NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-11-2018, 12:53 PM
D.mitr.y D.

Default Incredible eBay find that never materialized (newly discovered info on 6/26!!!)

This happened a little while ago, and I never planned to post about it here, but after being encouraged by a fellow board member, I've decided to go ahead and share my story.

About a month ago, I spotted a dream card of mine on eBay for a price that I couldn't believe. A 1907 Dietsche postcard Cobb Batting PSA 2.5 for $1200. What luck, I thought to myself, as I purchased and paid for it via a Buy-It-Now listing. About 20 minutes later, I even got a shipping notice and a tracking number! I was excited beyond belief!

It was only 10 minutes later that reality struck and the seller cancelled the sale. I asked the seller why my order was cancelled, and the reply was that their kids jumped on and damaged both the PSA case, as well as the card itself in the process.

Of course I didn't believe a word of it, and had some choice words for the seller. Needless to say, I left negative feedback and just decided to move on, chalking it up to bad luck.

In my opinion, what happened was that someone contacted the seller immediately after I made the purchase and offered considerably more. After all, the card is probably worth north of $3000. Maybe even $4000. No matter - it's the seller's job to research and price the item accordingly.

This is why I'd like for everyone here to know that the seller, maxcollector69, is very dishonest. I do hope they are not a member of Net54. I'm sure the dishonest buyer will also not let themselves be known.

This also goes to show that outing an eBay listing that recently ended is a very bad idea. There are lots of greedy a-holes out there that will try their best to snatch that great deal away from you. As in my case, they sometimes succeed.

Link to the original listing, which sold on 5/12/18
https://www.ebay.com/itm/253618997568

6/26/18 UPDATE - the card was relisted on eBay by showpiecessports for $5995. Linked below.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123214423640

Last edited by sterlingfox; 06-27-2018 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:17 PM
Robert Williams

Tough break on the card. I'll have to take your word that it's worth that much, because I'm looking on VCP and I don't see it being worth $4,000+.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:26 PM
Sean Costello

This same thing happened a few years ago with a T206 Lenox and an a__hole seller on eBay. The seller had a store in Texas, I think it was called Battersbox.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost out on your card. I hate it when a third party jumps in and messes up a deal.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:31 PM
D.mitr.y D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Tough break on the card. I'll have to take your word that it's worth that much, because I'm looking on VCP and I don't see it being worth $4,000+.
A very recent REA sale of an SGC 20 with heavy creasing went for $3300.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:34 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingfox View Post
And PWCC had a SGC 40 sale for $2,500 recently. The prices are all over the place on the card. But yes, someone shouldn't have messed with your auction.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:38 PM
D.mitr.y D.

Quote:
And PWCC had a SGC 40 sale for $2,500 recently. The prices are all over the place on the card. But yes, someone shouldn't have messed with your auction.
Agreed, but I do think that the market has shifted a bit on this card in the 3 short months between those 2 comps.

It seems to be taking a similar road as the '25 Exhibits Gehrig - becoming more accepted in the hobby as a rookie card (along with the fielding pose).

Last edited by sterlingfox; 06-11-2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:39 PM
Aaron

Quote:
Did the crease look like it had been caused by kids jumping on it?
Old 06-11-2018, 01:41 PM
D.mitr.y D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansaad View Post
They are 2 completely different cards. The REA sale happened before this card was offered for sale.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:43 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

even worse when you find it was a friend (former) and N54 member (current) who contacted the seller

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 06-11-2018, 01:44 PM
Brian
Brian Long.ley

A PSA Authentic sold in May REA's auction for $4200. I just paid $2k for an SGC 10... At any rate, that is not cool.... I'm sorry the seller did that, he screwed up, but that should be his loss and not yours. I won't be buying anything from him, so thank you for letting me know.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:47 PM
Al Richter

Quote:
Old 06-11-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Under no circumstances should anyone ever store graded cards on top of trampolines. However, raw is okay.

