NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 07:06 PM
Craig M

Joey...

Do you consider yourself to be a rather smart person?

If your answer is "YES" then you will accept the advice I am about to give you and never look back.

Son, take a breather and step away. Do not respond to this thread any longer. Nobody expects you to. It will be good for your psyche and well being. Finish up all transactions that you have open. Do not list anymore. Completely take a break from cards. Don't even turn on your computer.

You will notice that the first few days of being away is the most difficult but spending time jogging, going to the gym or taking a nature walk will give you new energy.

When you return down the road, be honest and genuine in all of your dealings and you will begin to acquire new friends.

Good luck ....and please do not respond.

Craig
Old 05-25-2013, 07:18 PM
m!ke kn@z@v!c

If Joey had a card that Adrian wanted, and they came to an agreement to transact this card, would it be the first documented case of buyer's and seller's remorse?
Old 05-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Ethan Bou.sk.i.la

Michael -- good find. Thanks for the info.

I feel bad for all those who took time out of their day to deal with this seller and his shenanigans. I'm quite sure if we keep searching, it would not surprise me if we found this card also sold on craigslist, amazon, the local walmart, the gift shop at radisson valley forge, and the nairobi stock exchange (symbol: Whodoesthiscrap?) I dont understand who has the time to keep selling a card, receiving funds, backing out, refunding the money, relisting, and doing the whole process over and over again.

Joey-- If you apologize, i accept your apology and i hope all works out with Kirk and this gets resolved asap. However, my BS meter is working really well today... and as such myself and many others want to rid ourselves of this crap and move on so we can "talk shop" and post scans of cards we purchased and actually received on ebay. I wish you well in the future and hope you move on to bigger, better, and more honorable things.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig M View Post
Joey...

If your answer is "YES" then you will accept the advice I am about to give you and never look back.

Son, take a breather and step away. Do not respond to this thread any longer. Nobody expects you to. It will be good for your psyche and well being. Finish up all transactions that you have open. Do not list anymore. Completely take a break from cards. Don't even turn on your computer.

You will notice that the first few days of being away is the most difficult but spending time jogging, going to the gym or taking a nature walk will give you new energy.

When you return down the road, be honest and genuine in all of your dealings and you will begin to acquire new friends.

Craig

wise advice, sir. i suggest you follow it joey.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:14 PM
Jim R

Jay oldjudge

I believe it is Kirk that goes by Taxman
Old 05-25-2013, 10:36 PM
Da.n Pin.gree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig M View Post
Joey...

Craig
I just had a Stuart smalley flashback
Old 05-25-2013, 11:06 PM
Steven Finley

After 15 pages I am completely baffled at what the point of this thread is. Joey, I have heard your name dragged through the mud by several members on several boards. I have never dealt with you, but because of what I have heard (true or false) I would have reservations with dealing with you. You initiated this thread to address the allegations of a single member and as several more came forward with their bad experiences you admitted them as mistakes. This is a thread that won't go poof, so what is the point of disregarding them as past transgressions while still wanting to clear your name from a single person's statements? This seems like a case of giving someone just enough rope. Out of curiosity is this you?

http://forums.collectors.com/message...&keyword1=Cobb
Old 05-25-2013, 11:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfinley View Post
After 15 pages I am completely baffled at what the point of this thread is. Joey, I have heard your name dragged through the mud by several members on several boards. I have never dealt with you, but because of what I have heard (true or false) I would have reservations with dealing with you. You initiated this thread to address the allegations of a single member and as several more came forward with their bad experiences you admitted them as mistakes. This is a thread that won't go poof, so what is the point of disregarding them as past transgressions while still wanting to clear your name from a single person's statements? This seems like a case of giving someone just enough rope. Out of curiosity is this you?

http://forums.collectors.com/message...&keyword1=Cobb
sb- Im not even going to comment on this because what's done is done. Nobody got scammed or ripped off. Everyone has their money and at the end of the day its between me and them. If they have a issue then we can talk, but in all due respect its nobodys business, but me and the people Ive had any issue with. If it hasn't personally affected you then frankly it shouldnt matter unless you were doing business with me.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:30 PM
Larry Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyF1981 View Post
sb- Im not even going to comment on this because what's done is done. Nobody got scammed or ripped off. Everyone has their money and at the end of the day its between me and them. If they have a issue then we can talk, but in all due respect its nobodys business, but me and the people Ive had any issue with. If it hasn't personally affected you then frankly it shouldnt matter unless you were doing business with me.
so wait, when it involves you its a private matter, but when you feel the need to call somone else (this mysterious Kirk) out its open season for public threads?

