NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-14-2008, 12:38 AM
Administrator

Default Rare Ball??

Posted By: jonathankilroy

I came across this on Ebay. What do you think it's worth? It has to be rare.

http://tinyurl.com/39tv7w

Old 03-14-2008, 04:42 AM
Administrator

Default Rare Ball??

Posted By: dennis

are you the seller?

Old 03-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Default Rare Ball??

Posted By: Rhys

I wouldn't pay a dollar for anything with Rosie O'Donnell's signature on it. I guess to the right person it is worth maybe $300-$400, or about 10% of what the seller is praying to get.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Default Rare Ball??

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

Somebody is smoking rope if they think that'll sell for more than $300-$400 MAXXXXXX..............

There's no crying in ebay...........

Old 03-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Default Rare Ball??

Posted By: fkw

Rare still needs some who wants it.......

Where is the Madonna signature??

Because its on a fake leather ball and they used the wrong pen... worth about 1/20 of the asking price IMO

Old 03-16-2008, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Default Rare Ball??

Posted By: fkw

Jonathan, I told you my opinion...

No need for you to email me at home and tell me to Open My F**ken Eyes.

I did.... and I see your ball is a cheap plastic covered toy ball scribbled with unreadable sharpie pen ink. Not interesting at all, and with low demand, IMO

The 1/20 was generous, I wouldnt pay $20 for it.

If you had a real ball signed by the real 1940 Womans League players, thats a completely different story. Not some modern toy ball signed by one good actor and a bunch of B actors, woopy do.

Go troll your item on the eBay B-Actor Scribble Collector Board

PS Madonna is NOT on the sweet spot.

Old 03-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Default Rare Ball??

Posted By: Dan Bretta

So the original poster is the owner of the ball? And he just happened to run across it on ebay? Did someone steal it from him?

Old 03-16-2008, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Default Rare Ball??

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

he's here in louisville. I remember when the movie came out, they shot some scenes somewhere near here at a college baseball field. Can't remember where. There were a lot of people that were extras from the area. I can believe it's real but as Frank said, it's a crappy ball, not even a $12 official MLB, the signatures are in black sharpie. $300-$400 was REALLY generous........

Old 03-17-2008, 01:31 AM
Administrator

Default Rare Ball??

Posted By: Dennis Johnson

Who cares? The ball isn't anything too impressive, but to sit here and bash someone that was just curious about the ball seems a bit ridiculous! You all should seriously find something better to do with your time. It doesn't surprise me that the guy sent you a rude email. You seem like a prick and I would probably do the same! To say that ball is worth $20 simply shows how ignorant you people are. The ball has to be worth more than that.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Default Rare Ball??

Dennis

He did not just come on here and say "I found this ball whats it worth", he pretended dishonestly to "stumble" across the ball even though he was the seller. Promoting your own items on this forum is against the rules and to try and veil it behind ignorance is pretty transparant and ignorant. I dont think anyone on this forum was out of line one bit considering what his intentions were and there was NO language or comments made which deserved a private e mail dropping the F bomb on someone. If he had been honest and starightforward from the beginning, people would have been constructive and friendly, but I see nothing wrong with what anybody on here did. Maybe you should think of something better to do with your time than stick up for random people who are shady and dishonest in their intentions.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Default Rare Ball??

Posted By: davidcycleback

I wouldn't be surprised if a Madonna single signed baseball might be worth over $100.

Actually, a baseball signed by the cast of a movie, any movie, is uncommon. If the signatures are authentic, this is not a common item.

I remember the episode of South Park where Rosie O'Donnell visits the elementary school class and the teacher says, "Run kids! I'll try and fight it off!"

Old 03-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Default Rare Ball??

Posted By: Dennis Johnson

"He did not just come on here and say "I found this ball whats it worth", he pretended dishonestly to "stumble" across the ball even though he was the seller".

Rhys, How do you know that the person posting this was the seller? Did he say he was the seller? No, and I sure don't see any signs of that in this post. For the record I have actually bought from this seller. It was a very expensive item too and I know that his name was not Jonathan Kilroy. I do remember the seller's name, but I won't post it here. I remember talking to him on the phone several times trying to agree on a price, and he seemed like a very nice guy. With that being said, I agree with David that the ball is worth something and has to be somewhat of a rare item, but to jump all over a seller that probably has no clue of any of this is just plain wrong! Maybe the person who started the thread was actually curious as to what the ball might have been worth. Did you ever consider that?

Old 03-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Default Rare Ball??

Dennis

Read Franks post. He said Johnathan e mailed him and dropped the F Bomb and was pissed off. Sounds like he was the seller to me.

For the record, I was not mean when I responded and gave him an actual estimate when he asked. But sending swear word laden e mails to people for any reason is uncalled for and regardless of what else he did or did not do, the e mail he sent to Frank justified whatever subsequent posts were directed to him. Nobody else used language like that so he is the one who should be on here defending his actions, not us.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:12 AM
Administrator

Default Rare Ball??

Posted By: Mark

I completely agree with Rhys, and am at a loss as to how anyone could defend the person who originally posted here. Even if he was not the seller (which is a big "if") there was no excuse for the defamatory personal email he sent to FKW.

For whatever reason, it appears the original poster was trying to drum up some "indiscreet" interest in this modern piece and then acted irrationally (and completely without morals) when the forum failed to share in his excitement about the ball.

This is a VINTAGE memorabilia forum, and it does not surprise me that this vinyl ball failed to inspire any true interest here.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:24 AM
Administrator

Default Rare Ball??

Posted By: leon

Looks like our friend Dennis is the original poster. I hate it when IP addresses show up on the back end that I can see. I figured it was him but just confirmed it. Both IP addresses are the same equal same person. This was so obvious.......'Dem idiots ain't too smart.....regards

Old 03-18-2008, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Default Rare Ball??

Posted By: Jodi Birkholm

In that case, it's nice to know that Dennis found out that he was a nice guy when talking to himself on the phone.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Default Rare Ball??

Posted By: Brock G.

So let me see if I follow correctly- The original poster, Johnathan, is also the seller/owner, who stumbled across the ball on ebay and was curious as to the value. Jonathan is also Dennis. Dennis does not like hearing the ball that Jonathan happened upon on ebay is not very valuable and defends Jonathan and the seller, both of which are actually Dennis. Dennis has bought from the seller before and says he is a nice guy but says Jonathan is not the seller. So would that make Dennis, who is also Jonathan, the name of the seller? Am I missing anything or is that pretty much what has taken place in this thread?

Old 03-18-2008, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Default Rare Ball??

Posted By: leon

You pretty much nailed it. For the record I always find myself hard to deal with when I am dealing with myself. I don't defend myself well either when I am defending.....well, myself. This gets so confusing.....If people would just be honest up front we woudn't have to get into the the schizophrenia way of thinking...Had the original poster said something like "I have this ball signed by some celebrities with very good provenance and can ya'll tell me what you think it might be worth?"......he would have done a whole lot better....regards

Old 03-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Default Rare Ball??

Posted By: Jodi Birkholm

Yeah, how is that so hard? A very odd pattern of behavior simply to find out the value of an item. Why feel the need to cloak this in secrecy?