Brian
Old 06-11-2018, 02:01 PM
D.mitr.y D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
even worse when you find it was a friend (former) and N54 member (current) who contacted the seller
I'm sorry to hear that you went through something similar, especially since it was a (former) friend of yours. If you don't mind, I'd like to know who this N54 member is via PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:35 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Bad seller doesn't seem to be selling anything right now...
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:48 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Had this happen a couple of times

The worst at a Robert Morris show in Pittsburgh - I was a dealer - a guy walked up with a hell of a collection - mostly 1920's-1940's - Ruth's, Gerhig's, a few key autographs, postcards, etc. While I was negotiating a deal with the guy, a dealer set up across from me - Tony (I believe from a company named Superior sports - older guy back then - short, Skinny, black hair - very into trophies and memorabilia) walks over to my table and says to the guy "don't make a deal with him (me) until you talk to me". It was as close as I've ever come to jumping across my table and hitting someone. He ended up stealing the deal from me. Felt like hitting him the rest of the show - certainly shared w few choice words. Gets my blood boiling just remembering it. As it happened there was a small bit of Karma in the room and when Tony was packing up -he dropped and broke one of his trophies - couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

Sorry this happened to you op.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:03 PM
Orlando Rodriguez

A good rule of thumb is never buy from a guy who sneaks a 69 in their eBay handle.

A PSA 4 sold for $5,760 on Heritage in February.

Last edited by orly57; 06-11-2018 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:16 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Similar thing happened to me. I was told the next day that the card sold on their website minutes before I made the purchase on ebay and paid right away. I still hold a bit of a grudge with the seller because I haven't come across another card since. That card was a T205 Collins Yellow Elephant.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11

Old 06-11-2018, 05:54 PM
Chris Counts

I've been on both sides of this one, and you just can't put a price on integrity. I've left money on the table before because I've previously agreed to sell something for less, and a bigger offer came in. I once had a Net54 seller yank a deal out from under me under similar circumstances, and I will never deal with that seller again. There are just too many good sellers out there.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:28 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Deans cards has done it at least once to me as well. If so.eone pays he stupid price he wonders why. I wouldn't pee on him if he was on fire, and debated legal action. He sold th e card for quite a bit more, therfore damages could have been measured

Old 06-11-2018, 06:40 PM
Dan McHugh IV
Banned

sorry to hear that happened to you but is that card really a $3k card??? It seems like only a couple years ago I bought a PSA 4 off ebay for UNDER $1K
Old 06-11-2018, 06:42 PM
Dan McHugh IV
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orly57 View Post
A good rule of thumb is never buy from a guy who sneaks a 69 in their eBay handle.

A PSA 4 sold for $5,760 on Heritage in February.
thats ridiculous!
Old 06-11-2018, 08:56 PM
Jay Cee

Its a new game for Cobb postcards including Dietsche.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7888.jpg (64.4 KB, 1243 views)
Old 06-12-2018, 07:58 AM
Rob

Not nearly on par with the OPs experience....but just a recent "funny excuse" story. Last week I won an early 70's Pro Bowl pennant that I didn't need...but bidding was at $0.99 in the closing seconds so I said what the heck. I won the thing for $1.25.

A couple days later...tragedy struck. I get a message from the seller stating that just as he was packaging my pennant for shipment, his mother dropped a glass of water shattering it and spraying my pennant in the process. He was sure I would no longer want it in "that condition" (i.e....wet) and apologized for the inconvenience. I said no...that's fine. I still want it. Haven't received it yet.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:12 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
Not nearly on par with the OPs experience....but just a recent "funny excuse" story. Last week I won an early 70's Pro Bowl pennant that I didn't need...but bidding was at $0.99 in the closing seconds so I said what the heck. I won the thing for $1.25.

A couple days later...tragedy struck. I get a message from the seller stating that just as he was packaging my pennant for shipment, his mother dropped a glass of water shattering it and spraying my pennant in the process. He was sure I would no longer want it in "that condition" (i.e....wet) and apologized for the inconvenience. I said no...that's fine. I still want it. Haven't received it yet.
LOL. Thanks for the chuckle.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:00 AM
D.mitr.y D.

