NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-29-2005, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Default I must clear my name

Posted By: daviddbreadman

I have to clear my name and set the record straight.

1) I have been on this forum for 6 months and I try to follow all the rules.

2) If I broke any rules I would have preferred Leon to politely let me know privately. The fact is I never ONCE received an email from him (contrary to his use of the word email in the "Leon, what do you have against nationalsportscards.com?" thread) informing me that I was doing something wrong. I have yet to understand what offense I incriminated myself on.

3) I never had a predetermined advertising campain for either nationalsportscards.com or my own cards. I am a rare user of the BST thread, mostly lurk. I have recently decided to sell some of my T207 cards and haphazardly posted a few in the beginning and added must more after a few weeks. The dates of my posts are clearly visible in my T207 thread in the BST (the title of which Leon edited for some reason). They are as follows below and have no cheap bumps in them, nor are they coordinated as Leon states:

9/7 I added a few T207 cards for sale and did inlude a link to my OWN T207 cards on the nationalsportscards site.

9/10 I added one more and decided to go through the rest of my T207.

9/19 I was able to have some time to scan 10 more cards and added them.

9/20 LEON TOOK ISSUE WITH SOMETHING I DID AND EDITED ALL MY POSTS TO REMOVE MY LINKS AND LATER ACTUALLY CHANGED SOME OF MY TEXT THAT WAS SEPARATE FROM THE LINKS. I NEVER HEARD FROM LEON PRIOR TO THIS THAT HIS PATIENCE WAS WEARING THIN WITH ME. NOR DID I EVER HEAR PRIVATELY FROM HIM VIA EMAIL THAT HIS PATIENCE WAS WEARING THIN WITH ME.

9/27 I originally ignored his editing but when I noticed he later edited my titles I got pissed off that my thread was edited and my links removed. I also noticed that Leon then removed his own wording from the thread he edited so I posted a new message with a copy of his text that he himself later removed for some unknown reason.

4) I have not had a private email conversation with Leon for at least 4 months when he emailed me with a request that i use my real full name if I posted in any predetermined 'controversial threads'. I found his request reasonable and haven't heard from him since.

5) I simply wanted to sell some cards and show the links to them.

6) I choose to list my cards at nationalsportscards.com. I will continue to post links to my own cards as long as links to eBay are permitted. If we cannot post links to our cards, that is unfortunately but should be universal.

7) Looks like I haven't yet made it to the 'in' list of members. I appear to have very little slack on my rope.

Old 09-29-2005, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Default I must clear my name

Posted By: leon

I responded to this in the other thread. If I ask you to not do something then you will not do it. Period. If I decide to let EVERYONE in the friggin' world EXCEPT YOU, do something.....guess what...it's my call.....You don't need to tell me what you are going to do on this site.... or else you won't be posting at all anymore.....thanks again

ps...one last thing...when I said my patience was wearing thin I should have noted this is only one thing....there are more by others.....this really isn't that big of a deal unless we make it into one...