NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-06-2019, 08:55 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Default What would you do?

I received this PSA 10 Griffey rookie today. When I purchased it from ebay, there was no back scan. The seller has 100% feedback and over 10,000. The front scan looked fine, too. When it arrived today, the back was badly cracked. A little cardboard could have prevented that...lazy!! Anyway, there is now also an eyelash inside the slab on the right side out from his hat that was not in the scan. In looking at the scans, would you guys just pay to have it reholdered, or would you send it back? The seller is one of those no returns guys. When I messaged him, it was the classic "It wasn't that way when I mailed it." He didn't know how the eyelash got there. I let him know that cardboard could have fixed the crack. But something just doesn't seem right, and I am getting a little spooked. Am I overthinking it? Does the slab look okay? Would you just pay $8 and it have reslabbed and move on?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1989 UD Griffey PSA 10.jpg (75.9 KB, 734 views)
File Type: jpg Scan_20190406 (2).jpg (74.5 KB, 740 views)
File Type: jpg Scan_20190406 (4).jpg (73.9 KB, 731 views)
Old 04-06-2019, 09:08 PM
Peter Spaeth

File a return.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:24 PM
Eric Bea.chley

Not a chance that I would keep it as is. I would regret the purchase every single time I looked at it. Would throw it away and have less regret.

Return it. The seller did not deliver the item you purchased. The fact that you are even considering keeping it is a terrible idea. Every time someone accepts crap like that is reason for sellers to continue their bad ways.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:27 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

I agree. Thanks for the feedback. I wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. I filed a return under damaged and noted my concern about the eyelash showing up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2019, 09:43 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Absolutley

return - item not as described! - If it was there before hand needed to be disclosed. If it happened from poor packaging - you did not receive what you paid for!!! Not even a second thought - return!
Old 04-06-2019, 09:47 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
I agree. Thanks for the feedback. I wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. I filed a return under damaged and noted my concern about the eyelash showing up.

Million of those out there don't take one with a damaged holder, easy call.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:23 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

The ebay rep I just spoke with said I won't have any trouble obtaining a refund. Now I just want to get this done and over with. I have been sheltered in that I have never had an issue like this until now. Anyway thanks again, guys.

Last edited by vintagebaseballcardguy; 04-06-2019 at 10:23 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:42 PM
Frank Evanov

Default Easy

The seller did not deliver the item to you in the condition which it was described. EBAY will make it right.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:53 PM
Ben
ben tay/lor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
I received this PSA 10 Griffey rookie today. When I purchased it from ebay, there was no back scan. The seller has 100% feedback and over 10,000. The front scan looked fine, too. When it arrived today, the back was badly cracked. A little cardboard could have prevented that...lazy!! Anyway, there is now also an eyelash inside the slab on the right side out from his hat that was not in the scan. In looking at the scans, would you guys just pay to have it reholdered, or would you send it back? The seller is one of those no returns guys. When I messaged him, it was the classic "It wasn't that way when I mailed it." He didn't know how the eyelash got there. I let him know that cardboard could have fixed the crack. But something just doesn't seem right, and I am getting a little spooked. Am I overthinking it? Does the slab look okay? Would you just pay $8 and it have reslabbed and move on?
It's gotta go back
Old 04-07-2019, 04:11 AM
Adam Yastrzemski

Bubble mailers are a gamble. I use them for toploads with cards up to $50. Putting slabs in to go through the usps machines can have results like yours (cardboard would only make the package bulkier). The seller should have used a box to adequately protect the card inside. Since he didn’t, I’m glad you decided to return it. Let him pay to reholder it and you can buy another.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:25 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Send it back...
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 04-07-2019, 08:42 AM
Rob

Whether or not an ebay seller accepts returns really doesn't mean much. I've returned several items over the last couple of years from "No returns" sellers and never had an issue. Sellers know which side eBay is going to agree with and typically say uncle pretty quickly after a little initial bluster. I guarantee the seller becomes much more cooperative once you officially file the claim.
Old 04-07-2019, 08:59 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
Whether or not an ebay seller accepts returns really doesn't mean much. I've returned several items over the last couple of years from "No returns" sellers and never had an issue. Sellers know which side eBay is going to agree with and typically say uncle pretty quickly after a little initial bluster. I guarantee the seller becomes much more cooperative once you officially file the claim.
This guy is going to go kicking and screaming it looks like. I will probably have to wait it out until Friday and have Ebay take over. It would be better for this to be wrapped up more quickly, but I can wait a few days I guess. Ebay has assured me it will be ok.