Quote:

Definitely an excuse to not sell an item that sold for an amount lower than the seller expected.

If a seller is expecting a certain amount, why not just list it as a Buy-It-Now and avoid these types of shenanigans?

Then again, I bought a BIN and the seller pulled the same crap...

Last edited by sterlingfox; 06-12-2018 at 10:03 AM.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:01 PM

My cat actually did eat one of my cards (a 1952 Topps Feller) that was on ebay. Being that it happened with 6 hours left I only had an unbelievable story that made me look like a flake.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:15 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1954 View Post
My cat actually did eat one of my cards (a 1952 Topps Feller) that was on ebay. Being that it happened with 6 hours left I only had an unbelievable story that made me look like a flake.
I had a cat years ago that somehow knew what the valuable cards were and if I didn't play with the cat when he wanted to play, I would end up finding teeth marks on those cards. He was kinda like a little brother.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11

Old 06-12-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:

After reading your various posts about issues with receiving pennants I have officially banned pennants and all their felt-like friends from my collection...they just aren't worth the hassle.

Brian (living a cardboard pure life for decades)
Old 06-12-2018, 01:51 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

This is one of the many reasons I never get even a little bit excited about a purchase until it's in my hands. Easy come, easy go.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:35 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
This is one of the many reasons I never get even a little bit excited about a purchase until it's in my hands. Easy come, easy go.
Unfortunately true

Old 06-12-2018, 05:04 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
After reading your various posts about issues with receiving pennants I have officially banned pennants and all their felt-like friends from my collection...they just aren't worth the hassle.

Brian (living a cardboard pure life for decades)
Yeah...I've had more than my fair share of interesting experiences. But I've had great ones too. I think the size and shape of pennants leads to a lot of issues. People who don't sell them regularly, don't know how to ship them. And there's also no reference material so they don't know what to expect when they sell them. The good definitely outweighs the bad....but the bad is more fun to talk about.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:46 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie73 View Post
I had a cat years ago that somehow knew what the valuable cards were and if I didn't play with the cat when he wanted to play, I would end up finding teeth marks on those cards. He was kinda like a little brother.
Teething cats and baseball cards are not a good combo. One time I found our Beagle (*RIP) with a Schapira Big Show HOF'er in her mouth. It was in an ultra pro holder with teeth marks but escaped injury itself. That was a close call.

As far as ebay finds, I have had several sales canceled due to board members spouting off about them here, before the cards were shipped. IT sucks.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:16 PM
Brian
Brian Long.ley

Guess what??? It seems the sale that never materialized has made itself back on eBay.... different seller, but same holder and it doesn't seem damaged at all. Current asking price is now a bit over $5k....

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F123214423640

Last edited by BLongley; 06-26-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:13 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Similar things happen to eBay sellers. I had a buyer who won a high priced card from me. Less than an hour after he won the card, he told me that he no longer wanted it because he found it cheaper somewhere else.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 06-26-2018, 08:16 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
Similar things happen to eBay sellers. I had a buyer who won a high priced card from me. Less than an hour after he won the card, he told me that he no longer wanted it because he found it cheaper somewhere else.
Happens all the time with me....block and move on.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:08 PM
Brian
Brian Long.ley

Quote:
Happens all the time with me....block and move on.
No the case on this one was that the OP won the card at a great price, paid and received shipping confirm. Then he suddenly receives an email from the seller ( maxcollector69) saying that the card case and card itself was damaged by his kids and canceled the sale.... this was obviously a lie, he had in fact sold the card for half of what was worth made up the lie, canceled the trade, and obviously sold it for a higher price to the new seller (showpiecesports) who must have contacted him to say he sold it too low and that he would pay more and is now attempting to sell the exact same card in the exact same case, no damage from the kids.... for $5995 (the OP had done buy it now for $1200)....lots of low morals here with these two sellers... maxcollector69 in particular....

