NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-21-2017, 08:14 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
Fair enough haha

Anyways, Hi everyone, it's me the mooch.

Lets move a few of these items today.

I'll move the RUBE T-206 for $35 DLVD and that Wagner Photo for $50 DLVD orrrr take both of them for $80.

I have been getting trade offers on the T-206's that are graded, however I would much rather sell them, as I can't really down grade much from these cards, unless you want to offer 1 card for them then that may be easier for what I am trying to accomplish. will sell every graded card a VCP. Let's go boys. Give these puppies a new home and get ready for the next card I buy once these cards are gone.

Any recommendations for the next card I buy? something in the 800-1000 range. Thanks

When you get the mantle, how long do you plan on keeping it or do you already know how you wish to display it People that are giving you deals that are helping you inch your way toward that goal may want to know.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-21-2017 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:21 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
When you get the mantle, how long do you plan on keeping it or do you already know how you wish to display it People that are giving you deals that are helping you inch your way toward that goal may want to know.
And whoever has traded with me already can feel free to ask.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:59 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
People who may consider trading with you may want to know as well. Not sure why its a secret to everyone else
Old 04-22-2017, 10:10 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
People who may consider trading with you may want to know as well. Not sure why its a secret to everyone else
When you purchase a card from someone here or an A/H, do they ask what your plans are with the card?

Odd question, imo, Jake.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:13 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
When you purchase a card from someone here or an A/H, do they ask what your plans are with the card?

Odd question, imo, Jake.

It's ok irv. Jakes never contributed anything positive to any of my treads since I joined. Why start now?
Old 04-23-2017, 06:54 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post

Odd question, imo, Jake.
Of course not. But this situation is unlike most situations. He is asking for people to go out of their way to help and he has stated his goal (get a mantle). I know if he planned on selling the card a day after getting the mantle, i would want to know that.

Another example would be if someone says they need me to take lesser money for a card than i normally would because they needed medication and were going to sell the card to help them get funds for that. So i do the deal only to learn that it was not true.

Again, people dont have to follow through with what they say but i am just giving you a reason why asking him what he plans to do with the mantle isnt out of line considering this whole thread is about him getting a mantle based on the net54 community helping him out.

I really do not think me asking "what do you plan on doing with the mantle once you get it?" is a tough question for him to answer publicly. Perhaps he was going to put it in a nice looking display and show the net54 community a picture of it , that could encourage more people to work out deals with him. Maybe he doesnt know. My question isnt an attack, its just a simple question.

just saying.....

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-23-2017 at 06:58 AM.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:02 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I didn't think it was that bad of a question given the situation...And an answer of "I prefer not to say" seems ok too.

Quote:
Of course not. But this situation is unlike most situations. He is asking for people to go out of their way to help and he has stated his goal (get a mantle). I know if he planned on selling the card a day after getting the mantle, i would want to know that.

Another example would be if someone says they need me to take lesser money for a card than i normally would because they needed medication and were going to sell the card to help them get funds for that. So i do the deal only to learn that it was not true.

Again, people dont have to follow through with what they say but i am just giving you a reason why asking him what he plans to do with the mantle isnt out of line considering this whole thread is about him getting a mantle based on the net54 community helping him out.

I really do not think me asking "what do you plan on doing with the mantle once you get it?" is a tough question for him to answer publicly. Perhaps he was going to put it in a nice looking display and show the net54 community a picture of it , that could encourage more people to work out deals with him. Maybe he doesnt know. My question isnt an attack, its just a simple question.

just saying.....
Old 04-23-2017, 09:19 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I didn't think it was that bad of a question given the situation...And an answer of "I prefer not to say" seems ok too.
+1

If one said (not Stephen) that his mother was in the freezer in the garage and he just needed funds to give her a proper burial, one might get more than one Mantle, or not.

Charitable "giving" to internet strangers with cardboard appetites hardly seems like a ticket to the pearly gates for either party.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:31 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
+1

If one said (not Stephen) that his mother was in the freezer in the garage and he just needed funds to give her a proper burial, one might get more than one Mantle, or not.

