NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-09-2016, 08:50 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default Ebay question

Question for you ebay sellers.

When you list an item with the Best Offer availability and preset an amount that you will not sell it for less for, and someone makes an offer under your "floor" do you see the offer even though ebay automatically rejects it?

I often wonder about the sellers who put ridiculous prices on their items along with OBO if they see these offers to get an idea of what their items are really worth. Or maybe they just don't they care?
Old 07-09-2016, 10:04 PM
James
James Kin.chen

You do not see the offers that are under your minimum unless the buyer makes another offer that is above the minimum. I think you will see the low offer if someone else makes an offer above the minimum.
James
Old 07-09-2016, 10:09 PM
je.sse @rnot

I'm not an ebay seller, but I'm not sure that's correct. I have made an offer, had it auto decline, then had the seller email me and say my offer was close to what they would have accepted, and a deal was made. He would have had to been notified some how. I did not send a separate email.
Old 07-09-2016, 11:28 PM
Jonathan Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I'm not an ebay seller, but I'm not sure that's correct. I have made an offer, had it auto decline, then had the seller email me and say my offer was close to what they would have accepted, and a deal was made. He would have had to been notified some how. I did not send a separate email.
I've had the exact same thing happen to me so I think they must see an offer that gets auto declined.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:16 AM

You are able to view offers that are auto declined, but you do not get an automatic notification. You have to manually go to your active listings and review offers on the item. I have never used it as a way of finding out its real value, mostly use it to save myself time from low ballers
Old 07-10-2016, 07:34 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

You do not get automatic notifications unless a buyer includes a note. I have emailed eBay asking them to change this policy. I have at times reviewed my items and see that an offer has been made. If it is close to my bottom price, I will contact the prospective buyer and let them know that I will accept their offer. I do not have the time to review every item, so I wonder how much potential business I have missed.

Jeff
Old 07-10-2016, 07:56 AM
Scott Russell

Why use the auto-respond setting at all? I never do. It takes two seconds to respond to a low-ball offer, and I never have to worry about missing anything. How many bad offers can you possibly be receiving that the auto-respond feature saves you significant time?
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 07-10-2016, 02:45 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Why use the auto-respond setting at all? I never do. It takes two seconds to respond to a low-ball offer, and I never have to worry about missing anything. How many bad offers can you possibly be receiving that the auto-respond feature saves you significant time?
A good point. I don't understand why an auto decline would be set so close to what you're willing to accept. I would use it to weed out ridiculous offers if you feel a deal would never be reached. But if a card is listed at say 2k obo, and you would take 1500, don't auto decline anything under 1400. I'm often willing to go more than my initial offer, but have to start somewhere. In this example I may set an auto decline at 800 or 1k.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:51 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post

A ton....I would rather lose the business than deal with the morons who make ridiculous offers.

Jeff
Old 07-10-2016, 02:55 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
A ton....I would rather lose the business than deal with the morons who make ridiculous offers.

Jeff
Well you're probably not blaming the system like some others. You have made a choice knowing the possible repercussions. For me I'd say 1/3 of my offers are patently ridiculous, but still in raw numbers it's just not that much time for me.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions