NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Default Why Couldn't it have been Dom?

Posted By: Greg Theberge

I'm not sure if this flew under the radar, closing at three thirty on a Monday, but was somewhat surprised to pick up this neat piece:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140213106803&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=004

Of course, I bought this because of the Hanley Ale bulldog, but just how the hell am I going to get this one past my wife? Good Lord, a Yankee item in my house!?!?. Guess what side's going to be displayed...

At least it went cheap.

Greg

Old 03-10-2008, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: scgaynor

That was cheap! At least tell your wife that if it were Ted Williams it would have been like 10X more expensive.

Scott

Old 03-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Collectibles.Trading Cards.Other Non-sports??? Ending on a Monday afternoon.

Huge score Greg!!!!

Congrats.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike H

That is AWESOME Greg! What is the size? I love Dimaggio and that image is as cool as they come.

I can't believe you would trick your wife like that!!! To ease your pain and the guilt which will gnaw at you the rest of your days, I (being a good guy) will purchase it from you. Just send me the details.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Hey guys,

This should be a somewhat interesting piece when I get it. I really got it for the Hanley ad, sad as that may sound. It's the only non-Red Sox-Braves-Providence Grays baseball item in the beer collection. Things are just going downhill when you ad a Yankees piece

By the way... if you ever want to see the beer collection, I just completed our website. It's now online at:

www.rhodeislandbreweryhistory.com

There's a few baseball things in there. Eventually, I'm going to incorporate something on the Sox. I just missed a couple of Sox Narragansett schedules that went for silly money. I've seen these things for years. Of course, when I finally start thinking of adding them to the collection....

Speaking of the Sox.....spring training isn't looking too attractive right now.

Greg

Old 03-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brock G.

Greg,
I just checked out your new website and really enjoyed looking at your impressive collection. Although I dont collect beer/brewery related memorabilia I do have an interest in it, as I myself am a third generation brewery worker.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Max Weder

Greg

If I recall correctly, Joe was almost a Red Sox, as a Ted for Joe trade was once very near completion.

On the other hand, when I saw your message title, I expected Perignon, not Dimaggio as the subject matter.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Brock,

What brewery do you work for???

Max,

Yes, was talking about Joe's little brother - the one who played for the good guys

Old 03-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brock G.

Greg,
I work at the Anheuser Busch brewery in Jacksonville Fl. I currently work there part time while in school. My older brother and father work there as well, and my grandfather retired from AB about 10 years ago. I dont have to tell you what our dinner table conversations revolve around.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Brock,

While I'm more of an ale drinker, there's nothing like an ice cold Bud longneck every now and then. Had a couple just last Saturday as a matter of fact.

If your family wants to adopt a 46 year old, I'll send you the paperwork

Greg

Old 03-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Fred Y

Hi Greg--

Just looked over your website. Could find no reference to Hope beer. I know it wasn't brewed in RI, but they did have their warehouse here and their beer was intended to be brewed here but just never happened.

I live in Cumberland and ran a bar downtown Prov for 10 yrs--Hope's Bar on Washington St---and yes, we carried Hope beer on tap & in bottles!

Old 03-12-2008, 05:07 AM
Administrator

Hi Fred,

If you ever want to see the collection, let me know.

Thanks for thinking of Hope. I specifically did not put it in there because I never really felt it was a Rhode Island beer as it was never brewed here. Neither was the Greater Providence
Beer Company that never did get off the ground about ten years back. Matter of fact, this new Narragansett beer isn't a Rhode Island beer either, but I hear there are plans to bring it back to Rhode Island so maybe some day it will be.

All the best,
Greg