NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-19-2012, 08:29 PM

Default Heritage Auctions Customer Service

When I post I usually get a bunch of hits because 95% of the time I am trashing someone for screwing up!

Well, I am very sorry to disappoint you all with this thread but I must sound off as usual but in a positive way.

I bought 1971 Colts Football from Heritage in 2010. I liked the ball and kept it for 2 years.

I recently consigned it to my good friend Bill Huggins.

Well, they tried to cert it for me and the Unitas came back as a club house instead of legit like it was advertised when I bought it from Heritage.

Both the original auction cert and the new one was JSA. Jimmy Spense.

So I contact Heritage with my issue demanding that I make triple my investment! J/K That ain't me.

I offered just a return and refund of what I bought because I had the pleasure of having this ball in my collection for 2 1/2 years.

well.....

WOW! Heritage didn't even blink an eye!

Return it for a full refund Dan!

I was like "WHAT" ?????

Am I reading this correctly?????

Man if Joe Orlando had this customer service attitude back in 2004 I wouldn't hate him and PSA!!!!

Well, I am writing this because I wanted to say something nice for a change and I am very happy to be a Heritage customer!!!!

THANK YOU HERITAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. The ball was less than $400 but it isn't the money, it is the principle!
Old 09-19-2012, 08:32 PM
Jeff

Dan,
Are you running a fever?

Kudos to Heritage but none to Spence.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 09-19-2012, 08:35 PM

I don't think so...

Wife has me in a tub of cold water with ice but I don't think it has to do with a fever

It was our 18th anniversary yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmckee View Post
I don't think so...

Wife has me in a tub of cold water with ice but I don't think it has to do with a fever

It was our 18th anniversary yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Anniversary!

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

Old 09-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Steven

As negative as it sounds, all I can be is honest. Heritage customer service has been horrible to me...worst out of all auction houses and that includes Chris Ivy. I have bouth from REA, Legendary, Huggins and Scott, etc, etc. Never again, but I am happy that you had a positive experience as mine was one of the worse ever in the hobby. Thanks, I guess, that they sponsor N54 like they do, but I will never bid with them again. In the end they lost a 5-figure customer over $37 b/c of "principle" as Chris said. Good luck.

S Suckow
Old 09-19-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
Happy Anniversary!
Thanks my friend!

Poor girl!
Old 09-19-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier2004 View Post
As negative as it sounds, all I can be is honest. Heritage customer service has been horrible to me...worst out of all auction houses and that includes Chris Ivy. I have bouth from REA, Legendary, Huggins and Scott, etc, etc. Never again, but I am happy that you had a positive experience as mine was one of the worse ever in the hobby. Thanks, I guess, that they sponsor N54 like they do, but I will never bid with them again. In the end they lost a 5-figure customer over $37 b/c of "principle" as Chris said. Good luck.

S Suckow
Steve, I am very sorry to hear this.
Thanks for posting
dan
Old 09-20-2012, 01:42 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier2004 View Post

S Suckow
Steve, Is this yet another reference to the Cracker Jack fiasco that almost no one agreed with you on? Seriously, if you can't get anyone to agree with you on something, you really ought to drop it. Several people even offered to buy that card from you for what you paid for it, yet you declined. Doesn't that tell you anything?
Old 09-20-2012, 06:31 AM
Tom Boblitt

I've always had positive experiences with Heritage. Sometimes it takes a while to receive stuff but in some cases they've shipped before I paid. Kind of weird. Anyway, they're very professional and have great packing/shipping and offer nice items. I won't pile on for the website as it has it's issues but they are clearly a top notch operation.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:40 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Of course I like Heritage as I know a lot of the guys in the sports division and they help sponsor the dinner and advertise. However, If I didn't think they did a great job I wouldn't say anything. I think they bend over backwards to help folks. Of course, just like any very large company, they will have customers with situations where there is no way to make the customer happy. Kind of like moderating this board. You can't make everyone happy so you just do the best you can. I think Chris and team do a fantastic job.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:46 AM
Peter Spaeth

The autograph part of this story concerns me. Is it symptomatic of a broader problem with autograph authentication, or is it just a relatively isolated occurrence?
Old 09-20-2012, 08:37 AM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
The autograph part of this story concerns me. Is it symptomatic of a broader problem with autograph authentication, or is it just a relatively isolated occurrence?
Peter,
You could have a whole Sub-Forum dedicated to that subject.
Oh, wait ...............