Last edited by BLongley; 06-26-2018 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:47 PM
D.mitr.y D.

I have contacted showpiecessports, and they said they are not consigning this piece for anyone. That means they are almost certainly the buyer.

Does anyone know if showpiecessports is on Net54?

Here a link to the new auction:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/123214423640

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLongley View Post
No the case on this one was that the OP won the card at a great price, paid and received shipping confirm. Then he suddenly receives an email from the seller ( maxcollector69) saying that the card case and card itself was damaged by his kids and canceled the sale.... this was obviously a lie, he had in fact sold the card for half of what was worth made up the lie, canceled the trade, and obviously sold it for a higher price to the new seller (showpiecesports) who must have contacted him to say he sold it too low and that he would pay more and is now attempting to sell the exact same card in the exact same case, no damage from the kids.... for $5995 (the OP had done buy it now for $1200)....lots of low morals here with these two sellers... maxcollector69 in particular....
Old 06-27-2018, 04:21 AM
D.mitr.y D.

The new seller is now claiming that he got the card in a trade for an expensive autograph, yet he won't tell me who he got it from.

He also claims he knows nothing of cards or Dietsche PCs, yet he has hundreds of graded cards for sale in his eBay store.

I'm now even more certain that showpiecessports is the one who bought the card from maxcollector69.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:59 AM
Matthew
Ma.tt Wy.llie

I won’t be buying from them, ever. Especially since everything is waaaay overpriced. Lol You should let them know that people are boycotting the store due to their actions. Did you message the original seller with the new auction number and ask about condition of the holder?! Wonder what story they are going to come up with.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:18 AM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Is there any way to block sellers on ebay? So i dont see their listings?
Old 06-27-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksfan09 View Post
Is there any way to block sellers on ebay? So i dont see their listings?
I just wrote the seller and requested that they block me from their future auctions. I don't wish to deal with people like this, and don't want to accidentally forget who they are and bid from them.

Oh, and if you're an ebay seller and find this acceptable behavior ... feel free to ban me from bidding on your auctions too. Thanks!

Cheers,
Patrick
Old 06-27-2018, 08:38 AM
D.mitr.y D.

Yes, I've sent a message to maxcollector69 with a link to the new auction.

Still waiting to hear back from them, but I don't expect a reply, as they never responded to me again after they sent me the story about how the PSA holder got broken and how the card got damaged.

I've also let the new seller know that their actions in this ordeal won't go unnoticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
I won’t be buying from them, ever. Especially since everything is waaaay overpriced. Lol You should let them know that people are boycotting the store due to their actions. Did you message the original seller with the new auction number and ask about condition of the holder?! Wonder what story they are going to come up with.

Last edited by sterlingfox; 06-27-2018 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMPEP View Post
I just wrote the seller and requested that they block me from their future auctions. I don't wish to deal with people like this, and don't want to accidentally forget who they are and bid from them.

Oh, and if you're an ebay seller and find this acceptable behavior ... feel free to ban me from bidding on your auctions too. Thanks!

Cheers,
Patrick
Just a follow up ... I sent a very professional note jsaying that I read about his business practices on Net54 and wished to be banned from his future auctions.

His response: "Must be my lucky day" (Full and complete message)

VERY happy to not deal with someone like him in the future.

Cheers,
Patrick
Old 06-27-2018, 09:20 AM
Kyle May

I think eBay would like to hear about this. They presumably lost guaranteed money buy a transaction on eBay being cancelled in favor of a transaction involving the same card off eBay.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame
Old 06-27-2018, 10:00 AM
D.mitr.y D.

Funny you should mention this - I just got done reporting both of them to eBay over the phone for engaging in a transaction outside of eBay.

This is a direct violation of eBay rules.

