NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-04-2014, 08:35 AM
Rick

Default Another New Member

...watching the World Junior Hockey Tournament as I write

My name is Rick, I live in northern Illinois. I can't say I'm a huge collector, I still have my old baseball cards from my childhood days back in the 60's & early 70's before it became a business. I do have seats from Wrigley (2) and Comiskey, I'm a Cubs fan and cherish my time at the ballpark. I finished off the basement to house my stuff; a couple of signed replica vintage jerseys, lithographs, old framed scorecards and B/W photos, some signed and some not, some of which hang on a Wrigley like brick wall. I'm also interested in Formula 1 racing and vintage Indy racing. I've spent many days at tracks taking photos and watching racing. What I cherish the most are my memories of the ballparks (Wrigley & Comiskey) going with my dad and grandpa, Chicago Stadium, playing ball all day long in my neighborhood growing up and trading cards on the front steps.

One thing I'm especially interested in is baseball in New York back in the 40's and 50's, Ebbetts Field and the Polo Grounds. I wish I could have experienced what it was like back then. What brought me to this site was my search for information on Ebbetts Field seats.

Thanks, Rick
Old 01-04-2014, 09:02 AM

Default when does spring training begin?? (sigh)

Welcome aboard
Old 01-04-2014, 10:21 AM
Barry Arnold

Default newbie

welcome aboard the board!!!

all the best,
barry
Old 01-04-2014, 10:25 AM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

Welcome to net54 Rick!
Old 01-04-2014, 11:32 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Welcome Rick. That's pretty cool you have your cards from your childhood. A lot of us only wish we still had them!!
Old 01-04-2014, 11:33 AM

Welcome, Rick! It's always nice to see new members on board. I grew up in the Detroit area, so most of my games were spent at Tiger Stadium, but years ago a few work buddies and I traveled to see the Tigers play the Cubs during the first year of interleague play at Wrigley Field. I loved how it was nestled right in a neighborhood, and I also appreciated the absence of any distracting advertising signs within the stadium -- just a pure ballpark. Great hot dogs, too!

BTW, you might have seen this already, but if not check out this amazing Ebbets Field model by Steve Wolf.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:50 PM

Default welcome....

your going to love it here

peace

Johnny
Old 01-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

welcome, I have cards from when I was a kid too, BUT that was in the 80's so not much value there, lol - but a lot of memories!
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:06 PM
Bill Gregory

Welcome to the forum, Rick!

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:26 PM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW View Post
Welcome, Rick! It's always nice to see new members on board. I grew up in the Detroit area, so most of my games were spent at Tiger Stadium, but years ago a few work buddies and I traveled to see the Tigers play the Cubs during the first year of interleague play at Wrigley Field. I loved how it was nestled right in a neighborhood, and I also appreciated the absence of any distracting advertising signs within the stadium -- just a pure ballpark. Great hot dogs, too!

BTW, you might have seen this already, but if not check out this amazing Ebbets Field model by Steve Wolf.
I regret never having gone to old Tiger stadium. I did get to see the '68 team play at Comiskey with Mc Clain pitching. The model of old Ebbetts is incredible. How cool would that be to own?
Old 01-05-2014, 09:49 AM
Bill

From one newbie to another... welcome! This is a great group one day I hope I can help someone I've already been helped multiple times by GREAT people on this board.