 02:38 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

I'd leave positive feedback but ding him on Shipping DSR.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default for me

I would leave positive and all 5 stars but in the comment put that the shipping/materials were very poor....that's just me though
Old 12-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Mac Wubben

I mail cards in card savers and plain envelopes all the time. Of course, they aren't top condition to begin with...but I think it's a perfectly fine way to ship. I probably wouldn't do it on a big sale, but I don't think I've ever had a card that was damaged that way either.

Mac
Old 12-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Ken McMillan

Positive feedback but shipping should be low marks? Agree with Leon

Last edited by kmac32; 12-02-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Brian J0hns0n

Yeah, That's kind of what I was thinking too. Positive it will be, but with a comment about the poor packaging. Thanks guys!
Old 12-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Chris Browne
Administrator

Positive feedback but would mention the packaging situation plus send them a note on how it arrived and how they may be able to ship cards more securely (cardboard sandwich, bubble envelope, box etc).
Old 12-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Wait to see how the seller responds and proceed accordingly....Just my 2¢.

Jeff
Old 12-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Harrison

Isn't this the reason that they have neutral feedback though?
Old 12-02-2011, 05:17 PM
D.B. Cooper

Exact same thing happened to me today. These 3 cards arrived in penny sleeves that had been dropped into a small white envelope and stuffed into a flimsy flat rate mailer which was subsequently folded in half so that it could be jammed into my mailbox. No apparent damage to the cards (they were only G to VG to start with), but this seller knows that condition is important to potential buyers, as she described them as crease-free. You'd think she'd take the seemingly obvious step to secure the cards in some way, so that they'd arrive in the same condition in which they were purchased. Edited to add: I'm not gonna neg her, but I will send a note recommending proper packaging, ie put the damn cards between two pieces of firm cardboard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T212.jpg (49.6 KB, 159 views)

http://imageevent.com/boboinnes/obaks

Last edited by Anthony S.; 12-02-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:26 PM

When first started on Ebay in 2003, I won a few cards and got stuck with a huge mailing bill that was deceitful. I gave him neutral and he promptly gave me negative. His comment to me was "YOU KNOW HOW THIS WORKS".

In this case, would leave positive and mention about the shipping. Positive especially, in that cards are ok. Unless harm, should be no unwarranted foul.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Ken McMillan

Sometimes even if you do package correctly, there can be issues. Recently I sent a SGC graded card to a fellow board member in cardboard and padded envelope. Slab was cracked when it arrived. Card was okay and will need to be reslabbed by SGC but would have preferred USPS used some care in handling. Fortunately the trading partner was understanding and kept the card. Lesson should be print hand stamp and fragile all over the padded envelope so the postal gorillas don't destroy it. Other option is to pay the bribe (insurance) and file a claim when they don't do their job correctly.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:24 AM
Robert Klevens

I bought a quantity of 6X6X1 white tuck flap boxes. I ship all cards in these boxes either by First Class mail or put them in a Priority envelope. Never had a card damaged. Well worth the investment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg box.jpg (31.7 KB, 113 views)
Old 12-03-2011, 12:59 AM
Curt

DEFINITELY Leave negative feedback. A careless or thoughtless seller is playing russian roulette with the buyers cards and eventually one will be in the camber!

Other buyers should have a chance to see what risks they will take with this seller OR the seller will get a clue and start paying attention to the details.

I am tired of lazy, cheap or just plain clueless sellers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunst View Post
Should I leave neg. feedback or just let it go because in the end I got the cards as described.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:38 AM
Brian J0hns0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony S. View Post
Exact same thing happened to me today. These 3 cards arrived in penny sleeves that had been dropped into a small white envelope and stuffed into a flimsy flat rate mailer which was subsequently folded in half so that it could be jammed into my mailbox. No apparent damage to the cards (they were only G to VG to start with), but this seller knows that condition is important to potential buyers, as she described them as crease-free. You'd think she'd take the seemingly obvious step to secure the cards in some way, so that they'd arrive in the same condition in which they were purchased. Edited to add: I'm not gonna neg her, but I will send a note recommending proper packaging, ie put the damn cards between two pieces of firm cardboard.
I'm quite sure we are talking about the same seller here!
Old 12-03-2011, 05:32 AM
Steven

So whos the seller?
Old 12-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Pete Sycks

I ship all items in a bubble wrap envelope and put that inside a small flat rate box from USPS. They are prefect for putting cards in and are totally free. They even ship them to you for free in packs of 20. It's assures that no major problems will happen to the card and costs around $5 to ship.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I would leave positive and all 5 stars but in the comment put that the shipping/materials were very poor....that's just me though

+1
Old 12-03-2011, 08:09 PM

I just received a decal in a regular envelope with very little protection and emailed the seller this message:

"Hello - I received the item. I just wanted to let you know the decal separated from the backing when I received it. I'm not that particular, so I'm not going to return it because it's so little in cost/value and not worth the trouble. Be careful next time, thought because you might come across a difficult buyer that would want to return it, complain to eBay & give you a negative feedback, etc,.. Thank you. Have a Great Holiday season !!!"

Depending on HOW the seller responds will determine HOW GOOD/BAD my feedback to the seller will be.

Last edited by Jewish-collector; 12-03-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Lee B.
lee be.hrens

In this situation I would do what Leon suggested, enough of those low star rates and you get nasty grams from ebay.

But, I have never understood the fear of leaving negative feedback when the situation warrants it. By not doing it in situations that warrant it, it just gives the seller confidence he can continue doing their wrongs.

I don't think many of you would be happy to find out after you have been wronged that others had the same thing happen but never bothered to leave a negative. The system is in place to help the buyers but too many fear it that it really does not help.

Lee

Last edited by Sterling Sports Auctions; 12-03-2011 at 09:49 PM.