Charitable "giving" to internet strangers with cardboard appetites hardly seems like a ticket to the pearly gates for either party.
There was a member on the board a few years ago asking for money for health expenses...turned out he was spending the $$$ on baseball cards. The situation was addressed and money was returned...nonetheless it happened.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:43 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Thing is I haven't once asked someone to help me out . No one is doing charity for me.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:37 AM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
There was a member on the board a few years ago asking for money for health expenses...turned out he was spending the $$$ on baseball cards. The situation was addressed and money was returned...nonetheless it happened.
Was his first name Bill? If so is he still a member here?
Old 04-23-2017, 10:42 AM
Steven

Quote:
Thing is I haven't once asked someone to help me out . No one is doing charity for me.
Exactly. Stephen has asked for a single contribution, he is just being up front with his situation. If you want to trade him, he will do if the value is in his favor. People obviously will do it without any charity involved.

In the end, the OP's ability to do this will be based on his network and ability to recognize deals while utilizing several venues to buy and sell. I think his transparency is useful on this venue.

I have found myself following the thread...
Old 04-23-2017, 10:52 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth-gehrig View Post
Was his first name Bill? If so is he still a member here?
yes and I have no idea.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:07 AM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:

just saying.....
Jake, how much money do you make per year? My question isnt an attack, its just a simple question. Just saying.....
Old 04-23-2017, 11:18 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
Jake, how much money do you make per year? My question isnt an attack, its just a simple question. Just saying.....

+1

Jake if this was a one time thing cool, however you are always negative in every thread I create. If you can prove otherwise please do.
Old 04-23-2017, 01:09 PM
Kyle May

Quote:

just saying.....
Yes, the ultimate goal being a '52 Mantle, but he isn't asking people to go out of their way to help him. He is offering people more liquid cards for less liquid cards.

If I had $800 in gold to sell/trade, and you had $1000 in mulch to sell/trade and you were struggling to sell/trade that mulch, would you not consider taking the $800 in gold? Odd example, I know, but that's the idea of his actions.

At the same time, I don't think it's unfair to ask what he plans on doing with the Mantle if/once he obtains one, but I also think it's ok for him not to share.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame
Old 04-23-2017, 02:31 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
Yes, the ultimate goal being a '52 Mantle, but he isn't asking people to go out of their way to help him. He is offering people more liquid cards for less liquid cards.

If I had $800 in gold to sell/trade, and you had $1000 in mulch to sell/trade and you were struggling to sell/trade that mulch, would you not consider taking the $800 in gold? Odd example, I know, but that's the idea of his actions.

At the same time, I don't think it's unfair to ask what he plans on doing with the Mantle if/once he obtains one, but I also think it's ok for him not to share.

For anyone that cares (not sure anyone besides James even
Does) I have no idea what I'm gonna do with the mantle. I just thought it was a fun idea to try to trade up to a mantle. So if that keeps anyone from making a trade with me so be it lol
Old 04-23-2017, 02:36 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
I prefer not to say. With that being said, can you give me $5.00, you can paypal it and i really need it.

I didnt say in not so many words, 'ill only tell a certain amount of people that deal with me'

It seems others here agree what i said is fine for the thread including Leon..

just saying
Old 04-23-2017, 02:39 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
+1

Jake if this was a one time thing cool, however you are always negative in every thread I create. If you can prove otherwise please do.
Take a look at the thread where you said you were quitting...look at what i posted.....i didnt tell you to quit at all and not negative to you at all, plus i cant think of any threads specifically where i would of been negative to you. i dont want to spend the time to look for every post you made to see if if i can find the one negative thing i had said (which i assume you are referring to but which im sure would of been warranted). You are the one that is making that accusation which i am denying so if you can prove otherwise please do. By the way, your posts directed to me could be interpreted as negative...

we are both big jackie robinson fans and you have a lot of energy into the hobby, im all for that and have interest in your posts on subject matters we both enjoy it appears.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-23-2017 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 02:41 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
For anyone that cares (not sure anyone besides James even
Does) I have no idea what I'm gonna do with the mantle. I just thought it was a fun idea to try to trade up to a mantle. So if that keeps anyone from making a trade with me so be it lol
Thats all you had to say, it a better answer than 'i wont tell you or the public, only people i have traded with' It may not help people go out their way to help you but it is what it is.....

