NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-23-2019, 07:00 PM

Default Good Friend Passed Rolling Estate Clean Out Thread

A local friend passed away some time ago and was a collector his whole life. His daughter is taking her time and going through the estate and giving me items to sell for her. I thought it would be fun to start a thread and update it with what I get . There are alot of different items from all sports and alot that Im unsure about. Any advice or insight would be great. Thanks in advance!

Heres some stuff that was interesting (sorry for the large pics I will dial it down as more is posted)

Last edited by hanes1111; 04-23-2019 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:09 PM
pete ullman

cool bat...I think it's a store bought model but love the puddinhead!!!!!
Old 04-23-2019, 07:50 PM

He had "Very Rare" marked on this Khan's Hot Dog Card. I didnt find any immediate info on it but figured someone on here has better insight.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:06 PM
Howard Chasser

Default 1958 Kahns

That's a 1958 Kahn's Wally Post. The 58 Kahn's are quite elusive particularly in nice condition. I am not sure if the Wally Post is any harder than the others. If it is not, then it does not have much value in that condition ($10-20). Definitely confirm that it is not any harder than the rest as there are a few harder ones in the early Kahn's sets.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
That's a 1958 Kahn's Wally Post. The 58 Kahn's are quite elusive particularly in nice condition. I am not sure if the Wally Post is any harder than the others. If it is not, then it does not have much value in that condition ($10-20). Definitely confirm that it is not any harder than the rest as there are a few harder ones in the early Kahn's sets.
Just found on PSA website says post was a short print which is pretty exciting
Old 04-24-2019, 03:44 PM

Lots of Dixie Lids.....Anyone know of a good guide for these and are there rarer players or ice cream brands that bring a premium? Cool items!

Old 04-25-2019, 03:15 PM
Travis McCormick

Love the football helmet...That's a Steelers helmet correct?
Old 04-25-2019, 06:44 PM
Chris Counts

I know nothing about old football helmets, but that's either Bobby Layne's helmet from the early 1960s (which means it's worth a small fortune), or a knockoff of his helmet that was created at the time or many years later (which is probably the case since the helmet is in such nice shape). Not only did he wear No. 22, but I believe Layne was the last QB who didn't wear a face mask, and maybe the last player who didn't wear one.

I'm curious how much you're selling the ice cream lids for. I'd love to pick up a couple ...
Old 04-25-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Counts View Post
I know nothing about old football helmets, but that's either Bobby Layne's helmet from the early 1960s (which means it's worth a small fortune), or a knockoff of his helmet that was created at the time or many years later (which is probably the case since the helmet is in such nice shape). Not only did he wear No. 22, but I believe Layne was the last QB who didn't wear a face mask, and maybe the last player who didn't wear one.

I'm curious how much you're selling the ice cream lids for. I'd love to pick up a couple ...
it is a steelers bobby layne helmet but im leaning toward repro, me and another member chatted about it. Its almost flawless. I gotta figure out these dixie lids before im comfortable selling some. Was hoping there was a guide for them out there but just a bunch of pop up single article web pages. Ill keep you posted they are definitely a cool time period item IMO.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:03 AM
Travis McCormick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanes1111 View Post
it is a steelers bobby layne helmet but im leaning toward repro, me and another member chatted about it. Its almost flawless. I gotta figure out these dixie lids before im comfortable selling some. Was hoping there was a guide for them out there but just a bunch of pop up single article web pages. Ill keep you posted they are definitely a cool time period item IMO.
I'd be interested in the helmet if you do look to sell it at some point.
Old 05-09-2019, 05:29 PM

Found some golf passes/tickets.................. some autographed, not too sure on value . Probably going to have to do some digging.

Last edited by hanes1111; 05-09-2019 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:04 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

That Arnold Palmer auto with the Billy Casper tag is real enough! Not sure about Casper though...
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.