NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default Ebay feedback conundrum

Hi All:

Can anyone explain the feedback profile for ebay ID yophillytwo? See:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...&mPg=22&page=4

Of his last 800 feedbacks appox 786 are from the same seller, krukcards.

And that is just last 800. There are more from krukcards earlier.

Other than the obvious, that this buyer only buys from krukcards, what else could be going on here?

Never seen anything like this before. Any thoughts?
Old 09-24-2011, 08:45 PM
Alan U

Kruk sells a lot of single cards, he could have just been picking up cards to complete some sets.

Last edited by alanu; 09-24-2011 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Nope. If you look at his bidder list it is for all types of things in all sports. Cards, autographs, memorabilia, etc.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:11 PM
Steven

idk about the buyer, but ive had 1 transcaction w/ kruk cards and its was very negative....absolutely screwed on a "55 topps starter lot ex"...most cards were gd-vg at best and refund denied from 2004...thats all i got boss
Old 09-24-2011, 09:17 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Kruk is one of the biggest shillers on eBay. This is probably just one of his shill accounts. In fact, there was a very detailed, informative thread about it over on CU until the mods took it down because Krook is one of their advertisers.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Dave

Maybe a flea market dealer buying lots of junk wax.

I went through a Kruk phase before, buying lots of old oddball junk wax 'cause I thought it was kind of neat.

Mistakes were pretty common. Found more then 1 unopened box that was just a bunch of opened packs stuffed into a box. They made good on them, but I found it unusual they lacked much quality control, since it seemed to happen with just about every order I got from them.

I don't think it was devious because it was really cheap stuff, just careless.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:41 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Kruk is one of the biggest shillers on eBay. This is probably just one of his shill accounts. In fact, there was a very detailed, informative thread about it over on CU until the mods took it down because Krook is one of their advertisers.
I thought about it being a shill account, but wouldn't Krukcards have to pay final value fees to ebay? What's the sense of that?
Old 09-24-2011, 10:48 PM
David Ros.enberg

Last edited by DJR; 07-31-2016 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:00 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
I thought about it being a shill account, but wouldn't Krukcards have to pay final value fees to ebay? What's the sense of that?
You can leave feedback after or before a transaction has been canceled. This is a 100% shill account, no buyer is that loyal to a seller. I would report to ebay, criminal charges can be brought for this type of fraud.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:02 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR View Post
Incorrect! Mutually agreeing to cancel a transaction purges the final value fees. In this case it looks legit, due to many BuyItNow purchases. However, I have had negative experiences with Kruk.

http://forums.collectors.com/message...hreadid=831330
After 600+ transactions cancelled with the same buyer, wouldn't that raise a red flag with ebay and they would do SOMETHING? After all they are losing $$$ in the deal.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:18 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Default I know that Kruk guy.

I met him years and years ago at tally hall in michigan, cool old store. Kruk was P.O.ed because I just bought the dealers whole 52 high number stash, for 5 bucks each and Kruk was whinning about it. He's a jerk. dave
Old 09-24-2011, 11:29 PM
David Ros.enberg

Last edited by DJR; 07-31-2016 at 07:32 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:40 AM

Quote:
After 600+ transactions cancelled with the same buyer, wouldn't that raise a red flag with ebay and they would do SOMETHING? After all they are losing $$$ in the deal.
eBay isn't complaining. Shilling increases the prices and the guy has probably paid eBay tens of thousands in fees. They turn a blind eye to things like this.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
eBay isn't complaining. Shilling increases the prices and the guy has probably paid eBay tens of thousands in fees. They turn a blind eye to things like this.
Bingo!

& This is whats killin the American way!
Old 09-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Jeff Emerson

Why would a shill purchase items out of the store inventory with BIN.
What is gained by that?
Old 09-25-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsets4u View Post
Why would a shill purchase items out of the store inventory with BIN.
What is gained by that?
Cancel transaction = listing fees refunded

Unlikely, but maybe.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
But WHY would Krukcards pay all the fees if the items are not selling???? Since all these feedbacks are from the same guy (shiller) they are NOT being sold. So what advantage does krukcards have in doing this, not selling the lots AND paying the fees?
Old 09-25-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
But WHY would Krukcards pay all the fees if the items are not selling???? Since all these feedbacks are from the same guy (shiller) they are NOT being sold. So what advantage does krukcards have in doing this, not selling the lots AND paying the fees?
It has been suggested that they're canceling the transactions. Not sure if you can leave feedback if you do that. I wouldn't be so sure it is a shiller. Have any of the cards been resold?
Old 09-26-2011, 06:35 PM
JB

Default Ebay sucks!

and do not get me started on the damn feedback policy,they just want their money period!!!!

Successful transactions with: HRBAKER, CHADDURBIN,DRDDUET,DOUBLEP,T213, RM444, MJSILVEY80, CHARLIETHEEXTERMINATOR,QUINNSRYCHE,PROFHOLT82,EJST EL,OHIOCARDCOLLECTOR
Old 09-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Tim Sanders

Default Wish I read this earlier.

Long story short...They also appear to operate as Kruk Singles.

I bought a card.
Forgot to pay for a day.
Got an e-mail to please pay.
Three days later got an e-mail that they don't actually have the card (that they just recently placed on sale no less) and they are cancelling the transaction.
Asked for my refund (after waiting two days from the cancellation request).
Was told "The refund will be coming some time next week. We only do them once a week for security."

Come on really... never again! And watch out...they could have another different account.