NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Steven

Default Another ebay question

I tried looking this up...I hate ebay.

So I put a card up for sale, got 50% of its value and its ben 48 hrs w/o payment. How long does it have to go before I say forget and dont sell the card? Id rather keep it for trade bait at this point.

Thanks for the help, Im just sulking....
Old 09-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Christopher Williams

Steven, that's the chance you take when you sell on Ebay.

But if you've been on Ebay for awhile, you get 50 auctions to list for free (per month I believe) with a "Auction Style" auction. I always list my auctions with my starting bid being the minimum I will accept for a particular card. I no longer list .99 cent auctions.

As for waiting for payment, always include in your auction description the number of days a buyer has to pay. For me it is "7 days."

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 09-12-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:25 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier2004 View Post
I tried looking this up...I hate ebay.

So I put a card up for sale, got 50% of its value and its ben 48 hrs w/o payment. How long does it have to go before I say forget and dont sell the card? Id rather keep it for trade bait at this point.

Thanks for the help, Im just sulking....
I've had the same thing happen before. I usually just wait the specified time within my description (I always give seven days). To be fair, I'll send out an invoice after the auction, but not a payment reminder hoping they don't pay. If they pay within the specified time, so be it and I'll send out the item. If they pay after the specified time, I just refund payment informing them they didn't comply with the terms of the auction.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Steven

I usually say 24 hrs but was told that doesnt comply with ebay plicy but did not know and did not specify a time. I should I file a clomplaint immediately? I just want to keep my card...
Old 09-12-2011, 09:40 PM
De.rek Pul.atie

Just try and do the same thing on items you bid on.
Hope it wasnt to bad.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:44 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
I usually say 24 hrs but was told that doesnt comply with ebay plicy but did not know and did not specify a time. I should I file a clomplaint immediately? I just want to keep my card...
No, 24 hours isn't long enough. If you really want to keep your card, don't file a complaint. That will only give him reason to pay. Just hope he forgets about it.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Steven

ok, no complaint. At some point though dont i need to close this or something and also be released from my ebay fees?
Old 09-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Always consider that you might one day get a great deal on Ebay. Usually that kind of stuff balances itself out.

Take advantage of using your "50 free auction-style listings" to list that type of item with a starting bid number at the minimum you'll accept for the card. Also, Ebay usually has "listing sales (like they do tomorrow 09/12/2011)" during the course of a month, so take advantage of that.

Don't be so quick to "Open A Case" as the buyer has the luxury to leave you a "Neg." With a "Buy It Now" you have the option of "Immediate Payment" due. But there's no way Ebay will allow you to open a case for at least seven days after the auction ends. And if the buyer pays within that seven days, and you decide to refund the seller's money and keep the card, you are guaranteed to receive a "Neg."
Old 09-12-2011, 09:54 PM
De.rek Pul.atie

Default .

Dont auction anything that you dont want to sell
Old 09-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Steven

....maybe im sending the wrong message here? Im not looking to screw anyone outta a deal, or do anything i havent agreed to by being willing to sell the card. If payment came this moment it would be in the mail, insured tomorrow. MY QUESTION was how long do i have to wait before i can close the matter w/ ebay thus keeping my card? I do not consider it immoral to not email the guy for payment...he bid, he can pay. Also, the complaint would be to start clock on payment and not to slander the buyer. I am extremeley honest, but play by the rules and look for those that apply to me. I could not find the exact time on ebay and brought it here...I just want to know the rules.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Steven

and if I get a good deal id pay within 12 hrs and 99% with 1 hr....
Old 09-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Scott

Umm. yeah, Cobb Love has it right. If you are afraid you won't get what you want, then either put a reserve on it, or don't sell it. Hoping the guy doesn't pay, and especially " I just want to keep my card" is kinda BS. An Ebay bid is a contract between buyer and seller, and you are OBLIGATED to SELL the card to the winner at the bid price.

Now, if he doesn't pay in a reasonable time, then so be it, then you can contact him and request payment or open a case for non payment. Reasonable time is subjective too, since you didn't specify. Payment must be received by XXX days after receipt of invoice or whatever.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Christopher Williams

Remember, Scott, Ebay has high "Reserve" fees, although depending on what the seller wants for the card, it might be worth it to take a chance.

Steven, you might as well wait the seven days for payment, as Ebay won't let you "Open A Case" for at least seven days.

I also wanted to mention that the times that I've gotten a great deal on Ebay, whether it be "Buy It Now" or "Auction-Style" I always paid immediately.

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 09-12-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Steven

seriously calling me bs b/c i want to keep a card that sold for 50% of value? I said Id sell the card, that WHAT I AGREED TO DO! Again, I get it as said multiple times now. "reasonable time" was the question...I have never implied I am going to keep the card, that would be bs.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:15 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
seriously calling me bs b/c i want to keep a card that sold for 50% of value? I said Id sell the card, that WHAT I AGREED TO DO! Again, I get it as said multiple times now. "reasonable time" was the question...I have never implied I am going to keep the card, that would be bs.
Steven, I don't think anyone here has written or implied that, we are just showing you the options you have.

Why are you being so defensive? You're the one that brought your situation over here.

And the consensus here is "7 days."

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 09-12-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:16 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Steven, you might as well wait the seven days for payment, as Ebay won't let you "Open A Case" for at least seven days.
That is true. Like I said earlier though, depending on the FVF fees, I probably wouldn't even bother filing a complaint. What was the amount of the sale?
Old 09-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Steven

)Quote:[ Hoping the guy doesn't pay, and especially " I just want to keep my card" is kinda BS. An Ebay bid is a contract between buyer and seller, and you are OBLIGATED to SELL the card to the winner at the bid price.

THat was what the response was to. Sorry if Im defensive but that sounds like someones calling me bs.

Im honest. I appreciate all the help I get from this board and the quick responses I get to things. Ive met lots of members on here and only mean respect to the board and its members. I have sought help on this matter and 7 days seems to be concensus and fare. Again, by no means was I ever for moment looking to swindle this card.

Thank you for yor help.

Last edited by rainier2004; 09-12-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Dave

7 Days, you can file a Non-Paying Bidder notice and then the bidder has 4 days to pay before you can close out the case.

............I think.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
7 Days, you can file a Non-Paying Bidder notice and then the bidder has 4 days to pay before you can close out the case.

............I think.
The NPB can be filed after four days. Once the NPB is filed, ebay gives the buyer an additional four days to pay before you can close the case and receive a refund for your final value fees.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:05 AM
Scott Mt. Joy

7 days after that file with ebay