NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Pup6913

Default You asked for them. I got them!!!

A few of you guys asked for tobacco size penny sleeves. I am in the works with a company to produce these for us. They are going to be pks of 20-100 pending .

Pricing is not set yet as I will not know till tommorrow night what and how many I can get for a first run. I don't want to buy a ton and be stuck holding them so I am asking if there are any guys here who would buy these in pre-order? I have been guarenteed sole rights to these so they will not be sold anywhere else but through me.

If there are any people who want these please post here.

I also still have Tobacco Toploaders (10 per pk) and Tobacco Screwdowns available.

Here is a pick of a sleeve with card in it for those who may want to see one in action They are great for grading.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg penny.jpg (56.9 KB, 672 views)
Old 10-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Matt Wieder

Hard to pre-order something without at least a ball-park on the price...
Old 10-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Dan Bretta

Someone already makes them because I bought some on ebay about a year ago.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Someone already makes them because I bought some on ebay about a year ago.
penny sleeves for tobaccos??? Not possible unless they were pulled from toploaders. I have talked with 3 different companies about this and none of them carry them except with toploaders. I have been selling toploaders for tobaccos longer than anyone on Ebay and still have the best $ and service. You guy pay less on the board than on Ebay when you buy them from me over my Ebay listing.

As far as pricing I am sure they are going to be close to $1-$2 per pk depending on how many I can get packaged in a pk. I know I should make that call but I can't.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Eric Bea.chley

Are these for inserting into standard sized toploaders or for inserting in tobacco sized toploaders?
Old 10-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Pup6913

You can insert them into either. They are made for tobacco size toploaders. They are great for grading, or people who use semi rigids for storage.

They are made to sleeve the card so what ever application you use them for is up to you.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Adam M.

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the Buy/Sell area of the Board??
Old 10-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Shouldn't this thread be moved to the Buy/Sell area of the Board??

"I have been selling toploaders for tobaccos longer than anyone on Ebay and still have the best $ and service. You guy pay less on the board than on Ebay when you buy them from me over my Ebay listing."

Nah.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Adam M.

I hear you Rob. This from the guy who said recently, and I quote --- "I think this is a great time to take an extended leave or maybe permanent from the site."

Why aren't you on your leave Andrew (you pointed out that you thought it was a "great time" for you to take an "extended" or "maybe permanent" one) instead of starting thread after thread after thread after thread???

Last edited by Adam; 10-20-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:44 PM
Pup6913

I did for a couple weeks after that. That was then. If you have any problems please see a moderator.

Also if you can prove that I have not been selling toploaders longer with the best pricing please let me know and I will retrack my statement.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Al

Default Never asked for them dont want them

Andrew,
Who really gives a rats As@. You seem to make a big deal out of everything.Go list it on the BST side for your buck or two a package and be done with it. That should be the end of it.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default couple quick points

First of all this probably should be on the BST side so we can just let this be a small, informal, easy-going, warning.....no big deal.

Now, Adam M......you seem to be causing a bit of trouble lately. You are the one that brought that old thread back up (which just got locked by another mod but I approve too) and then started slamming the original poster. Please try to play nicer with folks. Your shi* to equity ratio isn't too good. And that is all I got to say about that!!

If people say they are leaving but don't...hey, that is great. Like Bill said, the more the merrier. If they leave...well, that's the way it goes. This community will survive without any one or two people, me included.....thanks for ya'lls time...
Old 10-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Pup6913

I posted this to find out if anyone wanted any of these before commiting to a large buy. Some people have asked before about these so i though it might be good to find out if anyone was still looking for them. I didn't ask for anyone to come on here and attack me for no provoked reason. If you don't need them then I don't need to know. Only if anyone is interested.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:16 PM
Rawn Hill

I would be interested as I don't need my cards graded and use the sleeves when I have them framed. 100 to start sounds about right, put me in for them as soon as you get started.

Rawn
Old 10-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Your shi* to equity ratio isn't too good. And that is all I got to say about that!!

