NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-09-2014, 07:20 AM
Steven H.

Default My 6 Month Mark

I'm bored on a Saturday morning waiting for my wife to finish her 17 mile run. After National last week I'm going through withdraws of spending entire days looking at cards and memorabilia. The best way to solve this is thanking those on the board who have helped with with my collection these past six months. I've spent waaaay to much month, my house has cards in every room, my knowledge has grown greatly in the prewar era, and I've finally focused on what I want my collection to look like in the next few years.

I joined this forum the beginning of the year after returning to the hobby from a 10+ year hiatus. Never owned a prewar card and only knew where half of my childhood 88-98 cards were at (big money in those cards ).

Started with a 1934 Goudey set until a fellow member OldJudge sold me my first OJ. Now I'm at 26 OJS and counting . Thanks to the members that sold me these cards, you've kept the bank account at its lowest levels since I was in college .

Bought some mixed prewar lots in REA and Lelands to get a feel for some other sets. Some I like, some I didn't. The ones I didn't like have been consigned and sold by Sterling (great to work with).

National has helped tune my collection to get a better mix of prewar and postwar cards. I'm sticking with my Columbus Solon OJs, going to get my hands dirty with a T206 Cincinnati team set (going to get as many different backs as possible without breaking the bank), looking for my first Cracker Jacks for a 1914 & 1915 Yankees team set, 1933 & 1934 Goudey Cleveland Indians team set (minus LaJoie), and I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a 1953 or 1956 Topps complete set (leaning very heavy to the 1956 set thanks to some feedback in the postwar forum).

Okay, now that I've bored you on a Saturday morning enjoy the rest of the day.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me these last 6 months, its been a blast!!

Steven
Pre-1950 Cuban Cards: Focus on Billiken, Macionales, & Aguilitas
Old 08-09-2014, 07:50 AM
Jesse

Steve I got to say I have watched your collection mature very quickly. Its amazing how quick a hobby can change into an addiction. Keep plugging away on your goals. Although, I hope you stay very far away from the 34 Goudeys until I complete my set haha. But its fun when you look back and see what you have learned and gathered over a short period of time.

Hopefully in one of these years to come will meet at a national show and have a few good laughs. I myself have been looking to do new things as well. Tough though when you do more than one thing at a time, you end up putting one of them on hold. Anyway, best of luck in the future doings of your set and again stay away from the 34 Goudeys, you've been warned lol.

Last edited by kamikidEFFL; 08-09-2014 at 07:53 AM.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:04 PM
Barry Arnold

Default steve

congrats on quite an impressive 6 months and
on having a wife who can run 17 miles!!
best,
barry