NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Default I believe I might have found it!

Posted By: Scott Elkins

The T206 Piedmont 150 Plank that was cut from the same sheet as the now PSA 8 Piedmont 150 Wagner!

http://www.aimoo.com/forum/postview.cfm?id=718115&CategoryID=498448&startcat=1&ThreadID=2771480

Old 03-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Aaron

Looks like a possibility.

Old 03-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MikeU

I would bet the President of REA could answer all these questions.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JimB

If I were the one cutting up that sheet, I sure would have been a lot more careful with the Plank. For this reason alone, I doubt it came from the same hypothesized sheet as the Wagner may have. If that Wagner card was in fact cut from a sheet in 1981 or even the '70's for the purpose of having the individual cards, they surely would have been very careful in the cutting process around the other most important cards.
JimB

Old 03-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JimB

If cut in 1909 at a factory or home by a factory worker for themselves or their kids, they probably would have been more careless than a dealer who bought a sheet in the late '70's or early '80s.
Jim

Old 03-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Administrator

From my understanding, the person who cut the cards originally wasn't that careful. This resulted in the Wagner being oversized, as he must have known that was a good card to have and was more careful with it. I agree with you however, that it seems, at least with our knowledge of the Plank, that one would have been extremely careful cutting the Plank from the sheet.

However, since this is the ONLY Piedmont 150 Plank I have ever seen and is definitely hand cut, I know of no other candidate for the Plank that came from the Piedmont 150 sheet that the PSA 8 Wagner came from??????????

Hopefully Mike O'Keeffe's book will shed more light on the subject - cannot wait until its release! I know from speaking with Mr. O'Keeffe over the past three years or so, that he has done a lot of research and found a lot of info. on the Wagner and its history - should be an interesting book IMHO.

From a collector's standpoint, I only wish the people involved had not been so greedy and left the sheet intact. That way, if the sheet was a 1909 period sheet from the factory, we would have a wealth of knowledge about the T206 printing process. Certainly, a period sheet with a Plank and Wagner on it would be worthy of display at the HOF and a great study tool for researchers of the set and printing process of the cards.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian

Old 03-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Eric B

If the Wagner was next to the Plank he would have cut as much border around the Wagner as possible.....up to the color part of the surrounding cards.

Old 03-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Randy Trierweiler

After visiting the link that Scott shows in the first post, my McAfee advisor went crazy. I don't know how many of you have McAfee for virus protection, but here is what it warned: Just an FYI

Look up a site report:
Contact us
Terms of service
Privacy policy
Want to add your comments? Log in or Register.
Home Download Analysis Support Blog About us aimoo.com/forum

After entering our e-mail address on this site, we received 26 e-mails per week. They were very spammy. We received 5 e-mails which contained a virus.

Are you the owner of this site? Leave a comment
Contact information:

Automated Web Safety Testing Results for aimoo.com/forum
e-mail tests for aimoo.com/forum:
What our inbox looked like after we signed up here:

Sample Inbox
Subject Sender Date
your VIP pass Party
Unknown Sender 2007 January
SiteAdvisor
gds...@uymail.com 2007 January
industry lost billion piracy
goo...@exitextra.com 2007 January
SiteAdvisor
fbj...@doramail.com 2007 January
economic
Unknown Sender 2007 January

Old 03-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Administrator

This is the first I heard of it. However, I did pay up the Premium Membership for one and a half years - there should be no spam or problems on the site. I will have to inquire other members if this has happened with them as well, as I have not heard of it until now. I will definitely check it out, as it should not be happening. Thanks again, Scott

Old 03-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Sean

No problems with me Scott.

Sean BH

Old 03-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Randy Trierweiler

Scott, I didn't realize you were the owner of that site. I just thought you had a post there after following your link. Maybe you can contact McAfee.com and they can give you some information you need. Randy

Old 03-17-2007, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: peter chao

Guys,

Another possibility is that back in the '70s and '80s centering simply was as important as it is now. The entire sheet may have been miscut so the guy who did the cutting didn't really have that much of a choice.

Peter