NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-31-2003, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Default Oh great, another seller of reprints

Posted By: Robert

Check out all the t206 reprints. Not many real ones left on ebay. Rob http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=lck52001&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25

Old 01-31-2003, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

...to put the word "reprint" in the auction title. It's very misleading and it's confusing.

But, they allow the AAA crap to go unregulated and let BR shill bid his own items...so, no surprise.

Old 01-31-2003, 09:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

rules don't mean anything to ebay as long as you are sending money their way

Old 02-01-2003, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

That Rhoades card is almost scarey it looks so real.

Old 02-01-2003, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian C Daniels

What is worse , the magazine page clippings or the reprints?

Old 02-01-2003, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

They're equal.

One is Charmin. One is Nice-n-Soft. Both are toilet paper.

Old 02-20-2003, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill

What do you mean by 'AAA crap'? I was looking at a 'AAA' graded 'Spalding card' (didn't buy), and was wondering if AAA is reputable. (wondering even more after seeing your comment)

Old 02-20-2003, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

AAA aka Libertyforall aka Roy Huff, buys vintage publications, cuts out the pictures, puts them in screw-downs along with a "grade", then sells them on ebay as "paper stock cut-outs". He does not refer to them as "cards". He has several other handles that he uses to do this, in an attempt to make it look like there are lots of sellers handling his "product" and that there is a big market for it (there isn't). He runs his auctions as 'private' and then shill bids some of them to add to the aroma...er, I mean aura that there are actually interested buyers.

Roy Huff ("AAA") will also accept vintage publication mail-ins for chopping/"grading". So you can buy a 1912 Reach guide on ebay for $140 and mail it to Roy Huff ("AAA"), telling him which pictures you want and even what size (he has a form) and he will trim them up for you and put them in his screw-downs. There are a few "Roy Huff wannabes" who are buying into this and having him grade their magazines and old Spalding and Reach Guides. You can tell these newbies by checking their feedback - after running a few auctions they change them to 'private', presumably after their bidders get bombarded with emails telling them they ain't buying cards, or, more likely, after Roy himself (the king of cut-outs) sends them information on how to properly market this "crap".

Old 02-20-2003, 01:19 PM
Administrator

I appreciate the info on AAA. I was trying to put together the pieces by reading through other posts, but it seems that everyone else just referred to AAA as baloney without giving the explanation that you did. Thank you. I must have been the only person who didn't know about the AAA scam. BTW, the item I was looking at didn't say 'card' in the item header, but it did refer to 'the card' in the description. The guy offered a bin of 99.99, presumably because two of the pictured are Joe Jackson and Ty Cobb. As of this moment, it has less than an hour left; doesn't look like anyone wants to buy it now.

Old 02-20-2003, 02:03 PM
Administrator

FYI, I sent an email to seller regarding this item:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31718&item=2710436626&rd=1

I asked if it was a card. Seller's response:
"hello,
you should be able to find it in tuff stuff. but yes it is a card. it is larger than the cards that we buy now."

I'm glad you helped me out, since apparently the seller is honesty-challenged. (surprise surprise)