NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
Shop Ebay Promotions
Vintage Memorabilia
Pre WWII-(Pre 1942) Baseball
Post WWII (1942-1980) Baseball
Modern (1980-present) Baseball

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-26-2019, 02:08 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default TexasCardShow.com- Comerica Stars Center - Frisco Tx., April 26th-28th, 2019

As previously discussed Kyle Robertson and I are putting on a 200 table card show in Frisco Texas, on April 26-27-28, TexasCardShow.com. We are excited about doing it and have a lot of great ideas. We know there will be some 1970s Cowboys HOF'ers signing plus many others. Tables are first come first served. We are still working out some details but most of it can now be seen on a site we will share with the Dallas Card Show site.... Our site is TexasCardShow.Com. We don't have online ordering of tables so emailing or calling to reserve is it for now.
We are happy to have Heritage Auctions occupying the first 8 tables and PWCC occupying the second 8 tables. Robert Edward Auctions will be set up taking consignments, doing appraisals and signing folks up for their catalogs etc..Roger Neufeldt, of Sports Memories, will have at least 4 tables at the front too. RMY Auctions will be set up and doing expert photograph evaluations for free. Scott Brockelman and Dan Mckee have both signed up for multiple tables with their loads of vintage. We expect a lot of other well known dealers and collectors to be on board too. SGC will be onsite taking submissions and Beckett will be doing some sort of grading and possibly autograph authentication. They are busy and the details are being worked out. We haven't spoken to PSA but they will be invited too. There hasn't been a show like this, in this area, for quite some time so it is sort of virgin territory. There could even be a walk in or two.
It will be held at the Dallas Stars Headquarters in the Comerica (previously Dr.Pepper) Stars Arena in Frisco, Texas. (just north of Dallas) right off of the Dallas North Tollway. It is a really nice and fairly new facility. There are 4000 stadium seats around the arena so there will be plenty of room to relax after a lot of walking the floor. There are a lot more details coming.
The show will be in an identical arena that shares a side with the Dallas Stars practice rink and has an identical layout except there will be stadium seats on all sides of it, as in a normal arena environment. Other things will be happening in a few other floor areas of the show but it is too early to disclose those details. Hope to see everyone there!!

www.texascardshow.com

https://www.visitfrisco.com/sports/p.../dallas-stars/

Last edited by Leon; 01-30-2019 at 10:02 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 01-26-2019, 02:46 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

This is GREAT news, Leon! For a multitude of reasons, going to the National has only worked out for me once, and this year won't work out either. I am very excited to have this show so relatively close to home! I haven't been to a good show since the 2015 National.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2019, 03:00 PM
Matt

I hope to make the trip down from SW Kansas.

Successful transactions with: Wildfireschulte, bengineno9, Davids resale shop, dougcats, wcsportscards, Bryan Long, Moonlight Graham, sycks22, Set Builder, itjclarke, mybuddyinc x 2, Double-P-Enterprises, Michael McGuffin, sebie43, T2069bk, JollyRoger, LukeLyon x 2, drjdog5150, Beatles Guy, GehrigFan, piecesofthegame, AddieJoss, Marty, HOF Yankees, FrankWakefield, Tim Fritz, vcuono, T206blogcom, btcarfagno x 3, Bleedinblue, Tolstoi, brewing
Old 01-26-2019, 04:12 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Glad to hear of the excitement. This can be a SW National, guaranteed to be ran better than whatever the National committee is doing these days..We have ways of making more room if we run out of table space too!! What a novel idea. Also, there is about to be a minor board aesthetics change with an ad. More to see very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
This is GREAT news, Leon! For a multitude of reasons, going to the National has only worked out for me once, and this year won't work out either. I am very excited to have this show so relatively close to home! I haven't been to a good show since the 2015 National.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Leon; 01-26-2019 at 04:18 PM.
Old 01-26-2019, 04:26 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Table size?

Hi Leon, what size are the tables? Some of the shows where I set up have 6'x2 1/2', most have 8'x3', and one has 10' x 3'.

Thanks, and good luck with your show! Rick

T213-2 123 down 62 to go.
Old 01-26-2019, 04:30 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
Hi Leon, what size are the tables? Some of the shows where I set up have 6'x2 1/2', most have 8'x3', and one has 10' x 3'.

Thanks, and good luck with your show! Rick
The tables are 8' x 3'.

Last edited by Leon; 01-26-2019 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-26-2019, 05:22 PM
octavio ranzola

Its good to see shows like this ,,good luck mr leon
Old 01-26-2019, 05:27 PM
Andy H.

unfortunately it's too far for me to attend, but I wish you the very best with this venture Leon. I'm always glad to hear about a successful shows. Good Luck!!

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
Old 01-26-2019, 11:33 PM
Bob

Leon, I won't know for sure if I can do this show because I have been having a problem with my knees. If I get the all clear I would like to do this show. Is there enough room in back of the main tables for a table I bring to set extra cards on?

The three spots by the autograph area look pretty good.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:46 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisFlood View Post
Leon, I won't know for sure if I can do this show because I have been having a problem with my knees. If I get the all clear I would like to do this show. Is there enough room in back of the main tables for a table I bring to set extra cards on?

The three spots by the autograph area look pretty good.
Plenty of room and plenty of seating!! WE have all the tables you would need and I doubt we could allow more tables to be brought in because we have a layout we will try to stay on course with.
We would love to have any member set up with us, of course. WE need more vintage .