NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-14-2014, 11:48 PM
Yi
Banned

Default Selling on my eBay now!

I just post some Photos on my eBay. This is my first try to sell photos there.
Here is the link:
http://www.ebay.com/usr/yi.su48

My website is still under construction, but I posted many photos on my Gallery.
You can have a look there. Comments and suggestions are welcomed:
yiauction.net
Old 04-15-2014, 06:34 AM

Hi Yi,
I followed your eBay link and it led to a dead end. I cannot find your auctions. Can you please help provide a link that will work?
Thanks!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:04 AM
Mikeknapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Hi Yi,
I followed your eBay link and it led to a dead end. I cannot find your auctions. Can you please help provide a link that will work?
Thanks!
Scott here it is.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/yi.su48/m.ht...p2047675.l2562
Old 04-15-2014, 08:32 AM
Yi
Banned

Thank you Mike. I appreciate.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
Thanks Mike! I really appreciate the assist.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:48 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Shouldn't these posts go in the Memorabilia BST here ( Link) or the ebay BST here (Link)?

Last edited by glchen; 04-15-2014 at 09:50 AM.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:15 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

The stamp on back suggests the Jackie Robinson photo was printed later, after retired.

Last edited by drcy; 04-15-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:57 PM
Yi
Banned

The Jackie Robinson photo is about 1950s or 1960s, I guess. From the paper and stamp. I don't know the exact time. Bust I only have this one photo. It is a unique one.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:11 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

The five digit US zip code was introduced in 1962.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
The stamp on back suggests the Jackie Robinson photo was printed later, after retired.
You're right..it was printed in the 60's
Old 04-19-2014, 01:36 PM
Yi
Banned

2 days left for bidding.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:03 PM

The Appling autograph appears to be a stamp.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:08 PM
Banned

doesnt seem to be much activity.

Last edited by JoeyF1981; 04-19-2014 at 05:54 PM. Reason: delete some info
Old 04-19-2014, 05:43 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Guessing it's equal parts of both

Last edited by perezfan; 04-20-2014 at 12:33 PM. Reason: typing challenged
Old 04-20-2014, 04:16 AM
Mic.hel.le. Plo.ur.de

The giant "Yi Auction" across the photos don't help
Old 04-20-2014, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misha View Post
The giant "Yi Auction" across the photos don't help
Yi,
I would absolutely agree with this person's post.
Consider removing all of the Yi watermarks if you want to have success selling your photos in an eBay auction. People want to know what they are bidding on.

Definitely consider adding a bio on your uncle the photographer and his collection in the auction description.

I don't want to come off as crass or rude, but, in my humble opinion, with these watermarks in bright yellow your photos look like something you would win at a school carnival...
Old 04-20-2014, 09:59 AM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmh71 View Post
The Appling autograph appears to be a stamp.
Looks like a hard tip on a glossy surface.

in addition to removing the overly obtrusive watermark, it would be helpful to give the dimensions of the photos. And don't crop so close to the edges.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:59 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

It's Yi's first sales, and it's a learning process. Live and learn. None of us was born with photo knowledge or selling experience. It's funny when grumpy card collectors act as if everyone should be born with knowledge on how to authenticate T206s-- when even they themselves weren't born with that knowledge. Making mistakes and misassumptions is a part of being a beginner, and everyone starts out as a beginner.

I think a small watermark would be okay. In the long rung eBay, won't let you advertise for someone offsite auctions. A bio of the photographer in the listing sounds like a fine idea.

I think you have to be more knowledgeable about what you are selling. That your uncle's stamp is on it, doesn't make it original, and bidders won't bid a lot unless they are confident on what they are bidding and confident you know.

There's nothing wrong will selling some on your own, and eBay may be a fine venue on that. It would be really tough starting your own auction house, especially when you aren't knowledgeable about identification and market pricing and have no experience with shipping and billing and such and don't already have a large bidder base (actually, now that I write that, that sounds like a recipe for disaster), but you can try if you're so inclined. I recommend consigning some to an auction house(s). You don't have to sell in just one way, you can sell in multiple avenues. Most experienced full time dealers sell in different formats and arenas. But you should consider consigning, in part because a good auction house can identify/date photos, has the bidder base and can get fair market value.

Due to my work load, I don't have time to give too much free advice and opinion on everything offered for sale, though all the photos so far with the paper captions on back have appeared to be vintage as described. Some of the E.F. Collins stamped ones appear to be made later and one or two of the others also appear to be made later. Not uncommon for famous photographers to make later prints from their negatives-- Ansel Adams and George Hurrell (big Hollywood movie star photographer) did it. There's nothing wrong with offering for sale printed later photos (they are collectable when by a famous or otherwise noted photographer), as long as they're correctly identified as such.

One last note is some bidders might like knowing they will get a letter or certificate noting the photos come from his family/estate. Many collectors like that kind of stuff. Just an idea.

I sounds to be a fine massive photo collection-- no one's arguing otherwise. It's just a question of the best way to sell it.

Last edited by drcy; 04-20-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:42 AM
Banned

I agree that removing the watermark would be a smart decision. I think the fact that shes doing a test run on ebay to see what her photos realize in price is a smart idea. I know Yi thought alot of her photos were worth tons and maybe this will give her a idea of how much they really are worth since I know her expectations are high.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:59 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

comments removed

Last edited by drcy; 04-20-2014 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:51 PM
Yi
Banned

Thank you for everyone's comments. Trying to escape the possible mistake on timing the photos. I will not put any photos without date stamp or caption. So I will not sell my uncle's photographed photos. I will wait till that kind of photos get examed by experts. That Jackie Robinson photo I put on eBay is the one I sold to Joey and later he asked me to refund. Even it is a 1960s, it is a unique one. I don't have another copy. I think it worth at least $250. If I can sell it. I will get the money. If not I'd like to keep it. It's not a big deal. I am not expecting high money as Joey said. Whatever I can get from my auctions or eBay are all extra money. I didn't price on any photos. I trust experts and friends. They are doing it for me now. If the photos can be sold. I appreciate the guests. If not, I can low down the price. If the photos still can not be sold. I will keep them. I like baseball photos more and more. My uncle collected good photos! I am not eager to sell them. I have a happy life and the baseball photos are just a happy surprise to me. I want share this happiness to the world. I want to do something to memory my uncle. That's the most important.

Last edited by Yi; 04-20-2014 at 08:05 PM. Reason: wrong grammer
Old 04-20-2014, 07:05 PM
Yi
Banned

Default Thank you for your idea. I am working on it now.

"One last note is some bidders might like knowing they will get a letter or certificate noting the photos come from his family/estate. Many collectors like that kind of stuff. Just an idea."

Thank you David. That's a good idea. We thought about it already. I am working on it with my friend now.

Last edited by Yi; 04-20-2014 at 07:10 PM. Reason: wrong grammer
Old 04-20-2014, 10:26 PM

Yi

I offer free advice to anyone, anytime on photos whether you bid in my auctions or not (this goes to anyone on the forum). Feel free to send me scans of anything you have questions on and I would be happy to help. I don't care if its everyday, I will always answer (sometimes it might take a day or two depending on how busy I am). You have some nice stuff, but much of it is second generation or later collectors issues mixed in with original press photography so the MOST important thing would be separating out the originals and then selling your items accordingly.

Rhys Yeakley
info@RMYAuctions.com

Tags
autographed baseball, baseball photos, vintage photos