NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-20-2008, 06:53 AM
Administrator

Default PSA Qualifiers?

Posted By: Robert Dixon

Hey guys. I am new to the board (and collecting as a whole). I had a question about PSA qualifiers. What is the best way to get an accurate price on these? I bought a 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth (Bat)that is a PSA 2 (MK). I paid $800. I looked at the site www.1933goudey.com for recent ebay prices on this card and the lowest sale price in the last two years was $877 in Feb. '07, and many have sold for more since then, but none of these have the (MK) qualifier. Is there any way to know what the (MK) does to the value compared to the same card without the (MK)?

Old 11-20-2008, 06:59 AM
Administrator

Default PSA Qualifiers?

Posted By: Bobby Binder

The standard thought is a qualifier drops the card down 2 grades, so a PSA 7 MC would be about the same as a PSA 5

Old 11-20-2008, 07:05 AM
Administrator

Default PSA Qualifiers?

Posted By: Jim VB

Speaking in generalities, a qualifier usually lowers a grade about 2 notches in terms of price (e.g.- a PSA 7 (MK) sells at about the same as a PSA 5 with no qualifiers. ) SGC does not use qualifiers, but in most cases they would give it 2 grades lower.

In the case of your card, I'll guess SGC would have called it a 10.

I have found the best pricing reference source to be vintagecardprices.com. He tracks all graded cards, from all sets, from Ebay and most major auction houses. He has about 2-3 years of history.

VCP usually lists all grades with qualifiers in the "Authentic" section of their listings.

Edited to add- Bobby types faster than I do. He is more succinct than I am. He is also the owner of VCP and far too modest to suggest you use his site as it is fee based (not free.)

Old 11-20-2008, 07:33 AM
Administrator

Default PSA Qualifiers?

Posted By: Sean

What is the mark on the card? If its smaller and on the back I don't think it would have that much to do with value. For reference a PSA 2 MC just sold for a $1000.

Do you have a scan?

Old 11-20-2008, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Default PSA Qualifiers?

Posted By: Jim VB

Scan courtesy of VCP.

[linked image]

Old 11-20-2008, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Default PSA Qualifiers?

Posted By: Matt

oops - Shawn said it already.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Default PSA Qualifiers?

Posted By: Robert Dixon

That's the one. Thanks. This site is awesome!

Old 11-20-2008, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Default PSA Qualifiers?

Posted By: Matt

Leon - can we get that in small lettering under the "Net 54 Vintage Baseball Card Forum" title in the top left?

Old 11-20-2008, 09:01 AM
Administrator

Default PSA Qualifiers?

Posted By: leon

I assume you are talking about putting "This site is Great" on our home page? I am not sure we need to tout this site or email everyone and their brother to participate here....Most know it's the best vintage site on the internet already...... Plus we have gotten rid of most of the pain in the ass "bitchers"....so we do have that going for us too....take care

ps....I think the banner ads are what make this site even more great!!! happy.gif....

Old 11-20-2008, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Default PSA Qualifiers?

Posted By: JimB

As others mentioned, the standard is to consider the qualifier as a two-grade drop. However, it really depends on how much the fault affects the overall quality and eye-appeal of the card. If it has a disastrous affect, it might hurt more. If it is not really a big deal, but a technical fault, the affect might be less. Also, one has to consider the card and the set. If the card is extremely rare, it may not have much affect at all since buyers will want to get it in any condition they can. If it is from a set that is not too tough, the affect could be greater.

My point is that there is no simple, one-size-fits-all answer. Hope this helps.
JimB