Uh-oh! If this becomes a viable metric, lots of people on this board are toast (starting with me.)
Old 10-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim VB View Post
Uh-oh! If this becomes a viable metric, lots of people on this board are toast (starting with me.)
Let's put it this way...if the majority of your posts on the main board are complaining about OT posts and you generally only contribute in OT posts then there's something not right. You also probably shouldn't be bringing up OT posts that have been buried for 5 weeks only to start an argument.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim VB View Post
Considering you have over 500 posts I would say you are in good shape with some room to spare....but please don't let that get you carried away there big guy . Hope all is well for you and yours.....
Old 10-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Tim Newcomb

Default Speak English please

"Retrack"? LOL
Old 10-20-2009, 10:24 PM

Forgive my rookie ignorance, but I'm not familiar with the sleeve jargon. Can you tell me what the difference is between these kinds of sleeves?

I'll assume that a top loader is what's pictured. You open up the top and slide it in right? So everytime you take the card out you risk damaging the corners, not to mention how careful you have to be not to pinch the card when removing.

All I have is raw cards, so I went to a card store and looked at ways to preserve my cards. I think the screw downs were the ones that made the most sense to me. Those plexiglass thingy's with the screws, right?

The stores I went to didn't have the screw downs that would fit the tobacco cards, they were all too big. I have no idea what a penny sleeve is, but I might want to get some screw downs, depending on the price.

Or maybe someone would be good enough to educate me on what's best, or how to make that determination based on my needs.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:03 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Actually it has been done sorry your not the first... here's a bonus it's from a source we all can trust!

http://www.t206museum.com/page/tensizesleeves.html

Also for the record I didn't think Adam was too rough...I agree seemed like a fishing post for a business transaction which really should be in the BST area.

Cheers,

John

P.S. Murray's in London also makes small penny type T-card sleeves.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Mark Kirk

Default Check this site out It is the cheapest you will find

I have dealt with this guy for years and he is the best suppy dealer I have dealt with. Get him to send his wholesale price list and you can save even more. Sorry Pupster but this is my way of doing a service for the whole community. These guys are great to deal with. Tom is the owner and he is a real good guy to deal with.
http://www.shop.hookedoncardsonline.com/
Mark
Old 10-20-2009, 11:21 PM
Mark Kirk

Default Almost forgot

If you send a USPS Money order he does not make you wait. Sorry again Pupster but facts are facts. And Karma is a bitch!
Mark
Old 10-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Joe P.

Default Easy there WONK .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
Actually it has been done sorry your not the first... here's a bonus it's from a source we all can trust!

http://www.t206museum.com/page/tensizesleeves.html

Also for the record I didn't think Adam was too rough...I agree seemed like a fishing post for a business transaction which really should be in the BST area.

Cheers,

John

P.S. Murray's in London also makes small penny type T-card sleeves.

When you're dealing with the tender thin skin, you have to go easy.
Even a well known fact, can be considered an attack by those of the tender thin skin. ..... Be gentle.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Mark Kirk

Default Hey Joe

"What you doing with that gun in your hand"
Jimi Hendrix

Man I am feeling old. My birthday was yesterday the 20th and turned 54.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Joe P.

Default Happy Birthday Mark .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerscoin View Post
"What you doing with that gun in your hand"
Jimi Hendrix

Man I am feeling old. My birthday was yesterday the 20th and turned 54.

Damn, I wish I was 54 ..... again.

I would have doubled my feed into the 401K ... It's now a 101K.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:30 AM
Mark Kirk

Default Joe

I don't even know what a 401k is really so I put all my money in the coin business. So far I am doing pretty good but it could go south anytime. I have been hoarding large cents and half cents for a few years and they are really looking good right now. Any 19th century circulated Good thru extra fine stuff is moving pretty well. Which I would have bought every 20 cent piece I could find at $40 but for a vg coin and just a tad more for Fine condition. Oh well can't have forsight to buy them all. Believe it or not but Bust Halves in vg to vf are really hot right now as are many of the early coins in decent but circulated condition. Bust Quarters are damn near impossible to find in my area at a decent price.
I dealt a quite awhile in National banknotes but that business has taken a tumble for the most part except for true rarities. Currency has seemed to cool down a bit. But the Crappies are hitting good down here in KY. Going out Sat and Sun to get my limit. I Hope!