Thats all i asked. It wasnt negative to you, it was just a question that many poeple on the thread do not think i was unreasonable to ask...actually you are the only one that seemed to think that....correct me if you can prove otherwise
Old 04-23-2017, 02:43 PM
Jimmy Knowle$

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
+1

Not funny Frank. My mother is in the freezer, no money for a proper burial, and I have no room for corndogs, push pops or Blue Bell.

PM me and I'll give you my PP info. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2017, 02:56 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Thats all you had to say, it a better answer than 'i wont tell you or the public, only people i have traded with' It may not help people go out their way to help you but it is what it is.....

Thats all i asked. It wasnt negative to you, it was just a question that many poeple on the thread do not think i was unreasonable to ask...actually you are the only one that seemed to think that....correct me if you can prove otherwise
Maybe it wasn't negative but it was unnecessary. You know you really could care less what I do with it. You just have nothing better to do than stir the pot of my thread. You wanted me to say, sell it so you and other people that are mush negatives can jump down my throat with quotes like "Leon he is just using this thread to make money" "you're not doing this for the right reasons" etc. you can say that isn't the case but anyone with half a brain knows it is.

I truly am just doing this because I thought it would be cool to pull off. After re reading the first 5 pages, is so funny how many people are so stuck in their ways. It's encouraging though to read the supportive comments from people that actually appreciate the effort of what I am doing and are joining in if it makes sense.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:28 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Maybe it wasn't negative but it was unnecessary. You know you really could care less what I do with it. You just have nothing better to do than stir the pot of my thread. You wanted me to say, sell it so you and other people that are mush negatives can jump down my throat with quotes like "Leon he is just using this thread to make money" "you're not doing this for the right reasons" etc. you can say that isn't the case but anyone with half a brain knows it is.

I truly am just doing this because I thought it would be cool to pull off. After re reading the first 5 pages, is so funny how many people are so stuck in their ways. It's encouraging though to read the supportive comments from people that actually appreciate the effort of what I am doing and are joining in if it makes sense.
Not sure how you knew what i meant. Your assumptions are wrong. Just as you were wrong saying i was negative on all your posts, which happened now to be none.

You could of just answered the question. Saying you will tell certain people but not post your intentions here on net54 seemed like you were stirring the pot.

Afterall, if you dont know what you were going to do with the card/mantle, why did you say you will tell people that traded with you that information and not the net54 community as a whole.

Like i posted earlier, maybe you planned for the mantle to be on display and had something in mind. That certainly would not negatively impact future deals, quite the opposite i would think.

You basically said what i said on your thread was not appropriate and everyone pretty much disagreed with that. You said i was negative on all your threads with my posts implying i have some sort of agenda against you but it turns out there are no such threads like you are saying.

In any event, like i stated earlier we have many of the same interests and both into jackie robinson and i like your energy in the hobby....im on your side. ..All i did was ask a simple question that was very easy to for most if not all people to answer without any intrusion.....this is my last post for today on this thread...have a good rest of the weekend

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-23-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:00 PM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Sorry, its nothing at all personal, but when you're asking for charity.... And yes, use any rhetoric you choose... You're still asking people to give you MORE for LESS...
Plus you're somewhat known for constantly asking others to share their knowledge with items you are unaware of.... but then the minute you get what you want, its no one's business expect the people willing to "donate" to your noble cause? With all due respect, you honestly can't see how that would rub people the wrong way?? This isn't rocket science, the bottom line is you're on here always asking to receive more than you give.... and some people get tired of it.

Again, its nothing personal. I'm sure you're a nice guy, but acting like this is somewhat juvenile. That said, if you were willingly more transparent, I think it would help benefit your goal.