L@wrence Y0ung
Old 05-25-2013, 11:53 PM
Steven Finley

Quote:
Thanks for putting this thread into perspective.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:13 PM
Banned

I respect what most of you have said and I have no problem "going away". I f*cked up and I admitted my mistakes. I was honest with what I did and when you mess up you accept the consequences good or bad. I manned up and apologized to the people I did wrong. I received a text from kirk about an hour ago taunting me again so I know he has read this thread. Which only proves my point about his lies about me. If any of you were publicly accused of committing illegal activities and had someone follow your every move Im sure any of you would ask for proof and be upset like I am. Im not feeling sorry for myself in any way. Being told to go away doesnt affect me one bit. What did affect me was the fact that a idiot named kirk keith publicly tried to accuse me of criminal behavior including burglary of a seattle card shop. I dont care who you are if someone accused you of such BS youd be beyond upset. All I asked for was a fair chance to prove the accusations were false, thats it. Not ask for forgiveness from anyone except the ones I did wrong. Only thing to do now is move on and do right.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:24 PM

Then prove the accusations false instead of just saying he needs to prove it. Provide us with the proof, provide us with everything that shows how 'innocent' you are.

Your name hasn't been dragged through the mud by one person, your name has been dragged through the mud on 8 different forums, as 8 different people, and with 8 different e-mails and e-bays.

The world isn't out to get you, your actions caused people to be out to get you.

S34N B4551K

Last edited by Sean1125; 05-25-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
Then prove the accusations false instead of just saying he needs to prove it. Provide us with the proof, provide us with everything that shows how 'innocent' you are.

Your name hasn't been dragged through the mud by one person, your name has been dragged through the mud on 8 different forums, as 8 different people, and with 8 different e-mails and e-bays.

The world isn't out to get you, your actions caused people to be out to get you.

S34N B4551K
sean- I already have showed proof on two of the accusations. This is Kirk's accusation so Im asking him to back up what HE said. Not the other way around. Nobody has accused me of the things he's accused me of. Ive already admitted to my past, now its time for him to stop being a coward and man up.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
sean- I already have showed proof on two of the accusations. This is Kirk's accusation so Im asking him to back up what HE said. Not the other way around. Nobody has accused me of the things he's accused me of. Ive already admitted to my past, now its time for him to stop being a coward and man up.
No, sorry Joey, this isn't Kirk's accusation. This is many people, over many forums, over many websites accusations. Kirk just happens to be at the forefront.

The burden is on you to prove otherwise and I'd hope others would agree with me.

S34N B4551K
Old 05-25-2013, 11:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
No, sorry Joey, this isn't Kirk's accusation. This is many people, over many forums, over many websites accusations. Kirk just happens to be at the forefront.

The burden is on you to prove otherwise and I'd hope others would agree with me.

S34N B4551K
sean- No this is kirk's accusations. The specific things he accused me of started from him. you obviously dont know the situation between me and him so unless you do dont make assumptions
Old 05-25-2013, 11:32 PM
Rob

Joey,

From what I remember you are McKee's friend. Any friend of McKee's is a friend of mine. Good Luck collecting. Chris has an awesome Konetchy on bst for 1100 BIN.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:26 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

Would love to see the text...not sure I believe that...

you cannot keep saying it is nobody's business after YOU posted on this board and made it EVERYBODY'S business...if you wanted to keep private...then DO IT! You have his phone number if he texted you...call him up and talk to him, take him to court, just leave us out of it. I would have never known your name or lack of reputation had you not come on here.

You must be so damn dizzy since the world is revolving around you...

BTW, I would gladly pay Kirk $5 to come on the board and apologize just so you would go away...unfortunately, you are not a man of your word, so I doubt you would go away even if Kirk did apologize.

Joshua

Last edited by Wite3; 05-25-2013 at 11:29 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wite3 View Post
Would love to see the text...not sure I believe that...

BTW, I would gladly pay Kirk $5 to come on the board and apologize just so you would go away...unfortunately, you are not a man of your word, so I doubt you would go away even if Kirk did apologize.

Joshua

Wite- I could care less what you believe to tell you the truth. I dont know you and have never dealt with you. This is between me and him..
Old 05-25-2013, 11:30 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

see above...you made it between all of us when you posted on a public forum...would you like the definition of public?
Old 05-25-2013, 11:31 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

And just so you know...Sean is absolutely correct...if you took him to court the burden would be yours to prove what he said was not true...not the other way around.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wite3 View Post
see above...you made it between all of us when you posted on a public forum...would you like the definition of public?
no wite you made it about you when you commented. Did I ask for anyones comments? I specifically called out kirk keith..THATS IT. You decided to comment so YOU involved yourself. Nobody forced you to comment. Youre not kirk and I never did anything to you so dont sit here and act like its affecting you

Last edited by JoeyF1981; 05-25-2013 at 11:38 PM. Reason: added more information
Closed Thread