Mark

Last edited by Minerscoin; 10-21-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:12 AM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerscoin View Post
I have dealt with this guy for years and he is the best suppy dealer I have dealt with. Get him to send his wholesale price list and you can save even more. Sorry Pupster but this is my way of doing a service for the whole community. These guys are great to deal with. Tom is the owner and he is a real good guy to deal with.
http://www.shop.hookedoncardsonline.com/
Mark
Yeah I know I have dealt with Tom many times. Still beat his pricing for product and shipping. PLus didn't you just order a bunch of them from me recently I am 100% sure you did. That doesn't realy make sense to be bashing for no reason. I never gave you or anyone else here a reason for this. Oh well you all can be how you are.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:42 AM
Jim R

Default Mark-here ya go

killing the crappies...

Jim09crappie.jpg
Old 10-21-2009, 05:45 AM
Jim R

one more from Janna

betweet Jim jr and Janna I just sit and watch

Janna09crappie.jpg
Old 10-21-2009, 10:06 AM
Joe P.

Default Hello Mark

My advise to The Wonk about being gentle with The Tender Skin population, might be something to consider when dealing with The Puppy.
He's struggling for top billing among the The Thin Skinners on this board.
As to his business acumen ..... he's brilliant!
Think of the business he would have lost if he kept his promise to stay away from the board.
I guess he saw the error of his way, and allowed the board to talk him into not running away from home.

Go for the Crappies, but don't compete with Jim Rivera's kids, Jim Jr, and Janna.
I had the pleasure of meeting them both, and they are on top of their game, regardless what the game is.

And remember, go easy on The Puppy.
He bruises easily ... even when you say __ "Good Morning"
Old 10-21-2009, 10:12 AM
Mark Kirk

Default Wow

Now those are some nice Crappies.
Bet those were some good eating.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:03 AM
Barry Sloate

Mark- I've been collecting large cents for the last few years. I sell my duplicates on ebay and the market is still pretty strong.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Eric Bea.chley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaiko View Post
Forgive my rookie ignorance, but I'm not familiar with the sleeve jargon. Can you tell me what the difference is between these kinds of sleeves?

I'll assume that a top loader is what's pictured. You open up the top and slide it in right? So everytime you take the card out you risk damaging the corners, not to mention how careful you have to be not to pinch the card when removing.

All I have is raw cards, so I went to a card store and looked at ways to preserve my cards. I think the screw downs were the ones that made the most sense to me. Those plexiglass thingy's with the screws, right?

The stores I went to didn't have the screw downs that would fit the tobacco cards, they were all too big. I have no idea what a penny sleeve is, but I might want to get some screw downs, depending on the price.

Or maybe someone would be good enough to educate me on what's best, or how to make that determination based on my needs.
Geez, here is a reasonable question from a newbie, completely ignored.

What you see pictured is NOT a toploader that often ding corners when you insert a card. It's a very thin plastic sheath that you put the card in first. If you bashed your card against it you probably wouldn't leave a mark. After the card is in the plastic sleeve, it can then be slid into a toploader safely - the corner of the plastic sleeve goes right in and the rest follows easily. You then get the added protection of an increase of surface tension within the plastic sleeve that keeps the card from moving around the toploader too much. It's also easier to remove, just grab the sleeve sticking out slightly.

They are often called penny sleeves since you can get a pack of 100 for $1. Well worth the price, all my toploaders have a penny sleeve within.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Joe P.

Default Hello egbeachley

With all due respect, you did a beautiful step by step description of a penny saver.

BUT ... In all fairness, if you were to look at post # 20 ... Click on the T206 hyper link ... you will see a pretty good break down on penny savers, that also includes a description of same.

