NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-08-2014, 11:44 AM
Mi.ke Masi.nick

Default Got Bats? (that aren't worth anything?)

Hey guys, I am thinking of making my son a baseball bat bedframe for a new Detroit Tigers room that I'm making up for him. He's 8.

Wondering if anyone out there has a selection of bats (broken, used, autographed by former prospects who didn't pan out, whatever) that could be used in the creation of such a project...

Thinking something like this, but for a queen bed, so I'm thinking I'll need 13 bats....

LMK what you might have. Worst case scenario I'll start hitting flea markets and yard sales, but that would take a while to gather enough.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:15 PM
Rob

That's cool.

some might argue that some of my 120 Giants gamers are worthless, but I need to hang onto them all
Old 09-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Zach

Not sure where you live but check around for places like Play It Again Sports that sell used sporting goods or Craigslist
Old 09-08-2014, 07:15 PM

If you live near a minor legue team, check the team shop. Our local AA team always has a barrel of game used bats for sale, usually cracked and cheap since the ones in there are from players that aren't big prospects.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:38 PM
Steve Birmingham

Depending on how quick you want to do it you might try writing to the tigers, and some of their minor league teams. Probably a dead end, but it never hurts to ask. And if something does come through it would be very cool.

Unfortunately I offloaded the few borderline bats I had a couple years ago. A couple bats I was pretty sure were game bats but the names were totally unfindable. The one with just the name "Henry" I gave to my nephew. It had his name on it after all.

The used sporting goods shops are often a good source. They may be a bit pricy since they won't have the cracked ones, but in a minor league town there's usually a few maybes.

Steve B
Old 09-08-2014, 08:37 PM
N@te

I probably have a few here and there, maybe around $12-$15 each give or take. Pm me if interested.

A portion of my collection on GUA:

https://gameusedauthority.com/all-co...member_id=pUnl
Old 09-09-2014, 10:43 AM
Mi.ke Masi.nick

Thanks guys, looks like I found a good source of somebody's extras. I'll repost later if I need any more. And I'll post a picture when she's all done. Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 09-09-2014, 11:42 AM
Scott
Scott All.en

That's cool, but when I look at that thing the only thing I can think of is....

...how did they get the bats in there? The holes look smaller than the knobs of the bats!
Old 09-09-2014, 11:51 AM
Scott
Scott All.en

Oh, and I forgot my suggestion. My son played "Fall-ball" for a few years and most of the leagues required wooden bats. Those leagues are starting up right about now - at least here in Michigan. I would head up to my local baseball complex on a Saturday afternoon and talk to the coaches. Lots of chipped, cracked, and used bats to be had. And sometimes a company would set up under a tent and sell them to the kids - especially if a tournament was going on.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:18 PM
Glyn Parson

Default I have some

bats from minor leaguers and cup of coffee big leaguers, game used most autographed and some cracked. Have around 10-15 would have to do a count. Shoot me a PM if interested. I assume the shipping wont be cheap either.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:38 AM
Mi.ke Masi.nick

Sorry for the long delay! I finished the project about a year ago and am just getting around to posting pictures. Turned out great! My son loves it. Thanks.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:11 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAllen2556 View Post
That's cool, but when I look at that thing the only thing I can think of is....

...how did they get the bats in there? The holes look smaller than the knobs of the bats!
Guessing the board with the holes is actually two boards split down the center and "sandwiched" together around the bats. Probably biscuit jointed and glued.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 01-03-2018 at 07:11 AM.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:28 AM

Wow, cool headboard for a kid! Nicely done.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:52 AM
Bruce Fairchild

Very nice!!
Old 01-05-2018, 06:54 PM
Travis Bid.ner

Looks pretty cool!

Also would like to add a few AMERICAN BEAUTIES
350 frame,no frame and/or 460
Old 01-08-2018, 08:39 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

That is a cool headboard....especially for.....well, never mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardTarget View Post
Sorry for the long delay! I finished the project about a year ago and am just getting around to posting pictures. Turned out great! My son loves it. Thanks.