NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-02-2020, 01:18 PM

Default Larger top loader storage?

My collection of 8x10 and 8.5x11 top loaders is growing and I’m looking for storage ideas. Right now I keep them in shoe boxes but know there has to be something better. What are you guys using?
Old 05-02-2020, 02:53 PM
Justin

I use typical storage containers that you can pickup anywhere. The tall ones work well for flipping through your items. I have about 30 of the smaller ones that lay flat just because I have some old mailroom storage shelves that they fit perfectly in. For larger format items I use art portfolio type carrying cases. I once had a pipe burst in a wall near my storage closet so I try to keep everything in relatively water/bug proof containers just to be safe.

My collection: https://www.instagram.com/collectingbrooklyn/
Old 05-02-2020, 10:31 PM
Steve Birmingham

Those work really well.

Being a bit "thrifty" I keep mine in magazine boxes. Like a comic book box, but magazine size and only half as long to it doesn't weigh a ton once it's full.

I may switch to plastic though. I was looking at one box a few days ago, and while the magazine bags with backing boards are fine all the toploaders have browned. Not a great thing on something stored away from light.
Old 05-03-2020, 08:18 PM

Thanks for the idea, heading to a local home store today!
Old 05-03-2020, 11:45 PM
Doug Goodman

My container of choice is the Sterilite 20 Quart/19 Liter Gasket Boxes, Clear with Latches and Gasket.

I have all of my programs in those.

Doug
Old 05-11-2020, 05:55 AM

Again, thanks for the suggestions. I live overseas and sometimes it's difficult to find exact items. With that being a known, I headed to our local equivalent of Walmart to see what might work for me.

The below photos show the only bin (and I mean only, as in there was not another available in this size) tall enough to stand 8.5 x 11's on end. My goal was to move items out of 3 or 4 different shoe boxes and be able to flip through them. Bingo!

I had some extra 3" thick pick-and-fit foam from pelican cases and it took about 20 minutes to cut them lengthwise and custom fit them to the tub. Very happy with the results.

Old 05-11-2020, 08:29 AM
B.ob L.amb

They will fit in comic storage boxes.