NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-12-2007, 04:05 AM
Administrator

Default High bidder whoever you are....(Cobb reprint)

Posted By: BcD

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=200087893052>

you made me laugh tonight!

It but "you_are_a_scam_artist" down to number 2 on laughs!

BcD

Old 03-12-2007, 07:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve f

I love seeing these. I wish more whistleblowers bid on these schemes. It's gotta be a stressful experience for the scammers!

To whomever, It's appreciated

Old 03-12-2007, 07:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Youareascamartist has a feedback of minus one. That is a very rare and seldom seen feedback number!

Old 03-12-2007, 07:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

lowest I've seen is -5. I don't think you can go lower than that without getting NARU'd

Jay

I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Silver King

Can you point out why this is a fake? I am still new to this and I don't know what to look for. I read the thread about Jesika and the Wagner with the border problems, black letters, wrong font, etc. Is there anything else in particular that stands out about this card? Perhaps somebody can post this same Cobb that is genuine?

Also, if it's so obvious about these reprints, why haven't the counterfeiters started making more authentic looking cards?

Good job to I collect reprints and you are a scam artist.

robert shaw

Old 03-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve f

Her ya go Robert. Just one of the many red-flags with this counterfeit.

The SGC graded on top, scammers card on the bottom;

Old 03-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: daryle

American Beauty T206s are printed in green, not red like this obvious fake.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Administrator

A fair percentage of T206 reprints have the wrong color ink on the back. Just memorizing the appropriate color used for each back would save a lot of people a ton of money.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

ebay has minimized the effectiveness of this method, if the price reaches $200 we will not see who the bidder is. Another ebay innovation that helps the scam artists.

Lee

Old 03-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Posted By: quan

seller stating that it's a reprint, always trust him on that point. and lee most of the time i don't think these reprints every go over $50, much less $200 unless it was shilled up.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve M.

"all cards are sold as reprints unless noted i make no claim as to the cards are authentic unless gradded and or authenticated . good luck and happy bidding."

Old 03-12-2007, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill

I love how that is the last statement in the lot in nice small font size. I emailed the guy letting him know that American Beauty is not in red ink and that he should probably make it more prominant in his auction that the card is a reprint. I'll see if he does anything or even writes back.

Change your socks, drink water, and drive on.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard

http://cgi.ebay.com/1910-14-HONUS-WAGNER-T-216-THROWING-2b-START-99-CENT_W0QQitemZ170087267755QQcategoryZ636QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

Old 03-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Administrator

If sellers know they have a reprint, why do they even bother offering it up for sale? It has a market value close to zero, so the only explanation is they are trying to trick someone into believing it might have some value. So despite the disclaimer, there is something seedy about the whole thing.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill

A lot of times (not in this case), you can go back into the sellers feedback within the past month and see what auctions they have won. I've seen quite a few where they have bid on and won reprint/fake cards in auctions where it has been stated so. They then turn around a few weeks later and post it as a "I got this in an estate sale" or "This was found in a coffee can in an old tree" or some other outrageous claim. I usually call them on this but rarely get a response back. If I do, it's an unprofessional email as you might imagine. Other times they close it down. Or, my old favorite, I email ebay with proof (about either a fake card or shill bidding), and they don't do a thing about it. In that case, I have some fun with the seller.

I've already emailed this seller twice now, once with a link to show that he has a fake. If it's still up tonight, I'll assume he knows it's a fake and is just looking for a quick buck.

Change your socks, drink water, and drive on.