NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-03-2015, 06:22 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Clean Sweep Auction ending this evening 6/3/2015

Cleansweep Auctions is closing their June auction this evening-

Here is a blurb from them-

Our current auction closes WEDNESDAY JUNE 3. Please keep in mind that initial bids must be placed by 6 PM on the final day of the auction.

Many lots have revised descriptions, including the Willie Mays Game Used Bat (which comes with a PSA DNA LOA), the Martin Luther King Jr. Document (please see lot), there is an added T206 Blank Back card that is not in the printed catalog (lot 328.2) and there is now greatly expanded detail on the Dave Berman modern Mets cards.

This auction contains some amazing autographed items, including over 1,000 signed baseballs, terrific baseball memorabilia with fine bats and game jerseys, quality baseball cards and the Dave Berman collection of Mets cards and memorabilia.

Clean Sweep Auctions PO Box 215 Carle Place, New York 11514

Phone 516 338 8557 Fax 516 338 8559
(full phone support while the auction is live)
Always Buying and Seeking Out Quality Consignments

www.cleansweepauctions.com
email: info@csauctions.com

Full Auction Description

The current auction is one of the largest auctions that we have ever run. In terms of physical size of the lots in the auction, this is very possibly the biggest auction that we have ever held. Loaded with fresh material and top collections, we want to thank our many key consignors and loyal customer base for making this possible. In this time of seemingly endlessly recycled material, this auction should really hit the spot for collectors looking for items that have not been previously offered at public sale.

In a departure from our traditional auction structure, we have so many great game used bats and jerseys in this auction that these categories will open the auction. Items of special note include game used bats from Roberto Clemente and Willie Mays, several fine Yankee jerseys including a 1963 Dale Long, a 1995 Wade Boggs full uniform, a 1996 Jimmy Key, both with LOAs from the Yankees and several items from the personal collection of Charlie Hayes, including 1996 World Series game used equipment, a Barry Bonds 1999 jersey and a Willie Mays 1999 Old Timers Day jersey. Other top items include an A Rod 1996 game used glove inscribed to Keith Hernandez and a Justin Verlander signed gamer. The auction continues with baseball memorabilia. Notable items here include a fabulous circa 1915 Negro League broadside and a simply incredible 1904 Negro League scorecard with Rube Foster and the boxer Jack Johnson.

Autographed baseballs are a simply incredible category here. Checking in at possibly over 1,200 balls, we have a good run of scarce single signed balls with key HOFers and several rarities, a terrific collection of New York Yankee singles offered by the decade in lots of 100 or more and also a great Red Sox single signed ball collection offered in lots. As if that was not enough, there are also great larger lots with HOFers and current stars. For no sensible reason, these lots represent simply incredible values in today’s market, and are worth pursuing even if you are not a dealer as one can save so much money versus buying these individually at retail pricing. Collectors of team balls will see baseballs going back to the 1930s, a new ball with Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig, several terrific All Star balls from the 1950s and 1960s and some great early Yankee team balls with Thurman Munson, including a 1969, 1970 and 1971.

The Dave Berman Mets collection comes next, to which we devoted the back cover. This is an almost peerless collection with all sorts of unique and special items that were collected by Mr. Berman for more than 30 years. Far too much for one auction, these items will be featured in our next three auctions. Key items in this auction include the best collection in the world of Mets yearbooks, with all four variations of the 1962, including the incredibly rare first edition with the black and white cover, various rare cards including Topps test issues, a 1968 Topps Ryan Rookie in a PSA 8 holder, an exceptionally high quality Topps Mets run and his world class collection of modern Mets cards, numbering over 20,000 in total, offered in lots by year for Topps and by manufacturer for the other companies. These lots represent incredible potential values to our bidders. Mets autographed items include some wonderful period items from the 1969 Mets and a great collection of Mets team balls.

Baseball cards are well represented in this auction as well. Notable items include an 1895 Mayo Cap Anson, a great run of the wonderful 1899-1900 large format M101-1 Sporting News premiums with keys Ed Delehanty and Cy Young and the #1 1934 Goudey set on the SGC registry, offered as singles. In addition, there is a fresh midgrade E95 set and many nice Topps and Bowman sets from the 1950s through the early 1970s. Basketball collectors will see a top quality run of 1957/8 Topps cards in 8 holders, a Beckett 9.5 Gem Mint Michael Jordan 86/87 Fleer Rookie Card and some truly great vintage 1950s autographed items. Hockey collectors will see a beyond stunning quality 1954/55 Topps hockey set, mostly all PSA 8s, offered as singles.

