NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-20-2011, 08:51 AM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

If seller's were permitted to leave negatives or even neutrals I suspect that David might not be resorting to this extreme a reaction.

The Unpaid Item Case being opened on the 4th day after the close of the auction is an option eBay affords sellers and it is done as a reminder without any impact to a buyer's standing on eBay. Nobody likes to be reminded they owe money but what other options are there? The notices are sent as a convenience to the seller. Unless a buyer has a massive want list (and budget) I suspect sellers are offering far more items in a month than most buyers acquire in a month. I think it is unreasonable to expect a seller to also take the time to send out notices to buyers to remind them payment is due. I have but sometimes I forget which is why the automated notification by eBay is helpful. A seller has communicated to a buyer by virtue of their terms in the auction listing. If a buyer does not read that whose fault is that?
Old 12-20-2011, 08:58 AM
MikeHealer

How is paying for something that you agreed to buy within 24 hours unreasonable?
Old 12-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Johnny S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikehealer View Post
How is paying for something that you agreed to buy within 24 hours unreasonable?
Pretty easy with no money in Paypal !!!
Old 12-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

I don't see anywhere on the auction I won that said it had to be paid in 24hrs or 3 days or 7 days nothing at all so the balls to file a npb on me. Rob PS I am still thinking of leaving a neg on this guy so everyone knows what happened and they have a right to know
Old 12-20-2011, 10:34 AM
Johnny S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigb13 View Post
I don't see anywhere on the auction I won that said it had to be paid in 24hrs or 3 days or 7 days nothing at all so the balls to file a npb on me. Rob PS I am still thinking of leaving a neg on this guy so everyone knows what happened and they have a right to know
It's not fair to leave him a neg and now you are getting a little unreasonable, I understand why you are upset but it goes both ways.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Rich v@n He$$

I love it when people ask for opinions and discard responses not in line with what they want to hear.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default linky

Quote:
Can anyone post a linky to the auction. I would like to see it.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

He did not state ANYWHERE when he wanted payment by and I do not live on the computer like some of you guys do it was over a weekend and some of us have a life other than Ebay. Rob PS tomorrow is the third day boy I hope it comes in the three days

Last edited by Bigb13; 12-20-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

Here's the link Leon http://www.ebay.com/itm/180771240312...ht_1256wt_1185
Old 12-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Bill Hedin

Default interesting point....

If I buy something, I generally pay instantly.
However, it depends on your relationship with the seller. A good friend of ours and fellow board member has a 30 day deal with me. I've only asked for terms once, and I'll pay way before the 30 days even comes close.
When selling, I expect payment within 4 days. However, I have made exceptions because in general I'm just that kind of guy (push-over,lol).
I have come across an ebay feature where I hit the buy it now button and a window popped up saying the seller wants immediate payment. I was $30 short, and needed to transfer a few $$ to my pay pal hook up. Of course I was too late and missed a nice PSA Aaron Rookie for a few hundred bucks.
Communicating by message to the buyer is key in securing a smooth transaction and long term business.
As you know, I talk too much, so I probably aggravate everyone of ebay and here with my too many messages and run on replies!
But, I love you all and mean no harm... it's a long day and night here!
Happy Holidays,
Bill Hedin
Old 12-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Rob G.

Quote:
He did not state ANYWHERE when he wanted payment by and I do not live on the computer like some of you guys do it was over a weekend and some of us have a life other than Ebay. Rob PS tomorrow is the third day boy I hope it comes in the three days
So the ebay auction ended, the seller hears NOTHING from you (the buyer) for 4 days and on the 4th day requests you to pay for the item within the next 4 days, you finally pay a day or two later, he'll send you your card, and then u'll leave him negative feedback? Did I get that right?
Old 12-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Ken McMillan

Looks like the auction was sniped at the end and seller heard nothing for 4 days. Unless there was a snipe program used at the end, something wasn't right. Can see why a NPB notice was filed. Then threatening to leave negative feedback because he got the notice. That's pretty ballsy. Would sure like to know buyers eBay name so I can block him from any eBay auction I might have. Fortunately I rarely sell on eBay.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:14 AM
qu@n nguy3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger8mush View Post
So the ebay auction ended, the seller hears NOTHING from you (the buyer) for 4 days and on the 4th day requests you to pay for the item within the next 4 days, you finally pay a day or two later, he'll send you your card, and then u'll leave him negative feedback? Did I get that right?
also how dare he having an accurate description and providing a nice big scan of the card

p.s. if you can afford to collect vintage cards then just shell out an extra $10/month and get a data plan for your phone. no one should be w/o the internet for more than 8 hours.