Brent

Last edited by Huysmans; 04-23-2017 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-23-2017, 04:17 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

[QUOTE=Huysmans;1653603]Sorry, its nothing at all personal, but when you're asking for charity.... And yes, use any rhetoric you choose... You're still asking people to give you MORE for LESS...
Plus you're somewhat known for constantly asking others to share their knowledge with items you are unaware of.... but then the minute you get what you want, its no one's business expect the people willing to "donate" to your noble cause? With all due respect, you honestly can't see how that would rub people the wrong way?? This isn't rocket science, the bottom line is you're on here always asking to receive more than you give.... and some people get tired of it.

Again, its nothing personal. I'm sure you're a nice guy, but acting like this is somewhat juvenile. That said, if you were willingly more transparent, I think it would help benefit your goal. Quote

Ps it's not charity.

If I have a cobb and you have a don Larsen. Mines worth 1000 yours is worth 1200 psa 10 mines a psa 1. Which market is bigger? Which is a easier sell? Which would you rather have?

How am I not transparent? I couldn't make this post any more clear. I'm trading up to a mantle. Holy smokes.

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 04-23-2017 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:20 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Not sure how you knew what i meant. Your assumptions are wrong. Just as you were wrong saying i was negative on all your posts, which happened now to be none.

You could of just answered the question. Saying you will tell certain people but not post your intentions here on net54 seemed like you were stirring the pot.

Afterall, if you dont know what you were going to do with the card/mantle, why did you say you will tell people that traded with you that information and not the net54 community as a whole.

Like i posted earlier, maybe you planned for the mantle to be on display and had something in mind. That certainly would not negatively impact future deals, quite the opposite i would think.

You basically said what i said on your thread was not appropriate and everyone pretty much disagreed with that. You said i was negative on all your threads with my posts implying i have some sort of agenda against you but it turns out there are no such threads like you are saying.

In any event, like i stated earlier we have many of the same interests and both into jackie robinson and i like your energy in the hobby....im on your side. ..All i did was ask a simple question that was very easy to for most if not all people to answer without any intrusion.....this is my last post for today on this thread...have a good rest of the weekend
You're brutal. Just don't post in here anymore. You are not contributing to this thread 1%
Old 04-23-2017, 04:30 PM
Ben North

Quote:

Ps it's not charity.

If I have a cobb and you have a don Larsen. Mines worth 1000 yours is worth 1200 psa 10 mines a psa 1. Which market is bigger? Which is a easier sell? Which would you rather have?

How am I not transparent? I couldn't make this post any more clear. I'm trading up to a mantle. Holy smokes.
What would be really cool is if you would keep a running total of what you have for trade in each of your new posts.

There was a guy who did this a couple years ago over on BO and he done it perfectly. Even had eBay/PayPal and shipping fees listed. Everybody got to see how far he had come and how far he had left to go. Getting your posts in this thread organized and keeping them on point will really help in your goal.

Last edited by bnorth; 04-23-2017 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:33 PM
Br.ent So.bie

[QUOTE=EYECOLLECTVINTAGE;1653607]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huysmans View Post
Sorry, its nothing at all personal, but when you're asking for charity.... And yes, use any rhetoric you choose... You're still asking people to give you MORE for LESS...

Again, its nothing personal. I'm sure you're a nice guy, but acting like this is somewhat juvenile. That said, if you were willingly more transparent, I think it would help benefit your goal. Quote

Ps it's not charity.

You just said it yourself....YOURS is worth 1000... THEIRS is worth 1200
You do understand that one amount is MORE than the other right?? I don't care about what kind of rationale you use regarding which market is bigger, its CHARITY... plain and simple... You want MORE for giving LESS. Is this really hard for you to understand? Just be honest with yourself and others.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:59 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

[QUOTE=Huysmans;1653614]
Quote:

You just said it yourself....YOURS is worth 1000... THEIRS is worth 1200
You do understand that one amount is MORE than the other right?? I don't care about what kind of rationale you use regarding which market is bigger, its CHARITY... plain and simple... You want MORE for giving LESS. Is this really hard for you to understand? Just be honest with yourself and others.

