NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-18-2014, 04:44 AM

Default Help/opinions as to authenticity/priec

I am thinking about buying this ball and lot from what appears to be a non-dealer. Attached are photos of the ball in question. First, all of the signatures appear consistent except the Campanella. Any thoughts if these signatures appear authentic. What about value of ball. She has an entire lot for $700 but that includes a Aaron, Williams, Killibrew, Slaughter, F. Robinson, E. Matthews and some other misc. items. I'm thinking I'm only interested in this ball.

Any thoughts. It would be appreciated.
Pat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (70.5 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (69.5 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (75.1 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (68.5 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (70.7 KB, 171 views)
Old 07-18-2014, 06:43 AM
Andrew L@Vine

Looks to be a late 70's/early 80's HOF ball. All signatures appear to be authentic except for Campanella who was paralyzed by this time and would often have a family member sign for him (unless he scribbled his sig). Unsure of value as everybody is different. With the Satchel sig, i would guesstimate $400-$500...but just a guess
Old 07-18-2014, 07:41 AM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

I do not want to be the negative attitude poster but I would ask myself why do I want this ball? It is a non-official ball, the ball is stained in many places, the sigantures are mainly in black ink and they are fading and will continue to fade slowly due to them being signed in black ink, there are no rarities on this ball, granted Paige can be an expensive single- signed ball and he by far is the best on this ball. If Paige is why you want the ball I believe you could wait and at some point in the future find another HoF ball in better condition with a better Paige on it, you would pay more obviously but do you want a deal from a financial standpoint or better condition. I always try for condition primarily. Also for description the Campanella is misspelled.
I would consider paying $250-$300 for it....to buy it and then resell maybe $275 max.
This is my opinion only for what I see in the ball as it pertains to my standards, and I do not resell anything I am purely a collector.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:48 AM
Scott

Agreed w above poster on price. If I had the funds, prob pay 200+ sell for 275-300. condition of ball isn't great, but the thing that saves it from being worth less is what seems to be a legit Satch.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:32 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Does it really matter why he is interested in this ball? Maybe he wants it for the Coveleski. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and not everything has to be NrMt to be collectible and fun to have in your collection. Maybe it's an affordable ball and a good way to get a lot of signatures for the price.

Also, I'm not sure if you guys were collecting in the 70's and 80's or not, but finding an official ball away from the stadium was not easy. Paige died in 1982 so you took what you could get.

The retail price is probably in line with what has been mentioned, but you did say there were other items and I do not know the condition of those. Good luck with it and if you like it, go for it. Jason