Last edited by chaddurbin; 12-20-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:24 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
This seller has 100% feedback and is rated as a top rated seller which means he gets a discount on his selling fees and you want to wreck that because he filed a NPB alert after 4 days of non-payment because he didn't state that in his auction? Even if not stated it is ebay's rules that a buyer should pay in 4 days or is subject to a NPB alert being filed where they will have another 4 days to pay..you get 8 days to pay.

Just so you know because you are obviously not a seller on ebay that your action could cost him hundreds of dollars...I don't know the seller, but a few hundred dollars to me is not chump change...it's a couple weeks worth of groceries for my family.

This is the result of ebay's war against sellers...whiny crybaby buyers who will leave negatives and low DSRs out of spite..it is the reason that ebay is suffering and sellers are leaving in droves.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default I missed it

After going back in the auction I think I missed it and can't seem to find this claim . Can someone point that out to me, I am sure I am just not seeing it?

From the seller's own auction: "Payment is through PayPal only and due within 24 hours of the auction's end."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180771240312...ht_1256wt_1185

Old 12-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Dan Bretta

Leon, you're mixing up the two spiteful buyers. That 24 hour payment stipulation I believe was on the auction David James won...the other spiteful buyer BigB won an auction that had no stated time to pay.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Leon, you're mixing up the two spiteful buyers. That 24 hour payment stipulation I believe was on the auction David James won...the other spiteful buyer BigB won an auction that had no stated time to pay.

Darn it...you are correct. I sort of didn't realize we were talking about multiple auctions. I just got through running so maybe the lack of oxygen is affecting my brain housing group.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Dan Bretta

I'm just guessing because of the timing and the fact this seller has a 24 hour payment stipulation that this is the auction that David James is threatening to leave a negative for...another 100% seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...8#ht_720wt_932
Old 12-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

For all you people that think they right listen I did snipe the item like I do almost all of my items. I did not check my email because I was not online at all for 4 days is this unusual for someone not to touch their computer for 4 days? Weird if all you have to do is play online. And no I do not sell on Ebay only buy. But I think a winning email notice is not to much to ask from a seller not that he ever sent anything at all. Monday when I go online to check Ebay I saw the winner and also the NPB email before I had a chance to pay that's why I am pissed so next time he will give someone else a chance to pay. And you guys that don't want me to bid on your auctions what a shame I have 100% positive feedback and that is mostly old cards so keep your cards nif you are in a rush. Slow down and enjoy life and hell get out of the house into the fresh air. And Chad who the hell are you to say what I can afford and can not afford. Rob
Old 12-20-2011, 12:49 PM
P.hil €lli$

Quote:
For all you people that think they right listen I did snipe the item like I do almost all of my items. I did not check my email because I was not online at all for 4 days is this unusual for someone not to touch their computer for 4 days? Weird if all you have to do is play online. And no I do not sell on Ebay only buy. But I think a winning email notice is not to much to ask from a seller not that he ever sent anything at all. Monday when I go online to check Ebay I saw the winner and also the NPB email before I had a chance to pay that's why I am pissed so next time he will give someone else a chance to pay. And you guys that don't want me to bid on your auctions what a shame I have 100% positive feedback and that is mostly old cards so keep your cards nif you are in a rush. Slow down and enjoy life and hell get out of the house into the fresh air. And Chad who the hell are you to say what I can afford and can not afford. Rob
That's funny, you posted here on the B/S/T on Friday night, Dec. 16 at 7:28pm. You spent some time on the computer and asked the following:

"Any 1951 Topps current all stars? Rob"

