NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-17-2006, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Default Any positive things about Lelands??

Posted By: Scott Bob

I have heard a lot of positive things about Robert Edward Auction and Mastro Auction. Does anyone has any positive things to say about Lelands? Based on my experiences, they never sent me stuffs that I won early (they normally hold my checks for 15 days). Does anyone receive their stuffs a lot earlier than expected? How quick do they pay their consignors?

Old 05-17-2006, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Posted By: andy becker

i got my lot pretty quickly. i paid by money order and got a shipment back within ten days from when i mailed the money order.

this is the first lot of cards that i have won from lelands.....i may have won other items.....but this is the first card lot.

in my lot, some cards were graded and more were raw.
i will be checking the raw condition cards for grade accuracy tonight.

i will update the board with my findings.

Old 05-17-2006, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

As a buyer I have been surprised at the lack of knowledge of the items I've purchased. Had I been a consignor on those lots I would have been very ticked off at the results. As a consignor, I was disappointed in the results I obtained.

Old 05-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: drc

I've won memorabilia lots several times over the last several years from Leland's and have been satisfied with everything I won. Never had any shipping problems. Most big auction houses take extra time to ship, so I wouldn't worry if a package is late compared to eBay.

Old 05-17-2006, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan

Joshua Lelands Evans is on "Cold Pizza" (ESPN 2) tomorrow morning at 11:30am EST. Not sure what he's discussing...

Old 05-17-2006, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I have bought from them a few times and had no issues....

Old 05-19-2006, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

from them over the years and sold them some stuff too.

Unfortunately, I sold Mike Heffner a 1936 Kentucky Derby program autographed by Babe Ruth on the cover for about $600. It was in pencil and it was about 1995, so it was a decent price for it and I only paid about $200 but BOY I wish I had that back.

I've bought from them 5-6 times with no problems on that end but I'd agree with Adam that what I got were really pretty good bargains. Best was a lot of about 200 autographed TCMA postcards that included 5-10 of each card including Mantle and DiMaggio auto's, Musial, Williams and many more. Only paid about $600-$700 for the lot. Probably got about $5-$6K for all those cards. That was a LONG time ago. Also won some nice PM1's from them in last 3-5 years. Nothing too recent.

Never consigned anything.......

Old 05-19-2006, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Cat

I have bought from them. The service was great.

Old 05-19-2006, 02:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

I've purchased things from them and they were very cordial. I'm sure that there's lots of nice things that can be said.

Old 05-19-2006, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Wesley

I have dealt with Lelands and thought their service was great. Also Mr. Evans went out of his way to help me locate some items and I really appreciated that.