NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-30-2002, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Default darn it.......didn't mean to win !!

Posted By: leon

Anyone ever bid on something and didn't really want to win it? I won the heavily bid on E94 overprint today....thought I would get beat out but NOOOOOO....oh well, about 6 more and I will have a complete set of them regards all....

Old 09-30-2002, 07:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Cornell

Hey Leon -

Anyone brave enough to deny vendomecat is due for a Greater Reward down the road - that guy is like the '85 Bears of bidders. Excuse me while I go write "Blome's" on the back of all my cards...

Old 09-30-2002, 09:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kevin Cummings

Just curious. He sure has been bidding early and often lately.

Old 10-01-2002, 06:00 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hi Kevin

His name is Mike Shwartz. He's a great buyer and collector from New Orleans.
later brian

Old 10-01-2002, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

I've had several good dealings with him, as well as e-mail exchanges discussing vintage cards.

Old 10-01-2002, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: David

Leon, on a tangent .... In one of the older MastroNet auctions, when you would type in your bid, I accidentally added an extra digit to my bid with about 10 minutes left ... I was sweating it out, but luckly no one bid in the last couple of minutes. I suspect MastroNet changed the bidding system as others had similar experiences.

Old 10-01-2002, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: James/jverri01

Mike is a serious collector and a phenomenal person.

I am more than happy to speak positively about him. I have every reason to. We have completed numerous transactions, and he is ALWAYS fast to pay. A number of the transactions we've done have been for several thousand dollars, so, I cannot imagine anyone ever having trouble with him.

He's a great person to know.

James Verrill

Old 10-01-2002, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: B C Daniels

giant post card collection!

Old 10-01-2002, 01:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

You can always sell me the Blomes back for $375 which is what it should have sold for anyway

Old 10-01-2002, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

My luck I would put it back on ebay and it WOULD BRING $375.00.....I am the worst friggin (@you) dealer in the world......oh well....at least I have fun .....sort of.....would be nice to win one (good buy) once in a while.....but no....then I would break my streak.....even the stock market is starting to sound good to me....but, at least if I make a mistake on an $800 card it isn't as bad as a mistake on a a really expensive card....always amazes me to se e those PSA 8 Ruth's go so high....I mean you could spend 20k on one, consign it, and get 15k....that would be a bummer.........regards all