NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-11-2017, 05:36 PM
Greg Mitchell

Default Spike in Zeenut 1911 (Brockelman tonight)

Some very hefty prices for some of these "highest graded" cards, and 3 hours to go...however, the prices are much higher than I would expect given most recent prices even for the highest graded.....Did I miss when this trend started with them? Or just the usual 2 or 3 people bidding up?
Old 02-11-2017, 06:09 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Many of those are the nicest ones in the hobby. Add to that some are extremely scarce and you have a recipe for nice realized prices. There are quite a few board members (and others) who quietly collect these.

Last edited by Leon; 02-11-2017 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-11-2017, 06:47 PM

As Leon noted, this is the break up of one of the finest 1911 Zeenut sets ever assembled, many will fetch record prices, and accordingly will not be offered for sale for many, many years as they will be deeply embedded in the collections of the new owners, many of which have spent decades assembling their 1911 Zeenut sets. A rare opportunity for those collecting the first year of the Zeenut issue.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:34 PM
Greg Mitchell

I get that except--other "highest graded" from same issue that sold in recent years mainly fetched less than half most of these prices.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:46 PM

The others probably slipped under the radar for a few folks.

Tonight, everyone that is a a serious 1911 Zeenut collector is aware of them and involved. With the entire set(less Bohen) up for sale, there is somewhat of a feeding frenzy in place.

Last edited by sb1; 02-11-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:28 PM
Todd Schultz

Fantastic selection Scott. I copied scans of the entire group; after all, those who can--collect, and those who cannot-- collect scans I actually have a few bids in but am mostly just grateful that I got to see them all in one place at one time. Good luck to the hunters.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:15 PM
I@n Cl@rke

I just won the one I wanted, crossed a biggie off my want list. Am psyched!
Old 02-11-2017, 10:43 PM
Rhett Yeakley

That was fun, even though I didn't get to add any that I needed. Some of the cards going for big money really surprised me (as they aren't tough players to find) but there were 6-7 really rare cards in there... half went for high prices and the others went for pretty reasonable prices (I would have been a buyer if I didn't already have them).

Hopefully Steve Murray was able to get his Fullerton!

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562
Old 02-12-2017, 07:59 AM
Steve Murray

Nope.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:32 PM

Damn. I was hoping that was you Steve. I laid off upgrading my Fullerton because I was sure it was you:-(

There were a couple of really under the radar cards but because Scott mentioned that the Stinson variation (for example) was relatively unknown, the price skyrocketed.
I was able to upgrade 3 including the highest graded Heitmuller large, but missed out on several others. Steve, Peter T. and I all have the 3 highest graded sets so since Steve, missing only Fullerton and Bohen, wasn't selling his, I assume these were Peter's, who was only missing Bohen and a couple of others. If so, it's a shame, Peter and I bought a complete raw set (less Bohen and some variations) about 5-6 years ago and used it to fill in all our "holes" (less Bohen) or upgrade many and then sold all our dupes on ebay and fetched very nice prices for them.
If you collect the 11s, card by card, you really find out which ones are the rare ones. You also find out there are some variations out there which are not well known.

Last edited by tbob; 02-13-2017 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:22 PM
Steve Murray

Bob, if you, me and Peter were out on the Fullerton it's an indication that there is an uptick in Z11 interest. That's a good sign. Great set!
Old 02-13-2017, 05:18 PM

Default Nice 1911 Zeenut group

I'm lucky I got all my catchers in the set early on thanks to Larry Fristch and Mark Macrae. No upgrades by me.

Patrick
Old 02-13-2017, 08:10 PM
€dw@rd Sk€Łt0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacklitsch View Post
Bob, if you, me and Peter were out on the Fullerton it's an indication that there is an uptick in Z11 interest. That's a good sign. Great set!
You three aren't the only ones collecting 1911 Zees. There are some of us also working this set.

And I did not get that Fullerton, either, though it would have been a nice upgrade.

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com
Old 02-13-2017, 09:49 PM
Rhett Yeakley

I also stayed away from the Fullerton as I was hoping Steve would finally get that one off his list! It would have been a slight upgrade for mine as well (mine is graded a SGC 20).

Bob, now you need to find the even tougher small version of Heitmuller!

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562

Last edited by rhettyeakley; 02-13-2017 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:48 AM
Ron Skaggs

Default Arlett

Hi All Z collectors,
I was able to grab 1 of the 2 needed from the group. The
Stinson variation went for a little more than i wanted to pay.
But i too am missing the Bohen
Best regards
Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg arlett.jpg (6.2 KB, 77 views)