"Not online at all for 4 days"
Old 12-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Tell me your ebay ID and I'll be more than happy to block you. And it's not hard to have 100% positive feedback as a buyer since you can't receive negatives at all. I think it's weird that someone sets snipes on ebay and then doesn't even check online for four days to see if they won...and I don't know about you, but I automatically get notifications in my email from ebay and from my sniping service if I win an item so I'm calling bull on your no notifications...and even if by chance you didn't get any notifications that you won how would you even know? You're not like the rest of us losers who spend our lives online.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:01 PM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

Boy Dan you must have no life at all, all you do is sell on Ebay must be a great life to know every rule on Ebay. I go on for fun not to read up on how they run there site and how long to pay for an item and as a buyer I never had to worry about things like this but block me keep your crap. Rob
Old 12-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Boy Dan you must have no life at all, all you do is sell on Ebay must be a great life to know every rule on Ebay. I go on for fun not to read up on how they run there site and how long to pay for an item and as a buyer I never had to worry about things like this but block me keep your crap. Rob
You should spend more time online learning punctuation and grammar. Anyway no worries another fine Net54 member already gave me your ebay ID and you are now blocked.

By the way, are you going to address your obvious lie that you were not online for 4 days?
Old 12-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

I was not online better go back and check the date on that post. I have not asked for those cards in a long time. And you want to meet me and talk and my punctuation you got a big month behind a keyboard alright?
Old 12-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Dan Bretta

You posted on the 16th in the following thread:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=144725

I'll just pretend that you didn't make a threat towards me and forget about it...but it's not nice to threaten fellow Net54 members.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

My Son goes on here to, and that does not mean either one of us checked email or had that much time online. I have had someone in my family pass and I have to explain myself to you I don't think so and take it whatever way you want. And BTW he has until tomorrow to get me the card. Rob PS tell me who gave you my id so I will not buy from them anymore

Last edited by Bigb13; 12-20-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
My Son goes on here to, and that does not mean either one of us checked email or had that much time online. I have had someone in my family pass and I have to explain myself to you I don't think so and take it whatever way you want. And BTW he has until tomorrow to get me the card. Rob PS tell me who gave you my id so I will not buy from them anymore
You don't have to worry about that, you're on their blocked list too.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:28 PM
Barry Sloate

Come on guys. let's keep it civil.

Bigb13- my feeling is both you and the seller made some mistakes. I think he jumped the gun after five days to hit you with a nonpayment, he should have simply emailed you and sent a reminder. I've sold a lot on ebay and I've sent friendly reminders many times. No big deal. However, if you are placing bids on ebay you do have a responsibility to check after the auction to see if you've won. Waiting for 4-5 days isn't cool. If you know you are going to be out of town you need to find a way to check. Saying you have a life and better things to do than hang out on the computer doesn't cut it. Everybody has things to do. Both buyer and seller have a responsibilty and each of you could have handled it better.

And certainly no need for a negative here. I've bought and sold on ebay for many years. I have never given a negative nor received one. I try to bring a better attitude to the table. It's not hard.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

I agree with you Barry I have purchased from many members on this board and yes Dan from you also but I just got pissed maybe partly my fault maybe one day we will put telephone numbers with our id's so we can get reminders.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

Boy Dan I am worried that I can not bid on your auction's oh my God what will I do.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:39 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Boy Dan I am worried that I can not bid on your auction's oh my God what will I do.
I really don't care what you think...I've eliminated another nightmare buyer.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

And I will not have to deal with an a$$ of a seller like you.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Barry Sloate

Doesn't Bigb13 have to put his full name out?
Old 12-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Pete
Pet.er ian.nic.elli

At least this thread didn't turn into a train wreck.

In all seriousness, I don't see how someone stays away from their computer for four days in this modern era. Especially if they have a bid in placed on a card.

W600 Cobb and Wagner
Sporting News/Collins McCarthy Jackson
Seamless Cobb rookie
Low Grade Ruth rookie

Cards:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189414509@N08/albums
Old 12-20-2011, 02:06 PM
P.hil €lli$

Quote:
And I will not have to deal with an a$$ of a seller like you.
Is this you or your son typing.........because you certainly are acting like a child now.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Yes, but I will help, per the rules. He is R@bert B@lke.

