NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-28-2004, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Default Greetings from Newbie

Posted By: Scottopotamus

Greetings to all from Texas!

As the posts on this board seem to have absolutely nothing to do with "Gold Refractor Parallel Insert" cards of some guy in double A ball that I've never even heard of, I've decided to hang out here for my baseball card "fix".

The Beckett Vintage board is deader than the players I collect, so hopefully I will be able to learn something here!

I have a very, very low grade T206 collection, which is displayed on my website listed below.

Again, greetings to all.

http://www.freewebs.com/scottopotamus/

Old 03-28-2004, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Welcome to the asylum. We are much livelier than the players we collect. Even us old grummudgens that ahve been collecting for over 20 years still learn something here. And don't be afraid to speak up. MW's bark is worse than his bite and being called a dunderhead by him is a badge of honor around here.

Jay

Old 03-29-2004, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ump

Scott, I just viewed your wonderful T206 site. Good luck with your great set. I would like to display my set on a similiar site. Thanks for sharing. Bill

Old 03-29-2004, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Morrie

I'm enjoying looking through your collection - and I can say without a doubt that it's not the world's worst! They're beautiful cards, and to me, the grade you have them in is about perfect. They look like 95-year-old cards should look.

If I ever get a scanner, I'll probably do something similar with my collection. I have somewhere around 130 different, so nowhere near as many as you, and if I'm lucky, the average grade would be 1.5 or 2. A large portion of mine came from a lot I bought last year where 50-60 had paper loss on the back from being glued in albums, several (including a Johnson pitching card) had pencil on the front, and so forth.

It's a wonderful set, and I'm just happy to own them in any grade. Thanks for sharing!

Morrie

Old 03-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Posted By: three25hits

Welcome, and excellent site. After taking a look, it reminded me what collecting is all about -- thanks.

Old 03-29-2004, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John(z28jd)

Great website and theres definitely nothing wrong with the collection.Even if youre on a low budget,as long as you have no time limit theres no reason you cant get all but a few cards from the set.Just matters what your level of completeness is.

Ive been collecting the set for almost 12 years now and im still not done,but it is nice to see you have some of the cards i need.Less competition

Welcome to the forum!

Old 03-29-2004, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike (18colt)

Scott:

Excellent website. Wish I had the time to do something similar with my T-206s. I've been working on this set since the late 1990s, and have about 400 different so far (no Wagner, Plank, Magie, Doyle, or O'Hara St. Louis). Like others have said, with time, you can get most of them. Mine are definitely collector grade -- most (all but a handful, I'd imagine) would get nothing higher than a PSA 1/SGC 10 for a grade if they were slabbed.

That being said, if those of you who responded to this have low, low grade T-206 that you'd be willing to trade (I have a dozen or so duplicates), perhaps we can help each other with our sets. Feel free to e-mail me (click on the link under my name), but note that since it's my work e-mail, I may not respond instantly.

Good luck.

Mike (18colt)

Old 03-30-2004, 06:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott

Just wanted to echo the sentiments of others on this thread and say great job on the website as well as your collection (which is by far NOT the worst!)

I'm hoping to find the time over the next couple of months to put together a small site to display a few of my cards like you have. Maybe I can lay claim to "worst virtual collection"

Scott (from NJ)

Old 03-30-2004, 06:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott--naw, it's just Julie

Welcome. The nice thing about your set presentation is how clearly and well-organized everything's set out, which allows us to look at the cards at our leasure and in detail.

I'm missing a back in my mind. It's sort of around Old Mill, American Beauty, Cycle--about that rarity. But it's a different one. Maybe a little harder to come by. Think it begins with "S,"--and it's a little thin. If another day goes by without my remembering, I will actually get my book out. Virtual sets sure have their advantages! (Oh--Scott doesn't have one, but, like I said, it's not one of the real rare ones either).

Old 03-30-2004, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scottopotamus

I'm guessing that a Sovereign 460 Series back is the on you're talking about. Sovereign 350 backs are more common and Sovereign 150 backs are more common still.

The "rarest" (most rare?) back that I have in my collection is a Vic Willis Cycle 460 Series card. The card is beat to heck, but at least it's mine!

Old 03-30-2004, 05:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

This is getting RIDICULOUS> It's a Bender with Trees.
Two words. Not some oddball factory, just a fairly tough back. I.Am.Not.Going.To.Look!

Oh. cards with this back tend to be a little more slender than other t206s.

Old 03-30-2004, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: brian p

T206 and slender, unless it is is a PRO holder, should mean American Beauty.

Brian

Old 03-30-2004, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ben

Carolina Brights

Old 03-30-2004, 07:42 PM
Administrator

(notice how it begins with an "S.")

(Ben was trying to get me to sell this card on ebay instead of the CJ Plank, but I opted to keep the bender with Trees--CAROLINA BRIGHTS>

I was getting ready for someone to tell me to GO SOAK MY HEAD if i was too lazy to get up, get the album, and look at the verschlungener card!

Old 03-31-2004, 06:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: hop373

Nice job and good luck keeping up with the chase....I wanted to also echo what 18Colt said about doing some trading. Along the journey I have picked up some duplicates and I would love to trade them with other "set grade" collectors. I don't really even know how to begin other than to say "e-mail me if you are interested" Thanks

Old 03-31-2004, 06:56 AM
Administrator

12:01 tonight, when there should be a new one for April

B=buy; S=sell; T=trade.