NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 02-11-2013, 03:34 PM
qu@n nguy3n

Default comc?

i was turned to blowoutcards.com a few days ago, then i also see the members there linking their ebay and comc account. can someone give me the gist of what comc is about? is it an auction site like ebay or more of a private forum like here or blowout?
Old 02-11-2013, 03:59 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

I'm not that familiar with blowoutcards, so I can't really make a comparison. But I'd say the listings are kinda like Amazon.. The sellers have to send the cards to comc, then they are scanned, stored, a listing is created(the seller sets the price) and shipped when sold...

http://www.comc.com/Sell.aspx

The one big upside, is that no matter who the seller is, the shipping will be combined because they are all coming from the same place.. The downside is that cards come without toploaders(any orders I've ever received, the cards have been pretty well secured and packaged, so it's not a big deal). Toploaders are available at 20 cents per card if you elect to have them..

Last edited by novakjr; 02-11-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:09 PM
qu@n nguy3n

thanks david...so if there's no toploader the card comes in a penny sleeve? or just raw?

i will check it out knowing it's a centralized shipping operation so there won't be any scamming, but i'd think the deals are few and far between, and most things are retail+?
Old 02-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Some of our members are on COMC. It's a good place to get newer cards for cheap prices....and they have literally millions.....You won't be scammed from everything I hear it's very safe.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:36 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
thanks david...so if there's no toploader the card comes in a penny sleeve? or just raw?

i will check it out knowing it's a centralized shipping operation so there won't be any scamming, but i'd think the deals are few and far between, and most things are retail+?
I believe they were in penny sleeves(The Santana/Zobrist was my first order in a while from them, and that was the other day).. You'd be surprised about the deals though. I got that Santana for 5.24, and the cheapest ones on the bay are in the $20-30 range..
Old 02-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Larry More.y

I have found many a great deals @COMC over the past year or so(also well below ebay prices). I mainly buy 60s and 70s, cards, so while condition is important, the scans are large and clear enough to make good decisions.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:17 PM
qu@n nguy3n

thx guys...checking it out right now.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:42 PM
NewEnglandBaseBallist

I've purchased many modern rookies and autographed cards on COMC and I've never been disappointed. Great prices, good selection, reasonable shipping, front/back scans. Significantly more pleasent buying experience than Ebay.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:43 PM
NewEnglandBaseBallist

and as mentioned previously, almost impossible for scammers to ply their illicit trade.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:06 AM
Anthøny N. ex

I've used them and sportslots.com to fill in modern sets. Cheap, easy, and never had a single problem.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:00 AM
Bill Gregory

I've used checkoutmycards.com, or comc.com now, many times. I've been completely happy with my purchases. The couple of times I've returned cards, I've gotten a full refund with no problems.

In fact, I just bought a Francisco Lindor Bowman Chrome rookie auto from them last night. Got the packing notification in my email, and I'll get the tracking info once the package is sent.

Toploaders only cost 20 cents, no reason to not get one. If it's not shipped in a toploader, I believe it's a penny sleeve in a team bag with one of those white cardboard backers. Cards are shipped in bubble mailers.

I would not hesitate to recommend using them.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:19 AM
qu@n nguy3n

only thing i've found is you need to preload the money into your account before you can make any offers?
Old 02-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
only thing i've found is you need to preload the money into your account before you can make any offers?
They are a fairly big company and I would trust whatever they ask for, If you want to participate. Since they advertised here I have a few contacts but I bet if you email them any concerns or questions they will help you...I know Rich Klein uses them and so do some hobby veterans that collect newer stuff...
Old 02-12-2013, 10:02 AM
Tony Ooten

Quote:
That's true, but you can get a refund (or cash out) with no fees within a certain time frame - 30 days maybe?

I've used them for mostly modern set fillers and also a handful of 60's and 70's cards. I've probably bought 200 to 300 cards from them in two or three fell swoops. Most recently during their black friday sale.

Love their format.

Last edited by tonyo; 02-12-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:03 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
That, I think is a good thing for sellers. There's no "floating" over there...Buying or placing an offer, with the intent of paying a few days later. Sellers don't have to worry about chasing down buyers for their money, as everything is paid up-front.. Or in this case, upon acceptance..

With you, being new and possibly undecided there, I can understand your hesitancy in pre-loading into their account though.. Because, if the offer isn't accepted, you may or may not still be inclined to spend that money there..
Old 02-14-2013, 03:43 PM
Chr!$ "Bubba" L@mb

I sell alot of my modern junk on comc.com and then buy vintage cards that I need for my Reds collection.

The site is very well made and supported and has an ever-growing customer base. You can be 100% confident sending them money to fund your account.

It's great for selling lower-end cards that don't do well on Ebay. The beauty of selling with them is you mail them the cards, they scan them and upload them to your account and all you have to do is set the prices. Very Simple!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:31 PM
Rich Klein

Default I've been on COMC for about 3 years now

And I've sold approximately 3750 of the 9750 cards I have posted on the site. And I have three 3.200 ct boxes on the way to Washington for more cards to be added to the site plus some more cards in my "office". And each year I look for more ways to expand what I send COMC

And I just recieved my first COMC order tonight, perfectly packed and shipped with incredible communication

Rich
Old 02-17-2013, 11:51 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
To place an offer, maybe. To outright buy a card, no. I don't keep money in my account, and just pay for the card at checkout directly through Paypal.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.