NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-22-2007, 06:47 AM
Administrator

Default STADIUM related "Goodies"....how about your's ?

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

As a kid in the 1950's....I recall seeing these signs on my way to Yankee Stadium and the Polo Grounds.

The reverse has the lettering....."NO BASEBALL GAME TODAY".

What kind of Stadium related "goodies" do you guys have ?

TED Z

sorry about the cropping, the sign was too large.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

All I ever get from the Dodgers is a lousy towel, blanket or calendar.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh Adams

I have a brick from Old Comiskey Park, with green,blue, and red paint. Very beautiful. I also have a chair, and a sign that says "Rows XX, YY, ZZ." I loved that place.

While not baseball related, I also have a brick from Chicago Stadium, along with a sign that hung in the main concourse that said "Mezzanine" with an arrow pointing up. The Old Barn Rocked. Always looking for new pieces to add.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason L

about the old Stadium...
I had the great fortune to see a Bulls-Knicks game in 1986, first row behind the hockey rink wall at one corner of the court...Bulls pulled it out late, if I remember correctly...the place was rocking so loud, I thought it was going to come down on top of me...and I was loving every minute of it!!!
what a great old building that was...

I never had the good fortune to make it to the old Comsikey Park...although, my feelings towards the Sox being what they are, I don't particularly mind!

Go Cubs!

Old 02-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: joe

Seats from Navin field/Briggs/Tiger Stadium.

Joe

Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!

Old 02-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Clint

Farm club from the 50's

Old 02-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob Dewolf

A brick from Cleveland's League Park.

Fast foward 50 years or so ... While at Game 5 of the 1995 World Series, I was walking in the concourse of Jacobs Field and saw the sign below at a vendor's cart that was selling $7 coffees and hot chocolates. I loved the sign and asked the guy if I could have it. He said he couldn't give it to me right then (no surprise), but he took my name and address and said he'd be in touch after the Series. Needless to say, I was more than a little skeptical. That November I got a call, and a week later this was in my collection. Great memory.

Old 02-22-2007, 03:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T E

Was unfortunately cut down to serve as backing for a dopey Norman Rockwell...

Old 02-22-2007, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: craig lankford

i have a single seats from Navin field/Briggs/Tiger Stadium, like joes. last year i picked up a row of 4 seat removed from sec saylor stadium in des moines during remodeling. and i was lucky enough to meet, at a garage sale, a former usher from sec taylor stadium who worked there for over 20 years. he had tons of things that he had acquired over the years, equiptment room keys and chain from stadium before demolition, press box sign w/logo and a few dozen other way out there items.

craig

Old 02-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Damian Anderson

Nice Wichita item! You still live in KS? Lawerence Dumont is a great old ballpark. I frequent it in the summer. Last year here for now for a farm club to play here is this year. A little sad, but we still have the NBC tourney and there is talk of an independent team. Love Wichita baseball history. It is surprisingly pretty rich.

Damian

Old 02-23-2007, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Clint

Damian, I'm still in Kansas and am saddened by the loss of our minor league team as well. Wichita will bounce back, it has a history of doing so.

Old 02-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: bob

I've an "L".

When they re did Yankee stadium in the mid 70's I bought an "L", about 2x3 feet from the old stadium scoreboard.

Old 02-23-2007, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim Dale

My brother in law just got two Soldier Field seats. He picked them up off ebay I believe about a year ago to give to his dad who passed away before he could give them to him. His mom won't allow it but he's planning on setting them up in place of a bench at his grave site later. (I assume that means after she's gone).