And another rule worth mentioning is that everyone on the BST has to be at least 18 yrs of age or I need an email from their parent or guardian stating they take financial responsibility for their child. I have a few emails from a few folks that have children on there. It's never been an issue but the rule is there for obvious reasons.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
His first name is Rob, he's been around Net54 since the old days I don't think it's that important that he put his full name in this thread. He's only insulting me and that's fine.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

I will not waste any more of my time on this and Barry I don't know what you mean put my name on it. I have no problem putting my name on anything but no one asked for it. Thanks Leon for helping out with that just in case I forgot what it was.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Barry Sloate

It's just board rules Robert. Anyone can post anonymously if he is merely discussing baseball cards. But you can't do so under certain circumstances, and threatening one of the moderators should qualify.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

They should check my feedback before they block me this has never happened before.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
I will not waste any more of my time on this and Barry I don't know what you mean put my name on it. I have no problem putting my name on anything but no one asked for it. Thanks Leon for helping out with that just in case I forgot what it was.
Wow, that is a really deep hole. Sounds like this thread needs to be locked before we see fists. LOL
Old 12-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Barry Sloate

It's not a feedback issue. You came on the board with a dilemma, asked for some opinions, and didn't like what you heard so you got a little aggressive. Sometimes the court of public opinion goes against you and you just have to accept it a little more graciously.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

I guess so Barry, I did not think over the weekend was such a big deal.

Last edited by Bigb13; 12-20-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Barry Sloate

Fair enough Robert, how about we all move on?
Old 12-20-2011, 02:57 PM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

Sounds good with me Barry
Old 02-14-2012, 09:38 AM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

BTW he did get positive feedback but left me nothing. Rob
Old 02-14-2012, 12:17 PM
rich

Default different direction

I have read this thread today for the first time and I'd like to take it in a different direction. I do sell cards on ebay, but for the most part I'm a buyer. I've never received or left a neg/neutral.

I usually wait till the auction is about to end before I bid, so I'm on ebay when it's over and I'll pay immediately. On the other occasions when I'm not on, Ill pay the next day when I get home from work.

A few sellers will then leave me feedback before they ship.

When I got that newly purchased card in the mail I would leave feedback the day the card came. Only then most sellers would leave me feedback. This was going on for the last two plus years.

Well I started selling cards starting this past Oct. Once the person paid me I'd shipped the card off the next day and left postive feedback for the buyer.

I didn't wait for them to leave me feedback. Most paid very quickly, so what more could I ask of them?

So I decided, as a buyer, I am no longer leaving positive feedback for sellers until they leave me feedback.
I have a pretty good idea why they don't, I'm still not doing it. It's just the principal of it.

any thoughts?

Last edited by bosoxfan; 02-14-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:38 PM
J@son M1ller

Feedback system is BS anyway, so it hardly matters. It's not the real world and you can't trust the system. It is purely a leverage tool for buyers to extort sellers. I rarely sell but have a few things up a couple times a year. Mostly a buyer. I used to leave feedback all the time. Then I realized that it doesn't really matter.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Mike

Buy It Now means Buy It NOW !. If I BIN on ebay I pay immediately. If I sell on ebay you must pay me immediately for all BIN items. There is an option for all sellers to get payment immediately. For auction items, if I'm not paid in 4 days it automatically opens a case against the buyer. He is contacts me, I remove it. Opened cases have no negative impact on the buyer. But it does if he doesn't pay after another 4 days.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:21 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidethewrapper View Post
Buy It Now means Buy It NOW !. If I BIN on ebay I pay immediately. If I sell on ebay you must pay me immediately for all BIN items. There is an option for all sellers to get payment immediately. For auction items, if I'm not paid in 4 days it automatically opens a case against the buyer. He is contacts me, I remove it. Opened cases have no negative impact on the buyer. But it does if he doesn't pay after another 4 days.
You might be missing some sales, probably balanced by avoiding some non or slow payers.

Often when I use BIN for something I'll look at the sellers other BIN items or auctions closing within a day. And pretty often I'll buy a couple items or more if they combine shipping.
The couple times I've run across immediate payment I've simply paid and moved on.

Steve B