If I had a Larsen and someone had the cobb I'd do that trade in a heart beat if I wasn't looking to trade up for a mantle. I wouldn't consider it charity. I'd consider it a good trade for me. Why? I probably didn't pay 1200 for the Larsen and don't wanna pay 1000 for a cobb. Selling the Larsen may take a while, and even after fees my 1200 larsen is 1050.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:00 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
What would be really cool is if you would keep a running total of what you have for trade in each of your new posts.

There was a guy who did this a couple years ago over on BO and he done it perfectly. Even had eBay/PayPal and shipping fees listed. Everybody got to see how far he had come and how far he had left to go. Getting your posts in this thread organized and keeping them on point will really help in your goal.
Totally agree!

I have been doing it or atleast trying. I have those T-206's and photos. Those are what's left to trade.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:13 PM
Br.ent So.bie

[QUOTE=EYECOLLECTVINTAGE;1653624]
Quote:

If I had a Larsen and someone had the cobb I'd do that trade in a heart beat if I wasn't looking to trade up for a mantle. I wouldn't consider it charity. I'd consider it a good trade for me. Why? I probably didn't pay 1200 for the Larsen and don't wanna pay 1000 for a cobb. Selling the Larsen may take a while, and even after fees my 1200 larsen is 1050.
Sorry, no. Your argument would only have validity if the market guaranteed 100% that one card would sell quicker than the other... But EVERYONE reading this knows these things aren't set in stone. I hate to sound arrogant, and I'm often wrong... but here I'm not.
The fact that you used words like "probably" and "may" says it all... Your fantasy is based on wishful thinking to benefit yourself.. Nothing more. If you want to collect on ASSUMPTION, more power to you, but don't expect that from others.
...you still just can't be honest with the members on here or, more importantly, yourself.

Again Stephen its nothing personal, I'm just the type that has to call out a wrong.
Sorry....

I do wish you the best otherwise.

Brent
Old 04-23-2017, 05:28 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post

[QUOTE=Huysmans;1653633]
Quote:

Sorry, no. Your argument would only have validity if the market guaranteed 100% that one card would sell quicker than the other... But EVERYONE reading this knows these things aren't set in stone. I hate to sound arrogant, and I'm often wrong... but here I'm not.
The fact that you used words like "probably" and "may" says it all... Your fantasy is based on wishful thinking to benefit yourself.. Nothing more. If you want to collect on ASSUMPTION, more power to you, but don't expect that from others.
...you still just can't be honest with the members on here or, more importantly, yourself.

Again Stephen its nothing personal, I'm just the type that has to call out a wrong.
Sorry....

I do wish you the best otherwise.

Brent

Wrong in your opinion. Some will agree with your "opinion" and some here won't. I'm the type to call out a hater. You're a hater. You do sound arrogant. How am I being dishonest? You make no sense. Hey wanna trade? No? That's cool. Hit up another thread.

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 04-23-2017 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:39 PM
Br.ent So.bie

[QUOTE=EYECOLLECTVINTAGE;1653639]
Quote:

Wrong in your opinion. Some will agree with your "opinion" and some here won't. I'm the type to call out a hater. You're a hater. You do sound arrogant. How am I being dishonest? You make no sense. Hey wanna trade? No? That's cool. Hit up another thread.
Yeah, I'm a "hater", but you're a user.
I'd say hit up another thread as well (excellent argument by the way!!)
But you'd probably be better off hitting yourself upside the head.
And you couldn't argue ANYTHING I said.... Typical.
And what could you possibly argue dumb dumb? The market is NEVER 100%... learn that!
You're a great human being though... Keep being you and asking others to give CHARITY for your selfish, pathetic goal.

Oh, and I will stay off the "thread" you apparently "own"...
If you can't take legitimate criticism...
It might be time to change your panties.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:47 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

[QUOTE=Huysmans;1653644]
Quote:

Yeah, I'm a "hater", but you're a user.
I'd say hit up another thread as well (excellent argument by the way!!)
But you'd probably be better off hitting yourself upside the head.
And you couldn't argue ANYTHING I said.... Typical.
And what could you possibly argue dumb dumb? The market is NEVER 100%... learn that!
You're a great human being though... Keep being you and asking others to give CHARITY for your selfish, pathetic goal.