Old 04-07-2019, 10:07 AM
octavio ranzola

Send that baby back
Old 04-07-2019, 04:47 PM
Ben

send it back.... you can find psa 10's all day, everyday. shouldn't be too hard to just buy another one from a reputable seller
Old 04-07-2019, 08:40 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
Sellers are required to accept returns for a not as described. They can't simply refuse a "not as described" return.

Last edited by Tabe; 04-07-2019 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-08-2019, 04:58 AM
Glyn Parson

Rehoused for $8. Move on. That said seller should pay but if he didn’t I’d just do as I said and never buy from seller again.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:07 AM
Adam Yastrzemski

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
Rehoused for $8. Move on. That said seller should pay but if he didn’t I’d just do as I said and never buy from seller again.
No way I would do that. $8 + shipping to and from = about $20. You will get it back in about 2 months. Then if you find out that the case was cracked open and the card was replaced you have no recourse because the 30 days to return has expired. The seller was lazy and shipped carelessly and should have to have all of that work done himself. Then next time he won't send his card out in a bubble mailer.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:57 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

I have sent thousands of graded cards using bubble mailers and had only 1 damaged card. I've also used boxes and had a graded card damaged when something very heavy was dropped on it somewhere along the route.

Regardless of how the card was sent, if it arrives damaged then the seller is responsible. That is why they should be taking insurance.
Send it back and make sure that you follow eBay's instructions. eBay will make sure that you get your refund.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 04-08-2019, 07:08 AM
Adam Yastrzemski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
I have sent thousands of graded cards using bubble mailers and had only 1 damaged card. I've also used boxes and had a graded card damaged when something very heavy was dropped on it somewhere along the route.

Regardless of how the card was sent, if it arrives damaged then the seller is responsible. That is why they should be taking insurance.
Send it back and make sure that you follow eBay's instructions. eBay will make sure that you get your refund.
2 of the last 3 packages with slabs I received in the mail in bubble mailers were cracked.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:17 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yastrzemski Sports View Post
2 of the last 3 packages with slabs I received in the mail in bubble mailers were cracked.

Not from me.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 04-08-2019, 11:04 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Lazy seller has no choice in the matter. Ebay will force the refund if he fails to comply. Hopefully he learns a lesson, but probably won't.

I've received many damaged cards from sellers who have failed to use cardboard, and they always insist their packaging was sufficient. Never any remorse... just defiance and denial.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:47 AM
Dave Foster

After this is surely resolved in your favor . . . drop a NEG on his arse!
Old 04-08-2019, 12:46 PM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post

Same here. Hundreds of graded cards shipped with cardboard on each side in bubble envelopes. Not a single damaged card. I do take on the extra expense and typically send $100+ cards in a small rate priority mail box...also with cardboard and extra bubble wrap. The only "damaged" claim I got was from a guy who I believe was cherry picking a group of cards that I sent. Packed in a cardboard box tightly, then that box inside a medium flat rate box with lots of packing peanuts. How only 2-3 of the cards could have arrived with "cloudy" edges to the cases is nearly impossible.
Anyhow, you should have no problem getting your refund and as others have said, it should not be your responsibility or your dime to pay to have it reholdered.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:21 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclpads View Post
After this is surely resolved in your favor . . . drop a NEG on his arse!
When I do that, sometimes, it gives me bad karma . I try to just move on but admittedly sometimes it is difficult.