Sometimes, you have to read the whole thread.
Better yet, let's combine both post.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potomac Yank View Post
With all due respect, you did a beautiful step by step description of a penny saver.
Yes he did and this rookie found it more understandable than the description on the T206 page. Remember I'm a rookie....what hand does the glove go on?

Thanks egbeachley.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:39 PM
Jason

Default One time, at band camp...

Wow, so are the toploaders from Andrew for stuffing the fish into?

I blinked once when reading this thread and boy did it ever take a turn down the wrong street...now I'm stuck in a land where we talk of coins, fish, 401ks, and plastic sleeves that may or may not be a good deal depending on their source and usage?

Happy 54th birthday to all and to all a good night!
Old 10-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Joe P.

Default Hello Tsaiko ... Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaiko View Post
Yes he did and this rookie found it more understandable than the description on the T206 page. Remember I'm a rookie....what hand does the glove go on?

Thanks egbeachley.

I agree with you.
The point of the Wonka post was more to prove that The Puppy was not the first to push penny sleeves, and he selected the T206 site (tongue in cheek) to prove that.
Although it described the penny savers, I agree with you, egbeachley's description was more newbie friendly.
That's why I recommended the combination of both post.

Again,
Welcome aboard!
Old 10-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Joe P.

Default And to all a good night! .....

JasonL
Please, please don't tell us that you're pulling a Puppy on us .....
I don't know if we can handle it
Old 10-21-2009, 02:19 PM
Eric Bea.chley

Quote:

BUT ... In all fairness, if you were to look at post # 20 ... Click on the T206 hyper link ... you will see a pretty good break down on penny savers, that also includes a description of same.

Sometimes, you have to read the whole thread.
Better yet, let's combine both post.
Thanks for the update. I apologize for the comment. But in my defense I thought we were supposed to avoid that website
Old 10-21-2009, 02:27 PM
D.B. Cooper

Now if T206museum would only sell penny sleeves with black overprint bars stamped on each sleeve, then we'd be onto something special...
Old 10-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Jim R

Default Jason

I should have held back on the crappie. I usually stay away from the dart throwing and the OT but I will admit I am very addicted to my children, fishing and cardboard so every now and then I may let one fly.

cfc1909 means children~fishing~cards from 1909 and in that order...
Old 10-21-2009, 02:48 PM
Dan Studebaker

Jim -

Your picture was my favorite part of the thread; kids are the best.

Last edited by dstudeba; 10-21-2009 at 03:50 PM. Reason: horrendous grammar
Old 10-21-2009, 03:07 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Default Wow

Talk about a turn after 5 days learning jail lingo the

"The Thin Skinners" mean something else ENTIRELY, I hope there are not any on this board!!!

Last edited by Republicaninmass; 10-21-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Talk about a turn after 5 days learning jail lingo the

"The Thin Skinners" mean something else ENTIRELY, I hope there are not any on this board!!!
Uhh....are you saying you just spent 5 days in jail?
Old 10-21-2009, 03:31 PM
Jim R

Thanks Dan-my favorite part of the thread also.

My kids are my life-Janna usually sets up at the Philly show with me and Ted but she is away at college. The National (Baltimore) will be the next time she will make a card show. She still comes home on some weekends so I can wash her clothes and shell out some coin...
Old 10-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Joe P.

Default Come on Dan .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Uhh....are you saying you just spent 5 days in jail?

What else can you expect from a Republicaninmass ..... the devil made me say it.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Jason

Default oh I get it...

Quote:
JasonL
Please, please don't tell us that you're pulling a Puppy on us .....
I don't know if we can handle it
Pot Yank...I didn't get your meaning at first.
No, you all should only be so lucky as to have me sign off!!!
no such luck.
I just couldn't figure out another way to end my stoopid post!
Old 10-22-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:

Again,
Welcome aboard!
Thanks
Old 10-22-2009, 03:28 PM
S Gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony S. View Post
Now if T206museum would only sell penny sleeves with black overprint bars stamped on each sleeve, then we'd be onto something special...

I agree with Anthony, T206museum penny sleeves are the only way to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps2.jpg