Oh, and I will stay off the "thread" you apparently "own"...
If you can't take legitimate criticism...
It might be time to change your panties.

My favorite thing in the world is a Internet tough guy. Keep being you buddy. You must be a pleasure to trade with. You seem really reasonable. I have dealt with so many members here buying selling and trading and am confident no one has a problem with the way I do business. I am honest, truthful and most importantly... fair. I guess you don't know what opportunity cost is. Maybe supply and demand as well?

I traded that original Walter Johnson for approx 900 in trade. Sold 400 worth and and now sitting on the rest. He got a great card and I'm sitting on common T-306's. However once they sell, I am ahead of where
I wanted to be. Ask the person I traded with if they think they were being charitable.

I'm done answering your posts. Go play with your Star Wars collection.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:00 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Another way to look at this

Stephen, it looks to me like you are the one taking all of the risk in these transactions. You offered a T205 WOJO, which is an easy sell, for some T206's. Even if the "book value" of the T206's is $1000, it is much more difficult to sell these types of cards than it is to easily flip the WOJO. Some of the T206's will sell quickly, and some will sit on eBay for awhile, and some you will have to sell at a discount. You are the one taking the risk and you are the one who is doing the work of selling and trading multiple lower value cards. I don't know why people are hassling you about this.

Good luck with your quest.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:10 PM
Br.ent So.bie

[QUOTE=EYECOLLECTVINTAGE;1653648]
Quote:

My favorite thing in the world is a Internet tough guy. Keep being you buddy. You must be a pleasure to trade with. You seem really reasonable. I have dealt with so many members here buying selling and trading and am confident no one has a problem with the way I do business. I am honest, truthful and most importantly... fair. I guess you don't know what opportunity cost is. Maybe supply and demand as well?

I traded that original Walter Johnson for approx 900 in trade. Sold 400 worth and and now sitting on the rest. He got a great card and I'm sitting on common T-306's. However once they sell, I am ahead of where
I wanted to be. Ask the person I traded with if they think they were being charitable.

I'm done answering your posts. Go play with your Star Wars collection.
All I read was blah, blah...blah. And I think you meant "an" internet tough guy.
YOU'RE the one that doesn't know shit and is always begging others for advice.
...but now you're an expert right?
I'd say go play with your collectables clown, but just like the market, you don't know ANYTHING about them and your opinion is USELESS.
Now let's see if you have ANY integrity, and if your words mean anything to you...
I doubt it though, you'll respond again.

...and who are you to bash Star Wars stuff? After all, its ANOTHER area I'm sure you know nothing about... Shouldn't you start another thread asking what Star Wars is??

Oh, and a lot of Star Wars nerds will be offended reading your post 😜
Old 04-23-2017, 06:11 PM
Jason S!m@nds

What is currently available for trade?
Old 04-23-2017, 06:16 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
What is currently available for trade?

So glad you asked!! The following is available for trade or sale!

Here is what's left. Gonna give this till Sunday before throwing them up for ebay 7 day auction.

Better Photos:

Old 04-23-2017, 08:14 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

I guessed correctly that this was going to become a very annoying thread very quickly.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:22 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
I guessed correctly that this was going to become a very annoying thread very quickly.
Yes it has thanks to all the off topic negative posts. Thanks for your contribution.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:58 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Skip over it.

Problem solved.

It's just that easy.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:07 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Skip over it.

Problem solved.

It's just that easy.
Yep. But if anyone wants to trade me their $1000 card for my $500 one, drop me a PM. Will also trade your $100 card for my $20 one.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:09 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Yep. But if anyone wants to trade me their $1000 card for my $500 one, drop me a PM. Will also trade your $100 card for my $20 one.

Lol oh god
Old 04-23-2017, 09:15 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
I assume you'll be skipping over the thread from this point forward.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:26 PM
John Hanssen

I guess I will chime in.

I'm the one that traded 1st for the T205 Johnson and the trade was handled very well. Cards were mailed next day by both sides and we both seem happy with the trade.

Why.

