NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-03-2005, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Default Raw cards

Posted By: Henry

Where does everyone pick up they're raw prewar cards assuming you think ebay is a risk for condition and authenticity?

Old 11-03-2005, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Default Raw cards

Posted By: zach

I pick most of my cards up in private deals but do use ebay too. Authenticity is no big deal if you know what the real card looks like and you know how to spot fakes. I have no problems with ebay and am glad to say i've never bought a fake. Take some time and compare blatant ebay scams to real ones. Lets say take a t206 cobb PSA 3 and compare it to one being sold as is or not sure if its real. You will see a difference, the longer you collect the better your eye gets for these type of things. Plus, take baby steps. Don't go rushing into cards and just want the big stars like Cobb, buy commons or even lower grade hofers so you get the feel for the card and know what to look for.

Old 11-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Default Raw cards

Posted By: warshawlaw

I've been burned 2x on ebay with fakes. both were laser copies that could not have been picked up as such in an ebay scan. I will buy raw cards off ebay but only from dealers/sellers I know. Board members also are a credible source via the BST route.

Old 11-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Default Raw cards

Posted By: joe maples

I buy raw cards from major auction houses. Or from collectors I know and trust. The problems on ebay for me would be trimmed cards.

Old 11-03-2005, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Default Raw cards

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Only one return...so far! I sadly fear the rest of my collection is in the process of being graded by SGC (well, it could have been PSA, cheer up, Julie). At least I don't have to pay for it! Oh, and the Japanese cards won't be graded--Gary Engel says it would be a joke, as most of pre 1970 japanese cards were cut by hand. I'm going to keep the japanese and hockey cards a while. Except for the weird jackie Robinson, Japanese, that says "Chico Barbon" on it.

REA. March.

It's a lot easier than selling 3-400 cards individually...or sending them somewhere..or getting them graded myself...

I was AMAZED at what they wanted (all my chess cards!)..and also, at some of the stuff they didn't.

Two of my problem children,--the first things I ever posted here myself.

Old 11-03-2005, 11:28 PM
Administrator

Default Raw cards

Posted By: Mark

Zach, you are wise beyond your years.