NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Default Who is E-Bay seller "sandandy"?

Posted By: Aaron

His listings carry the MastroNet logo and descriptions claim "the authenticators behind MastroNet stand behind us". Not too coincidentally, all the various game-worn equipment come with LOA's from Dave Bushing.

Is sandandy another seller name for Dave Bushing?

If not, who are these Mastro authenticators snadandy refers to?

And what is sandandy's relationship to Mastronet?

Any answers would be appreciated.

Old 02-07-2005, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

Unless I am mistaken, it's Dan Knoll. From my experience as a buyer, the seller is reliable and knowledgeable.

Old 02-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Chuck Ross

I think it may be Dan Knoll and his wife...I think the name is a congolomeration of their two names (Dan and Sandy?). In any case, I've never had any problems with anything I've won from them.

Old 02-07-2005, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark Tylicki

In March, 2003 I won an auction from The Best of Yesterday. I received an e-mail to pay $21.26. I received another invoice to pay $22.51. I sent a check for $21.26. A week later I received the following e-mail:

Dear Mark,
Thanks so much for your payment we rec'd today. As clearly stated in our auctions before you bid shipping and insurance are non negotiable. Please send the balance of $1.25 at your earliest convenience.
Thanks Sandie

I replied:

Dear Sandie,
As "clearly" stated in the e-mail received from Best Of Yesterday, the total for these items was $21.26. A copy of these specific payment instructions (e-mail from you) was included with my check. Please review your records. If the e-mail was incorrect then it should not have been sent - too confusing! I don't have time to go back to every auction listing to verify if merchant e-mails are correct. That's the sellers responsibility in my opinion. Please let me know when these items will be shipped.
Mark Tylicki

I received the cards. But soon thereafter, I was banned from bidding on any more of their auctions - all over a $1.25. FUNNY STUFF! I really want some of their PSA 9 1944 American Beauties - too bad I'm BANNED.

Old 02-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Administrator

So you're saying the seller emailed a second, corrected invoice because he made a mistake on the first. Am I to assume that if the first invoice was higher than the second, you would have paid the higher price?

Old 02-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark Tylicki

The check was in the mail before I received the second e-mail so yes

Old 02-07-2005, 10:53 PM
Administrator

I still recommend sandandy as a seller, but admit that writing checks, filling out addresses and licking envelopes is a chore I dislike and not one I wish perform two twice per every purchase.

Old 02-08-2005, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Posted By: J Levine

I won a very small auction (something like $5). I got an invoice for just the bid price from ebay and from another invoicing service. Two invoices said $5 so I went back and looked at the auction and nowhere in the description did it list shipping price. I wrote the check, addressed it, and sent it...three days later I get an e-mail from the seller saying I did not include the $1 shipping. I forwarded both e-mail invoices and referred him to his auction and politely told him that I would write another check less the second postage charge ($1-.37 stamp = .63). He then sent me a nasty e-mail saying that I should pay the whole $1!!! I told this dealer that he could keep his auction, I will void the check and leave negative feedback and report him to ebay. I also gave him a paragraph on customer service, the influence of customers you might not know (meaning he sells vintage material and I know a lot of vintage collectors), and the idea of checking things before they are sent. He actually apologized in his next e-mail and I got the card the this week with another apology. I just do not understand the lack of customer service some of these people display.

-Joshua

Old 02-08-2005, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jamie

i really dont care for those automatic billing services. aside from the confusion factor of having to fill out a whole other set of forms, it totally removes the personal factor.

ive had similar problems as well with conflicting totals from these services

Old 02-08-2005, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: J.McMurry

It seems to be the philosophy of todays society. Make the most money by doing the least for it. I commend you for not accepting that.

Old 02-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob

I've had nothing but good experiences dealing with "sandandy", but I've always been amazed at how much business "booniecubs" seems to throw their way. What devotion.

Old 02-09-2005, 05:36 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dan mckee

Sandandy is Dan and Sandy Knoll and they are affiliated with mastronet and the Knoll's come HIGHLY RECOMMENDED by me and are very classy people. Bid with confidence. Dan Mckee.