Well I don't see the t205 Johnson as a $700 or higher card. I put the valuation closer to $500 or just under. But that is a set I am currently working on so I was thinking of moving my low end T206 HOFs, ect to help with my T205 project. When I saw this post I jumped on the trade for 3 reasons.

1. I checked back on my records for what I had into the cards I was willing to trade. The better ones I had received in a trade much like this one, for vintage hockey cards I didn't really want, that I got lucky on e-bay buy (only had $34.43) in the lot. The guy didn't want prewar and I got rid of a lot of nice 70s hockey.
Also another $142.76 in cards I bought over that last few years. So I'm out of pocket less that $180.00 for a VG-T205 Johnson, at least in my way of thinking.

2. I was happy to move that lot of lower level HOFs and commons as a lot instead of one at a time. 1 big name single card would be easier for me to trade in a later date for something.

3. I was hopping the trader was really itching to get his 1st trade done and go for this trade which I viewed as a win for me, and fit his primus for a win for him.

Trading at least for me isn't always all about $$$$, it's if I'm happier with what I got than what I had. I guess I'm more of a collector. A good trade can be based on a lot of diffent reasons.

Good luck to EVERYONE in your next trade and have FUN collecting!
Old 04-23-2017, 09:29 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebboy View Post
i guess i will chime in.

I'm the one that traded 1st for the t205 johnson and the trade was handled very well. Cards were mailed next day by both sides and we both seem happy with the trade.

Why.

Well i don't see the t205 johnson as a $700 or higher card. I put the valuation closer to $500 or just under. But that is a set i am currently working on so i was thinking of moving my low end t206 hofs, ect to help with my t205 project. When i saw this post i jumped on the trade for 3 reasons.

1. I checked back on my records for what i had into the cards i was willing to trade. The better ones i had received in a trade much like this one, for vintage hockey cards i didn't really want, that i got lucky on e-bay buy (only had $34.43) in the lot. The guy didn't want prewar and i got rid of a lot of nice 70s hockey.
Also another $142.76 in cards i bought over that last few years. So i'm out of pocket less that $180.00 for a vg-t205 johnson, at least in my way of thinking.

2. I was happy to move that lot of lower level hofs and commons as a lot instead of one at a time. 1 big name single card would be easier for me to trade in a later date for something.

3. I was hopping the trader was really itching to get his 1st trade done and go for this trade which i viewed as a win for me, and fit his primus for a win for him.

trading at least for me isn't always all about $$$$, it's if i'm happier with what i got than what i had. I guess i'm more of a collector. A good trade can be based on a lot of diffent reasons.

Good luck to everyone in your next trade and have fun collecting!

+10000000
Old 04-23-2017, 09:32 PM
Orlando Rodriguez

Can everyone leave this poor guy alone. He isn't trying to scam anyone. He is trying a fun project that he wants to share with fellow card collectors. I, for one, would gladly trade him a card that is higher in price for one that I want more. If I had some psa 10 third-year card of a mid-tier hall of famer, I would gladly trade it for a card I covet that may be "worth" 15-20% less. What should I do instead? Put it up for sale and wait for a guy who happens to be putting together an all-psa 10 1973 Topps set to pay me 10k? Or should I put it up on PWCC and PRAY it hits 10k so I can get 9k after pwcc gets their cut? I prefer the card I covet. I think this is the type of scenario he is getting at. But you guys are destroying him like he is trying to pull a fast one, when the very title of the thread is telling you precisely what he is trying to do. I wish him well.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:01 PM
Dan Bretta

Exactly. I am not much of a reader of other forums, but do recall stumbling across the thread on the PSA board where a guy was doing the same exact thing and it was fun to watch (I even put the thread in my bookmarks so I could follow it without having to search for it), and he wasn't getting any grief at all.

Leave it to Net54 though.....

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 04-23-2017 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:26 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Noone here will argue that a someone putting in sweat equity to make a profit is a bad thing, quite the opposite. Others dont care about going out of their way to help someone. There were other various issues that some posters here criticized. However i still do not know why people curse (not accusing eyecollectvintage) on a baseball hobby forum..makes no sense.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-24-2017 at 06:56 AM.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:04 AM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Doesn't this belong in the BST?