NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-05-2003, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Default An empty box.....

Posted By: Shammus

Hello all....

I wish I would have found this community six months earlier. In that amount of time, I've been taken by two of the biggest scam artists on Ebay, Eagle8016 and Toni Toscana, the guy who ripped off Greg's Botn.com site. I'm encouraged though that there is a group of people out there that hate what greed and individuals like these two have done to our hobby and are willing to fight back. I look forward to learning from you all about a vintage card collecting in the future as I am somewhat naive and uninformed myself (obviously).

To answer a question from one of the previous threads....Toni doesn't send an empty box, he designed his own shipping Website as well (Pegasus.com) and uses that to send out false notifications that an item is on its way. That's pretty much how he sold me on the deal. The victim ends up not receiving anything at all in the end.

Thanks for listening guys....

-Brian
redmaccie@hotmail.com

Old 12-05-2003, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Elliot

Pegasus.com appear to be a sailing website. Is the url something else?

Old 12-05-2003, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Leon

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Brian. Since you brought up the despicable character that is doing this I thought I would make a quick clarification. I recently posted in another thread that I looked at the website of this ass**** and laughed. The laugh was out of the blatant stealing of someone's card images; almost in disbelief. There is nothing funny about this guy. He needs his butt kicked AND thrown in jail. I hope he gets caught quickly. I wonder if any police, in any country, are after him right now? Is there anything we could do? regards all

Old 12-05-2003, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Botn

The shipper that he claims to use is http://www.pegasuscargo.com. I vaguely remember seeing someone's e-mail of a confirmation that a shipment was made. It would be interesting to see the headers on that e-mail.

I have been dealing with a segment of the Yahoo legal department. Brian, or anyone else who has sent this jackass money, please contact me and I will give you the contact information for Yahoo. Victims that come forward with actual financial losses may have some recourse with Yahoo, since they know that I have been trying to get the site down since 10/15/03.

It just so happens that Toni's new site, which grows everyday, is also being hosted by Yahoo. Both ebay and yahoo have information as to the identities of this elaborate scam but are unable to reveal that info due to the privacy act. This makes it difficult for any of us to try to put a stop to this.

Greg

Old 12-05-2003, 07:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Shammus

My fault...the URL to the site is actually www.pegasuscargo.com. Elliot, I can forward the email to you if you would like.

Thanks for the response Leon. Unfortunately I had already sent the money when by accident, I was surfing around on Ebay and I stumbled onto some of Greg's auctions, a couple of which were for identical cards I THOUGHT I had just purchased. Then I saw his Website...you can imagine how horrified I was at this discovery.

Toni's website is down...that's a good start, but unfortunately, he's back to hijacking Ebay ID's. A friend of mine informed me that yesterday a box of 62 football wax packs, 74 baseball and 86 fleer showed up on ebay under 3 separate ID's all in the same format. They were all 1 day auctions with preapproval required. When my friend investigated, he got an email back from Toni below:

==================

I SAW YOU ARE INTERESTED IN MY Unopened Box of 1962 Topps Football Wax Packs.

IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
THE PRICE IS US$2,999.00 (all taxes included).

REGARDS.

Toni Toscana
www.tonis-sports-cards.com
Phone/Fax (UK): 0044.207.900.2484
Phone/Fax (IT): 0039.029.544.1573

Old 12-05-2003, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MW

Pegasuscargo.com
Site created on 10-01-2003
Hosted by: YahooDomains

Registered to: Michelle Hamilton
15142 Susanna St.
Livonia, MI 48154
Email: francescor@myrealbox.com
Phone: (734) 464-6557

Old 12-05-2003, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob M

A reverse look-up of that phone number yields:

SHAPIRO, STEVEN
15142 Susanna St
Livonia, MI 48154-4859

Old 12-05-2003, 07:21 PM
Administrator

For $2.95 someone can have a public records search done on him -
http://www.knowx.com/infoam.exe?form=pf/summary.htm&userid=guest&password=welcome&lastname=Shapiro&firstname=Steven&state=MI

Old 12-05-2003, 07:22 PM
Administrator

Tonis-sports-cards.com
Site created on 10-29-2003
Hosted by: YahooDomains

Registered to: Victor Schroeder
51 Oakwood Drive
Pontiac, IL 61764
Email: tonis_sports_cards@yahoo.com
Phone: (815) 842-2187

Old 12-05-2003, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hankron

Duly note that this person may be using others' credit cards and i.d.s to sign up for web pages and such.

Old 12-05-2003, 08:04 PM
Administrator

That is certainly possible.

Old 12-05-2003, 08:24 PM
Administrator

the Victor Schroeder address and phone number match up when a reverse search is done. If this person is somehow involved, then this info is either correct or he has phoney info set up with the phone company, etc.

Old 12-05-2003, 08:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe_G.

I live in Westland, perhaps 10 miles from the Livonia address . . .

Old 12-05-2003, 11:56 PM
Administrator

That's true, but another possibility is that the same fake eBay email that "Toni" used to steal sellers' passwords was also used to solicit users' addresses and credit card information (which he then used to register both websites).

Old 12-06-2003, 03:14 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Elliot

I'm leaving the posts up that contain contact information for certain people, because this information was obtained from sources already in the public domain, and available to anybody. If these people wanted privacy they should not have posted the information in a manner where it would be accessible by all.

I do wish to note that it is quite possible that the contact information was hijacked and does not necessarily represent the real person(s) behind the website.

Further, i wish to caution everybody to not post private contact information, that is not in the public domain without receiving that person's prior approval.

Elliot

Old 12-06-2003, 07:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay Miller

I was the winning bidder on two PSA football cards that were part of the scam. The "seller" sent me a similar email and indicated he was in Greece. He used a different name than Toni--I forget what. The payment instructions were the same, however. The cards were sold under the user ID--Knoelani. I used the "find the member" feature available to winning bidders and found the phone number of the owner of this user ID in Jenison, MI. I called and talked to the person's roommate who was familiar with Knoelani's selling habits. He was very surprised when I told him what happened and assured me he would contact her at work so she could contact ebay about this identity theft. Nice surprise for what seemed to be pretty nice people. I hope they catch and fully prosecute this scum before ebay is brought down under the weight of concern over auction integrity.

Old 12-06-2003, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay Miller

The "seller" used the following ID:

Roger Smart
9 Kleanthous Street
Athens, Greece 10674

At least he/she has a sense of humor. I like the "Smart" name and the "Clean the House" address.

Old 04-18-2004, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: J. Tim Lehnherr

Well I see that this guy is into other selling scams. I bought and paid for a 2004 yamaha grizzly ATV that this guy (used name of James Norocos) I sent my $4000.00 after he confirem by sending me shipping doc. from his made up company of Pegasus Cargo LTD complete with shipping numbers and shipping lable. I fell for it and sent the money, after a few days he shut me down from tracking the ffantom shippment and the loss is history. I contacted the FBI and sent them all the info I had. They never answered which did not supprise me but if every one that gets taken by these guys and a gril should fill with the FBI. I thought that the FBI would take intrest after I told them he also had come up with the Shipping company but still nothing. If you want to know more or want any of the info I have, I will be glad to share it with any one who wants it. I thought that I was being safe when I had him send me a copy of his pastport but he crossed out a few of the numbers and I cannot get any more info from it.
Good luck
J. Tim Seattle, WAshington