NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-15-2006, 10:38 PM
Administrator

Default Northwest (Seattle) call for traders!

Posted By: Russ Bright

As caramelcard pointed out, we NEED a NW trading group, there isn't a good vintage one out there, any one can e-mail me and we'll see what we can do to get something going, I saw there was a good show in Jantzen beach, OR this last weekend, and the Totem Lake (kirkland) one is this coming weekend...

i collect mainly T205's but am open to anything, respond here or e-mail me "my handle"@hotmail.com and we can try to get something started!

I just recently started collecting vintage cards and I am SO in love with the cards and the history! hopefully we can all learn from eachother and have our collections grow...

or trade the same 5 or 6 cards between us, whatever's clever... lol

Old 05-15-2006, 11:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JimB

I would definately be interested in meeting others in the area. I am in Portland.
JimB

Old 05-15-2006, 11:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

I live in West Seattle and would attend.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: robert a

Where would be a good spot?
Maybe the Seattle Center show in June?

That's probably not the most convenient for Jim B though (hi jim).

Russ, the Tacoma Dome show is pretty good at times too. There should be one in June as well.

rob

Old 05-16-2006, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

What is the best show in the northwest for pre-war cards in y'all's opinion and when is it?

Old 05-16-2006, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: robert

Bob,
Mark Macrae sets up at the Tacoma Dome shows (3 times a year) and the annual (i believe) show downtown at Seattle Center. So most vintage collectors probably make the trek to chat with Mark and check out his inventory.

There's really not much else at these shows for vintage collectors.
In fact, last time a friend and myself set up our own table to make it more interesting. It was fun meeting other vintage collectors from around the NW.

rob

Old 05-16-2006, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: drc

The Seattle show is in a nice spot. It's the same spot that has the Space Needle, Paul Allen's Experience Music Project, home of the Supersonics and a nice park. Even if the cards suck, there's other stuff to do.

Old 05-16-2006, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark Macrae

Get involved with WSSCA (Washington State Sports Collectors Association). It is one of (if not THE) longest operating Sports Collector's Clubs in existance (More than 30 years) . There are monthly meetings in Seattle. Additionally, there are numerous advanced collectors in the area. Many are very private and deal with only a few individuals, others will occasionally attend the established shows in the area .........Tacoma Dome 4 times a year or the annual "Club Show" in Seattle....( NOTE : The 34th Annual Washington State Sports Collectors show will be held at Seattle Center, in Seattle on June 3 & 4 ). ......By the way Robert, Thanks for the plug on me setting up there. I'm not the only one that brings old stuff....I just buy most of it before you get there...

Old 05-16-2006, 05:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: robert

I believe that Mark...and somehow I have a feeling there's nothing I can do about it.

Old 05-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Andrew

Mark makes a good point about WSSCA. There have been once a month meetings for years, so the structure is in place for b/s/t and great stories. Members have a wide variety of interests, i.e. football and basketball as well as baseball. Usually about 10-20 people attend each meeting. I am a pre-war fanatic, but there are only a few other members with a strong interest in pre-war issues. It would be great to get more people attending who are interested in pre-war. Afterall, right now there is no club at all focusing on pre-war issues in the Seattle area. I joined a couple months ago, and I am by far the youngest member at age 29. An infusion of young blood would be great for the club.

Old 05-16-2006, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

I'll definitely be at the "Club Show" in June (I've been going to them almost as long as Mark has!).

June 3-4 is coming up fast. I was planning on attending on the 3rd myself.

Keep me in the loop.

Jeff

Old 05-16-2006, 10:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Lindholme

I've been known to make the trek to Tacoma to attend the quarterly Dome shows, mostly to meet friends and buy Old Baseball Cards (shameless plug for OBC)

Many of Mark's purchases have later become my purchases and visiting with him remains one of the best parts of the trip (along with doubleheader MLB games on my XM radio !!)

I think I'll be there on June 3rd in Seattle. Perhaps a chance to meet some new faces and match them to names seen on this board.

I hope to make the drive starting Friday afternoon so that I'm fresh for those Seattle experiences from a previous post. We've got Mariners Tix vs KC as well.

Brian L
familytoad

Old 05-17-2006, 10:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark Macrae

Robert, Jeff, Brian & Andrew..... If you guys want to set up a time to meet each other at my table at the "Club Show", thats fine by me.... There are only about 50 tables this year so nobody should have a difficult time hooking up....

Old 05-17-2006, 11:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Max Weder

I'll be there as well, as long as Jeff (and other) doesn't drag me to the usual fine dining spot

Max

Old 05-18-2006, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Russ Bright

there's a card show this weekend (20th and 21st) ath the Everett Mall, does anyone know if it's worth going to? My mom lives in Mukiltio so I'm going to visit her and be close to the mall to check out the tables, should I bring money or just look?

if anyone's there we could meet up?

Old 05-20-2006, 02:16 AM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

I'll be at the Seattle show on June 3rd, and hope to meet others there.

Old 05-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Obermeyer

Max, I promise I'll take you out for backbacon, some Tim Horton's Tim Bits and a sixer of Molson if you come down to Seattle.