NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-27-2016, 06:23 PM
Ken McMillan

Default T205 John Pfiester back type rarity

I have been collecting T205 Cubs with their various back types since the beginning of the year and noticed on my list that I have only the black sweet caporal factory 42 type out of 6 or 7 backs types available. Have done various serches for what seems should be a fairly common cards and have found only the black sweet caporal 42 back types available. Have seen occasional reference to different back types of this card but none available. Would anyone know the reason for the relative scarceness of the different back types of Mr. pfiester's card?
Old 08-27-2016, 07:58 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

I believe i have a SC 25 according to my master list but i will double check the actual card
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:40 PM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

The one in my set is a polar bear.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:29 PM

My example is the seemingly commonplace Sweet Caporal black factory 42.

The list I have indicates that there should be 8 different backs:

The first four were on the original T205Resource list

Hindu
Honest Long Cut
Sweet Caporal black factory 42
Sweet Caporal red

The second four were added later by longtime T205 observer and expert Joshua L.

Piedmont factory 25
Polar Bear
Sovereign
Sweet Caporal black factory 25

The Pfeister card seems to follow the distribution pattern of other known subjects that are known to have Hindu backs issued, such as Ames, Bescher, Devore, Dickson, Egan, Engle, Gaspar, Jacklitsch, Johnson. Lennox etc.

I would assume some backs in this print group would be tough, as there were many checklist additions that were made by Joshua, which probably indicates their relative scarcity. Good luck finding some additional backs for your master set.

Brian

Last edited by brianp-beme; 08-28-2016 at 02:45 PM. Reason: there to their
Old 08-28-2016, 02:41 PM

Default Have two...

SC Black 25
Piedmont 25
Old 08-28-2016, 03:35 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Ken, I have one. An HLC.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:09 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
My example is the seemingly commonplace Sweet Caporal black factory 42.

The list I have indicates that there should be 8 different backs:

The first four were on the original T205Resource list

Hindu
Honest Long Cut
Sweet Caporal black factory 42
Sweet Caporal red

The second four were added later by longtime T205 observer and expert Joshua L.

Piedmont factory 25
Polar Bear
Sovereign
Sweet Caporal black factory 25

The Pfeister card seems to follow the distribution pattern of other known subjects that are known to have Hindu backs issued, such as Ames, Bescher, Devore, Dickson, Egan, Engle, Gaspar, Jacklitsch, Johnson. Lennox etc.

I would assume some backs in this print group would be tough, as there were many checklist additions that were made by Joshua, which probably indicates their relative scarcity. Good luck finding some additional backs for your master set.

Brian
Mine is SC42 and all the ones on ebay are SC42. Maybe your theory on the Hindu types being related is true? :-)
Old 08-28-2016, 06:48 PM

Ken, Kling is another Cub player that is known with the Hindu back and should be available with the same 8 reverses as Pfeister. Would be curious if you have had any luck tracking down the various Kling backs.

I have both the Sweet Caporal black factory 42 and Honest Long Cut for Kling.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:37 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
Ken, Kling is another Cub player that is known with the Hindu back and should be available with the same 8 reverses as Pfeister. Would be curious if you have had any luck tracking down the various Kling backs.

I have both the Sweet Caporal black factory 42 and Honest Long Cut for Kling.
Possibilities match up exactly as far as backs. However with that said, Kling appears to be much more available. In Kling, I have Honest Long Cut, Piedmont 25, Polar Bear, Sovereign, SC25black, SC42 black, and SCred. I only have Pfiester in SC42 Black.

Seems to be a general lack of availability of Pfiester back examples as far as the numbers go.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:34 AM
Greg Z@y@tz

I only have an SC red.