NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-12-2012, 10:13 PM

Default Did anyone here buy this card off-line on ebay?

Just wondering. The E90-1 Stahl on ebay was in beautiful condition, the best condition I have ever seen this card in and I was crushed that the card was pulled from the auction after 6 days and is "no longer available." I think the bidder concern was because it might have been too good to be true, the seller doesn't sell many vintage cards and that it was a reproduction but I have never seen a reproduction Stahl before and if it is a counterfeit, it was a great job.
I think the seller left a ton of money on the table because I had a huge snipe bid ready.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll...m=200710692587
I wonder if anyone here will 'fess up and admit he bought it and ended the auction early.....
Old 02-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Ⓑⓘⓛⓛ Ⓒⓞⓡⓝⓔⓛⓛ

Bob -

Not me. That bottom border looks tampered with and I'd bet the card is destined for an "Authentic" grade. I never liked it when buyers coerced a seller into ending an auction early... I think the culprit is going to regret their optimism.

Bill
Old 02-12-2012, 11:44 PM
Robert A

Was watching it too. Nice card, but don't like the bottom border either.

I'm sure we'll see it sit in someone's ebay store for a few years.

Rob
Old 02-13-2012, 04:36 AM
Barry Sloate

Original E90-1's have huge borders, this one doesn't. Almost certainly trimmed.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:04 AM

I was watching that one to see what the final price would be. Trimmed or not, still an amazing example of that card. I'm surprised the seller used all of the possible keywords except for the ACC designations.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:22 AM
Dave
Da.ve Kra.bal

I also thought this was trimmed, but was watching it to see how high the final bid would be
Old 02-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Scott

Default stahl

since stahl's are never seen diamond cut like other e90-1, i would say this card is trimmed at the least...

as the worst its a fake, which i believe it is...the sheen on the red is all wrong
Old 02-13-2012, 02:14 PM
qu@n nguy3n

card looks real but certainly trimmed. i wouldn't lose any sleep over it tbob.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:05 PM

Hey tbob,

It wasn't me.. But I wish it was! Although it was probably trimmed, the Bottom Definitely, very wavy... These type's fit right into my set collector's appeal for putting this one together. I just love the solid cards that are mint looking... even if they are trimmed, etc...! Got a few beauties from Shammus a little ways back.

Okay, I'm wit ya, Fess uP whose Git it!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Michael S

I was watching. Was probably not going to bid but thought it was real and was thinking that it has a trim job on the bottom. Great card despite that. I sent the buyer a note when I saw the auction had ended and here is the reply:

"I apologize. The owner wanted to send it off to get graded. You'll most likely see it on again soon."

Take that for what its worth. Maybe we will see it down the road.

Last edited by sox1903wschamp; 02-13-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:21 AM

So many have chimed in on the bottom border that there's probably a good chance it will come back "authentic" and will sell for less than if it had sold as a raw card.
I have always had a problem with the E90-1 set. I put one together card by card and bought six cards from one seller on ebay. All 6 came from the same original owner and were all exmt looking. 3 came back from SGC as 50s and 3 came back as "Authentic." The E90-1s aren't necessarily trimmed just because they don't have the giant borders (some do) as the sizes vary greatly with this set. Quality control on this set must have been horrendous with the sizes, angle cutting, etc.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:07 PM
J.
Jonathan Rys.kamp

Default Snipe was cocked and ready for action . . .

I too had a snipe set and all ready to go. I think maybe the seller was scared off because there weren't any bids after a few days.

I too think it is trimmed and believe the seller also thinks so, which is why they put "Measures Just under 2 3/4 by 1 1/2 inches" in the description. However, I'd gladly take a trimmed copy for my collection, as I'm a low-grade collector on a budget.

Hope that it makes it back up and I look forward to competing with you all for the opportunity to own it.