NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-28-2006, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Default Trimmed? and price

Posted By: Pete Z.

The card shop owner's rock bottom price is $600 for this card. I'm concerned about the right edge. Is this a good price even if the right edge is trimmed? Is there a chance that the right edge is not trimmed?
Thanks in advance,
Pete

Old 05-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim F

Not sure on the price but 3 if not all 4 edges have been filed down. Jim.

Old 05-28-2006, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: David Vargha

Paper loss on the front as well . . .

DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Old 05-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Posted By: joe

Hello HockeyJim, just curious how can you tell from a scan that sides are filed down? I sure would like to be able to see that. The right side does looked trimmed.

Thanks joe

Old 05-28-2006, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim F

You're right. It is hard to tell from a scan. The wear on the corners is not right. They are round but but come to an abrupt end with sharp edges. The bottum edge looks to be filed on an angle as the cut appears to be partially facing the scanner and not straight downward. I am by no means an expert on this set and it could just be the scan. I may be wrong on the bevelled edge because of the scan but the corners aren't right at all. Jim

Old 05-28-2006, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

On front scan, the bottom and right edges have a white look to them, like they've been trimmed. The scan of the back shows that for the top and bottom.

So I think these guys are telling you right, that 3 sides might have been cut back a bit.

That is not necessarily a reason to not buy the card.

I would not do this, but so many board guys are so caught up with grading, why not tell the guy that if he'll send the card for grading and it grades, you'll pay $650 plus the grading cost... if it doesn't grade then you don't have to purchase.

Old 05-28-2006, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

The way you can tell this card is trimmed is that the wear and damage to coners is consistant with the condition of the corners. The lower left looks as if it took a hard hit at one time, yet is very sharp now. I's agree that most likely at least 3 sides are trimmed.

Jay

Growing old is not optional, growing up is.

Old 07-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Pete Z.

I just got the Sunday card back from SGC in an AUT holder - my friend bought it (you guys called it!). He's now interested in trading it for a card of mine that I have $400-500 into (a '39 play ball Williams psa 2). Plus he's willing to throw in a n172 o'day card that's in fr-gd condition. A fair trade? Would anyone venture a guess as to what the Sunday card in an AUT holder would sell for on ebay? $100-200? $200-300?

Thanks,
Pete

P.S. I definitely would have been more motivated if the Sunday card got a number grade.

Old 07-09-2006, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: V117Collector

Sent it to PSA, I'm sure you'll get VgEx 4!