NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Patrick N.

Default I'm in an eBay pickle...

First off, reader beware, this is another one of those annoying eBay transaction disputes Anyway, buyer requests I drop my BIN price $10 "offline". I say that I can drop $7 but would prefer to sell on eBay than do it offline and violate policy.

He responds its not against policy, as buyer could come into his store and he could end auction. I respond that is a different situation as he found me through eBay and eBay could become a free classified section for sellers, etc. All of this done on my part is totally respectful with no sarcasm, etc. He then pays for item and in notes section "refund difference". He never responds to my logical response of how doing an "offline" deal does violate eBay rules.

In all of this he is very hostile, example at one point says "I can prove it" and goes on with his storefront example. According to toohaus.org he gave/received several negs and clearly is an irate buyer/seller. Should I try to cancel this transaction? If I do, could I receive a negative? Or, should I just go through with the transaction and hope our email exchange doesn't impact his fbk given?

I have 100% postiive and really don't want a neg.

BTW_I don't care about the $, he is getting a more than fair deal so if i don't sell it to him it will sell at that price (or above).

Last edited by mintacular; 11-02-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Dave

Tough situation. Too bad you didn't think to look up the feedback before the transaction was consumated.

I would refund the $7 you agreed to and hope for the best. He's already paid for the item so I don't think you can cancel the transaction without risking negative feedback.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:09 AM
Brad Green

You said that he paid for the item, but you never actually said that he bought the card through eBay. Did he buy the card through eBay by clicking "Buy It Now", or was the card purchased off eBay then paid for through PayPal?
Old 11-03-2010, 07:28 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Cancel it and block him; life's too short to deal with dicks.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 11-03-2010, 08:08 AM
Patrick N.

Default Bin

He hit the BIN, I was moments away from putting him on my blocked list I guess I'm just going to ship the card and hope he doesn't retaliate w/bad fbk
Old 11-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Eric Bea.chley

Keep the block on going forward and keep the emails. When you get the neg, and you will, send the emails to Ebay saying you were trying to abide by their policies and were being harassed or blackmailed (maybe too strong a word but the emails should bear this out at least somewhat). Those are the instances when Ebay will side with the seller and remove a neg.

That being said, Assuming your feedback is over 300, it is pointless to avoid negs at all costs. At some point all sellers should get one and move on.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Patrick N.

Default Eg

Good advice 'Eg'. I know it sounds silly to try and avoid all negs but I do feel even 1 no matter how unjustified could hurt raise an unnecessary red flag from future buyers...I decided to send the card and hope that the buyer was just popping off thru em's but at the end of the day won't leave a neg.

Let's say though that he leaves a negative but makes up another excuse for why he did so (Card was in lesser grade than described, etc.) do you think eBay would back me with the other EM evidence which is related to an entirely different situation?
Old 11-03-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Cancel it and block him; life's too short to deal with dicks.
+1

JimB
Old 11-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Matt Hall

eBay buyer rant. Warning: Foul Language!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERswarGzTfs
Old 11-03-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew H View Post
eBay buyer rant. Warning: Foul Language!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERswarGzTfs
Matthew,
Funny stuff! Did you check out the "Rant man's" pad? What a dump! Get a life, dude!
Old 11-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Matt Hall

Yeah, it's actually his "factory". Clean up, dude.

Last edited by Matthew H; 11-03-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Dave

I understand the guys frustration. I think more and more people are bidding on their hand-held devices and totally forgoing actually reading descriptions, terms of sale, refund policies, shipping prices and policies, etc., etc., etc..

I would not have reacted as he did, but maybe he's reached his tipping point.

I'm in the process of filing for 3 "Did Not Pays" with three different bidders right now. It's getting frustrating out there.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:26 PM

some buyers are just idiot and argue for the sake of argument sake