Collectors of historical and entertainment autographs will also see some wonderful items, including a fine George Washington cut signature, an incredible Martin Luther King handwritten speech and signed program and a terrific original eclectic 1950s and 1960s autograph collection offered over many lots.

In many ways, we saved some of the best items for last. The auction ends very, very well with baseball autographed flat items. Highlights include several fine signed card sets a truly world class collection of Boston Red Sox and Braves-related autographs with a profoundly rare Frank Selee autograph (deceased 1909), which JSA tells us is one of only seven in existence. There is an incredible lot of 2,000 Red Sox 3x5s in one lot, some fine Babe Ruth signed items, a Kid Nichols signed black and white HOF plaque and a fantastic 1950 Cooperstown Program signed by Ty Cobb, Ed Walsh and Cy Young among others.

Old 06-05-2015, 02:22 PM

Hi Leon- I tried checking out the auction from my PC at the office, our work filter is blocking the site due to "sex". So you might wanna mention to Steve and see why that migth be happening...that could be limiting traffic to the site.

Last edited by MVSNYC; 06-05-2015 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:41 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

never mind.....answered the wrong question

Last edited by Leon; 06-05-2015 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:50 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Last edited by oldjudge; 06-12-2015 at 09:14 AM.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:46 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Dang, they must have sent me the wrong catalog!
Old 06-05-2015, 10:55 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVSNYC View Post
Hi Leon- I tried checking out the auction from my PC at the office, our work filter is blocking the site due to "sex". So you might wanna mention to Steve and see why that migth be happening...that could be limiting traffic to the site.
Please post a screen shot
Old 06-11-2015, 12:11 PM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVSNYC View Post
I get the same thing from work:

Untitled.jpg

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/gregr2
Old 06-11-2015, 12:13 PM

The website is www.csauctions.com
Old 06-11-2015, 12:31 PM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
The website is www.csauctions.com
Ahhh maybe that's why. I was just clicking on the link Leon provided.

Old 06-11-2015, 02:42 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregr2 View Post
Ahhh maybe that's why. I was just clicking on the link Leon provided.
ok, inquiring minds want to know. When I click on the link I provided in the first post it goes to the auction, no worries. I remember a long time ago when some angered individual (I guess) redirected the site, or something, to a sex site. I vaguely remember it and don't recall the specifics. That being said when I click on the link in the first post it goes to the correct site. Is it taking other members someplace else? If so I can change it...

Last edited by Leon; 06-11-2015 at 03:39 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
ok, inquiring minds want to know. When I click on the link I provided in the first post it goes to the auction, on worries. I remember a long time ago when some angered individual (I guess) redirected the site, or something, to a sex site. I vaguely remember it and don't recall the specifics. That being said when I click on the link in the first post it goes to the correct site. Is it taking other members someplace else? If so I can change it...
I'm at work and when I click it I never get to the actual site, my work firewall software blocks it with the message I posted. I'll check it from home and let you know.

Just to clarify, when I click on www.csauctions.com from work, I do get to the Clean Sweep site from work.
When I click on www.cleansweepauctions.com from work, it gets blocked with the image I posted.

Last edited by gregr2; 06-11-2015 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:51 PM
Daryl

The image posted above is from one of the TRITON products made by Websense. If that domain was hijacked and redirected as Leon stated, then it was most likely discovered and added to that category by Websense's crawler. I believe that Websense will accept requests for re-categorization by email.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:11 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Leon's original link works fine for me. Nothing wrong at all with it.
Ping Bodie, Sam Rice
Old 06-11-2015, 04:46 PM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

So now that I am home, Leon's link in the first email works just fine. For some reason whatever software they use at my work is picking it up as a "sex" site and blocking access to it. No big deal as I should be doing work at work anyway!

Old 06-11-2015, 08:14 PM

Default In your endo

You know, it's been a while since I had a good clean sweeping.

Brian
Old 06-11-2015, 11:26 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Last edited by oldjudge; 06-12-2015 at 09:15 AM.