I hope they both get banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
I think eBay would like to hear about this. They presumably lost guaranteed money buy a transaction on eBay being cancelled in favor of a transaction involving the same card off eBay.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:07 AM
C.hris Bl.and

Quote:
Funny you should mention this - I just got done reporting both of them to eBay over the phone for engaging in a transaction outside of eBay.

Unfortunately that will be a long shot, at best. Showpiecessports has 6500+ items for sale right now. Ebay isn't going to ban them for one transaction. All about their bottom line...

Type 1 photos of baseball HOFers
N172 Old Judge Portraits

Will buy or trade for the above. Check out my cards at:

www.imageevent.com/crb972
Old 06-27-2018, 12:32 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
And also, wouldn't you potentially have a legal recourse against the original seller as well? I'm not a lawyer but, I know there is the possibility of a suit being brought for specific performance. But that is typically only for real estate transactions because of the specific and unique nature of such sales. Still, and you could confirm this with Ebay, I believe transactions executed using their platform are considered the same as a binding contract. If so, it sure sounds like you had completed the sale and offered adequate compensation for the item being purchased, and then got lied to as to what happened. And if in fact the Cobb postcard now for sale on Ebay at almost four times what you would have paid for it is the same card in the same PSA holder, you pretty much have him by the you-know-whats! At this point you probably can't force him to complete the transaction as he now longer has the card. But, you could at least ask for damages, which I believe should at least be the additional profit he made on screwing you and selling to this other guy who cut in on your deal.

It obviously is not worth it to formally go to sue this guy and pay an attorney to try taking him to court but, it couldn't hurt to threaten him with exposing what he did to Ebay and and also threaten to sue him for the difference he cost you, plus all the court costs and your attorney fees to go after him. From what you've said and shown, you have this guy dead to rights and can fairly easily prove he's guilty as sin of cheating you. Worst case scenario, he tells you to go pound salt, and you walk away knowing he's a jerk and never do business with him again. Better case scenario, he gives/pays you something so you don't go after him or report him to Ebay and you maybe have some money to at least go buy something else for yourself.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:53 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:

Ha!

Ebay doesn't give a shit.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:44 PM
D.mitr.y D.

I've already reported both parties to eBay, but I don't think it would be worth it for me to try and sue him for the difference between what I paid and what he sold it for.

He is also not responding to any of my messages, so I don't think a threat of a lawsuit will make any bit of difference to him.

My only hope from all of this is that maxcollector69 and showpiecessports both get exposed for what they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
And also, wouldn't you potentially have a legal recourse against the original seller as well? I'm not a lawyer but, I know there is the possibility of a suit being brought for specific performance. But that is typically only for real estate transactions because of the specific and unique nature of such sales. Still, and you could confirm this with Ebay, I believe transactions executed using their platform are considered the same as a binding contract. If so, it sure sounds like you had completed the sale and offered adequate compensation for the item being purchased, and then got lied to as to what happened. And if in fact the Cobb postcard now for sale on Ebay at almost four times what you would have paid for it is the same card in the same PSA holder, you pretty much have him by the you-know-whats! At this point you probably can't force him to complete the transaction as he now longer has the card. But, you could at least ask for damages, which I believe should at least be the additional profit he made on screwing you and selling to this other guy who cut in on your deal.

It obviously is not worth it to formally go to sue this guy and pay an attorney to try taking him to court but, it couldn't hurt to threaten him with exposing what he did to Ebay and and also threaten to sue him for the difference he cost you, plus all the court costs and your attorney fees to go after him. From what you've said and shown, you have this guy dead to rights and can fairly easily prove he's guilty as sin of cheating you. Worst case scenario, he tells you to go pound salt, and you walk away knowing he's a jerk and never do business with him again. Better case scenario, he gives/pays you something so you don't go after him or report him to Ebay and you maybe have some money to at least go buy something else for yourself.

Last edited by sterlingfox; 06-27-2018 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:46 PM
D.mitr.y D.

While that might be true, I still feel it was worth my 10 minutes on the phone to report the incident and let eBay investigate, even if nothing comes of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
Ha!

Ebay doesn't give a shit.